Deluxe after hours vs late night ticketed event at MK?

Belle'sFan

Mouseketeer
Looking for input on late nights (11pm-1am) at the MK. If staying at a deluxe resort, would the wait times at the deluxe after hours in the MK be about the same as for a MK ticketed after hours event? Would you splurge for the ticketed event or just stick with the included after hours event?

I have done the after hours paid event and loved it and also stay DVC so deluxe.
I can tell you, IMO, both were pretty empty (although the only after hour deluxe I have done is Epcot).

Can you please tell me where I find if Deluxe hours are happening during my stay? I leave on February 1.

Thank you.

I did MK AH last week, and while I enjoyed it, I wouldn't do it again. I think I would have preferred Deluxe Extended Hours instead. As it was, our MK Deluxe hours had rain so it worked out well for me. But all else being equal, I'd choose Deluxe Hours.

I have done the after hours paid event and loved it and also stay DVC so deluxe.
I can tell you, IMO, both were pretty empty (although the only after hour deluxe I have done is Epcot).

Can you please tell me where I find if Deluxe hours are happening during my stay? I leave on February 1.

Thank you.

The park hours and info section of MDE.

There are like 50 other threads discussing the difference. They are different products. EEH has almost no food, no parades, it's a practically empty park. I'd take EEH all day every day over the ticketed events.

Both have pretty much walk on lines except for Mine Train and possibly Peter Pan. Deluxe extended hours is free for 2 hours, After Hours event is $125ish for three hours and includes snacks. Its pretty much a personal decision at this point and what your schedule allows.

Thanks for the replies! I understand they are different offerings, I was looking for a comparison of wait times. Are the number of tickets available for the ticketed events less than the number of deluxe guests at EEH? From the replies here, it sounds like about equal. Since I can fit either into my schedule, sounds like I should save my $$ since I'm not interested in "free" popcorn and ice cream.

In theory, there are more Deluxe guests than what is sold for AH. However, not everyone goes. Who shows up for Deluxe can vary and will have some correlation to weather and how late the deluxe hours are. The night you go could be randomly busy or randomly empty or randomly average.
As an example, I rode 7DMT last week during fireworks and waited about the same amount of time during AH (slightly less, but not by much).

We loved the AH event at HS but that’s because the big ticket rides there have long waits and we could ride them over and over, so it was worth the admission cost. While MK is great, there aren’t any rides that are worth the cost of the extra ticket (7DMT is not worth it) for us so I’d do the EEMH that is free there. YMMV but I’d recommend just doing the EEMH.

Mine Train was a 20 minute wait, a 15 minute wait, and a 10 minute wait the three times my daughter insisted on riding Mine Train during the extended hours when we were there two weeks ago. Space was a walk on, BTMRR was a walk on, longest wait times according to MDE were Peter Pan(I think it hovered around 30 minutes the entire time but that could have been exaggerated, we didn't ride it) and Mine Train(said 35 minutes the entire time, which was a lie) Well worth staying up until 1 am in my opinion.

Are the extended hours for deluxe resorts & the after hours events all on Mon/Wed? I would love to be able to do both, we have night owls and have trouble with crowds.

Are the extended hours for deluxe resorts & the after hours events all on Mon/Wed? I would love to be able to do both, we have night owls and have trouble with crowds.
With some exceptions, yes. Nobody seems to have any clue why Disney is doing that, as it seems like they could make more money by doing them on different days so that people could do all of them.

I find that the first hour of Deluxe Extra Hours can be busy, but if you can make it to the 2nd hour, it's pretty empty. We have done both the paid and the free... this upcoming trip, we are doing the free hours.
The "free" snacks of the paid event were pretty fun, but we decided that it wasn't worth it for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter