Deluxe Resort - What are the Perks

So the tangibles of staying deluxe-
  1. usually larger rooms (standard v standard rooms are significantly larger)
  2. usually more centrally located resorts/close and convenient to parks (exceptions like OKW)
  3. multiple transport options (walk, boat, skyliner, monorail, bus)
  4. usually inside room entrances, not motel style like Pop or Port Orleans FQ
  5. balconies (sometimes)
  6. covered transportation (ie covered corridor to buses, skyliner, etc) It's not always that way given resorts like Poly
  7. More dining choices, more signature/high end dining choices, no food court- values are one dining option and maybe a pool bar whereas a deluxe could have a grab and go, a lounge, a few sit down restaurants and pool bar,
  8. highly themed rooms/amenities like pools with slides, hot tubs, spas, valet parking, bike/boat rentals, fitness centers, club level lounges
  9. Extended eve hours (if offered when you happen to frequent the parks)
The intangibles (essentially my own opinion)
  1. prefer the theming of most of the deluxes to the larger than life value theming, but still love some of the mods
  2. I like having more food options
  3. most of the deluxes while nice, don't hold a candle to any international 5 star hotel chain. They're deluxe in disney terms, they're def not a ritz.
But to be fair, only #2, #3 and #9 are deluxe only
#5 is deluxe only but not all deluxe rooms have them
1, 4, 6, 7, 8 are also at most Mods and some Values

#3 intangible is the biggest point to know for the uninformed. Disney uses it's own definition of Deluxe that is nothing like the industry uses any where else.

So do POR and POFQ

Like I said elsewhere, I've only stayed Mod-level at CSR and CBR. The whole Southern/Bayou/New Orleans theme does nothing for me, and I don't do camping. LOL.

But to be fair, only #2, #3 and #9 are deluxe only
#5 is deluxe only but not all deluxe rooms have them
1, 4, 6, 7, 8 are also at most Mods and some Values

#3 intangible is the biggest point to know for the uninformed. Disney uses it's own definition of Deluxe that is nothing like the industry uses any where else.
All good points. Would have been better stated as more often/most-amenitized (if that's even a word LOL) over mods/values however there's certainly exceptions in these categories. But you nailed it on the head with disney's definition of deluxe. I think it's a similar understanding of "disney knowledge" of paying through the nose for mediocre dining at some disney locations, just because it's disney. Until you go and actually experience it for yourself, most don't get it.

My family stayed at the Boardwalk in May and location was amazing - extended hours are only worth it if your family are night owls - and MK was from 11 - to 1 AM. We stopped for Beignets at POFQ on the way home my daughter said she like her stay at POFQ better than at the BW.

Similar situation here. One of my girls loves POR and while she doesn't dislike Boardwalk, she's not a fan of the walkability/location. She prefers the buses to walking LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter