Denise's New Focus on Fitness-Friends and Support Welcome!

Life is good! we celebrated our 37th anniversary yesterday. After work today we're headed to Atlantic City then Cape May for our little get away. Plan to do lots of walking around the town so I can't forget my pedometer.

I'll catch up with you ladies soon!

Have a wonderful time, Dee! I"ve been very absent from here as well! But I pray for you often! Enjoy!

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!!!:goodvibes I hope you're having a wonderful time in Atlantic City! :wizard: I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the card you sent!:hug:

Have a wonderful week!:hug:

Happy Anniversary Denise! I hope your getaway was wonderful.:goodvibes

I hope things are well, I just have been so bad lately about getting on here and I miss you ladies. But I think about you so much.

Thanks for the Mother's Day card, I loved it! I hope you had a great day on Mother's Day and I bet Gary and the kids and grandkids made it special for you!

Happy Spring!

Hi Denise,

How was your anniversary getaway? I hope you and your DH had a wonderful time!:goodvibes

Hope you have a great day!:hug:

So much to catch up on...

Our anniversary get away was wonderful! Thanks for asking my friends. We had a nice evening in AC with dinner at an Irish pub, a little gambling (penny slots) and had some yummy gelato. Caesar's is decorated so tackily, you just have to laugh at all the over-the-top decor.

We headed for Cape May in the morning to make the most of Friday which was the best beach day. It was sunny and warm with not too much wind so we were able to get in some quality beach time. Nothing like sitting with a good book and the sound of the ocean! We had a great meal at one of our favorite seafood restaurants, did some shopping, and went to the Cape May Light. We had a fun and relaxing time touring around town. Cape May is a Victorian town which still has many of the original historic buildings, some of which are B and B's. I believe that the Boardwalk at WDW was modeled after CM along with other turn of the century seaside resorts.It was really nice to get away even if it was only 60 plus miles from home!

My weight is stable which really isn't a good thing. Its time for me to officially get in training mode for my walk in Sept. I will tell you that we we were away in CM, I walked without pain and further than I have in years. It finally sunk in that I now am able to make longer distance walking part of my fitness regimen. I'm a whole new me!!!!!

I'll check back later to fill you in on some other things that have been going on with me and my family-all good!

I've been doing some scrapbooking and journaling recently although I have another word for it . I call it crapbooking cause I don't follow any rules, use regular photo pages along with the scrapped pages and also put some of my saved memorabilia (crap) in the book. We have been extremely fortunate to have been able to take many nice vacations over the last few years along with all the places that we visited when the kids were younger and I feel that it's really important to have lasting memories with photos and words for our future generations. Its going to be a long process but worth every minute I spend on it.

I purchased a book about travel journaling which has given many ideas on how to write about the past as well as current trips. I'll post the exact name of the book and author next time cause I know I won't get it right without looking at it. Thankfully my kids take after my Dad and are excellent amateur photographers and will appreciate the effort that I am putting into this.

Before I go and get ready for work, I'm going to ask you to do me a favor. I'm going to really need some mental support over the next few months as I get ready for the walk in September. I'm going to be posting more detailed stuff about weight and exercise-boring, I know-but I believe it will help me be more motivated. I know I can count on you ladies since you've been with me thru my medical problems and I thank you for that! Since tomorrow is June 1, I'm making it my official kick-off day. Thanks for being here!!!!!

Each day I will take a step toward the destiny I desire.

Day 1- "Walk for Hope" Training-194 lbs.

So today is the day...time to prepare for my walk. I have over 3 months to get ready, lose weight, gain endurance and more energy too. I'm excited to begin!

I checked out another gym today along with a couple of our community pools. At this point I think I'll stay where I'm currently a member. The pool is never crowded when I go after work at 3:30 and I like that just fine!

Fitness goals for the next few days...

Thurs.-Walk in the morning
Friday-Pool after work
Sat.-Walk somewhere scenic

Hi Denise! :wave: Welcome Back! I'm glad that you and your DH had a nice anniversary getaway! :goodvibes

I love your goals for this week!:goodvibes I know you CAN accomplish them!:cheer2:

Hope you have a wonderful day today!:hug:

Denise that anniversary getaway sounds perfect and heavenly! A day at the beach only 60 miles from home makes me drool.:rotfl: I believe Boardwalk and Beach Club are both themed after that area. I hope to see the real thing someday!

I love your weekly goals, you can do a lot of training in 3 months. I am so happy and thankful you are able to walk longer without pain. You have earned that painfree status and then some! I know you will do this, I look forward to taking the journey and following your progress. Its great motivation for me!

Crapbooking is about what I do. I took some very complicated classes a few years ago and realized its more my style to do my own thing! Hey, as long as the memories get put in a book for the whole family to enjoy for years to come, its all good as far as I am concerned.

Hope your week is off to a great start, I'll hopefully check in once or twice while I am in WDW and for sure I'll "see" you when I get home!

I went to the pool yesterday and was really upset about the cleanliness of the facility. I'm really torn as to what to do with my membership. The place is convenient and the closet gym to my house which even has a pool. I feel like I should hang in there during the summer while I'm getting ready for this walk and then switch to another location. When you walk in the front door a foul odor hits you which I know is a combination of sweat and whatever they use for cleaning but it is not a fresh smell. The pool area itself needs some refreshment, the deck paint is starting to wear through and there's always stuff on the floor.

I really don't know what to do. When I lost 60 pounds back in my 30's, I did it completely without a gym membership or any home equipment. I just exercised along with a program on TV and ate less. Maybe I'm complicating things a little too much these days, but back then I didn't have arthritis and the pool feels so good. A good friend of mine has a pool and she's a teacher, so she's off for the summer in another week so maybe I can get a membership to her pool. LOL! I'll have to give her a call.

Enough griping for now. Have a nice day everyone!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the pool. :( Is the pool at a gym or is it a separate facility? Maybe you can talk to management about your concerns and see if anything will be done about the issues. If not, then maybe you can use your friend's pool for the summer. You'll get a workout in and some great conversation with your friend!:goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!:hug:

Thanks for listening to my complaints Tracy. I decided to cancel my membership and I moved on to another gym-Retro Fitness which is a chain but I'm not sure if its nationwide. You can get a membership for as low as $20.00 per month but I chose the 3 mo. plan just to make sure I like it there. It kind of ticked me off though that my first new member session was more like a pitch for their personal training program which I am not interested in at all. I just want to learn how to safely use the equipment so I will make sure that for my next session I will tell them to save their pitch for someone who cares. I'll be concentrating on the treadmill and bike and also getting stronger. The walk is now less than 3 months away so I need to be strong!!!!

I got some great news recently. I had a biopsy done by my dermatologist and my annual mammogram, and they both came back clean! I get rather witchy when I'm waiting for test results so I can now get back to being my usual pleasant self. LOL!

I did a marathon crapbooking session last night because I'm trying to get my last cruise album done so I can move on to Lauren's baby book. Its in need of repair and preservation and I'd like to get it done by her birthday which is in Aug. I started it awhile back but only did a few pages so now I need to get serious. I'm also going thru some pictures and school stuff that I can include in it. It should be fun and as always, just like life, its an ongoing project.

Today's agenda...house stuff, clean out my car, crapbooking,port flush, gym and relax!!!

I'll catch up later!

Tracy, I'm glad you're enjoying your new workout plan.

Amy, good to have you back! Your trip sounded wonderful.

Julie, where are you? I want to see some cruise pics.

Hi Denise! :wave:

That's a great idea to get a 3 month membership at the gym!:thumbsup2 That way, you can try out all of the equipment and see if you like the gym's atmosphere before making more of a membership commitment.

Congratulations on the clean mammogram and biopsy!!!! :woohoo::yay::banana: That is absolutely wonderful news, my friend!:hug:

Have a wonderful day today!:hug:

Yeah on the clean mammo & biopsy! Like my DSis says, once you've conquered cancer, you can do anything!

I joind a similar sounding gym. No frills, $20/month, but I can bring a friend....if I had one! lol!

Glad your anniversary trip was good! You deserve it! All I have within 60 miles of my house right now is a fire & a big desert.

Have a great rest of the week!

You can find me on FB if you are on, pm me & I'll send you the info. It's where all my pics are. I haven't figured out how to post them here.

Denise, I am glad you found a new gym! I can really relate to your dilemma, I worked out for years at a local, non chain family gym and it just kept getting skankier and skankier. I finally quit and then they built my rec center and its like night and day. Like you, I want/need a pool and not all gyms have them. So glad you found something and I hope you like it and it works out!

I also can relate to your thought process about maybe making things more complicated. That's why I gave up Weight Watchers. I know what I need to do and I am tired of paying them when I have the knowledge to do it on my own. So far I don't miss it a bit. And if it wasn't for ds and dd loving the rec center, I might give that up too because its expensive and I can always walk and do DVD's for activity. It gets old trying to figure this all out and it gets old paying for it!

Congratulations and praise God for your two clean tests! I think you have earned the right to be "witchy" when you wait for those results! :hug::laughing:

Sounds like you are keeping busy and as usual, your attitude and determination are impressive and fun to watch.

I'm so happy to see everyone back here again! I'm getting ready to visit my DS and family today. They live a little over an hour away so I'm hitching a ride with his MIL and we're going to spend the day at the pool and do lunch. I love my Wed. off!

I'll catch up with you guys later. Julie, I am on Facebook although I never post or comment. I just like looking at the babies pics. I'll PM you.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter