Dessert in the MDR

Our servers did this for our daughter several nights, who was eager to finish her entree and leave with the youth CMs for Dine & Play. We would just take her a dessert to eat back in the room later!

Now, when I get my Mickey Bar(s), there are no leftovers...I even chew on the stick. However, we have had birthday cakes that we couldn't finish and the servers keep them in the galley frig until the next night. They will also wrap up other desserts that you can store in your stateroom cooler.

Yes, they want you to take it and they are determined to give excellent service! They will wrap it up for you to take with you! Yummy Breakfast!

I think the Grand Marnier souffle at the "French" restaurant in the lobby is decent, and honestly better than the Palo chocolate souffle that people rave about. This is probably because a souffle, by definition, has to be cooked to something resembling order.

Otherwise, yeah, the desserts are pre-packaged nonsense.

Aside from Palo - does anyone have any deserts that they really enjoyed? The desserts we have tried have been underwhelming. Maybe we have selected the wrong ones.

Yep you are correct most of the desserts are not very good. They do make some good cheesecakes. Also at lunch they make some good carrot cake. Carrot cake you can get it on the first day at lunch and maybe one other day.

Well I will continue to disagree about the desserts. My kids and I also love the sundaes, chocolate cakes, and you can always order fresh fruit.

Grand Marnier Souffle at Lumieres and both the birthday cupcake sundae and the cheesecake were divine at Rapunzels

Another vote for the grand marnier soufflé. I'd get it most nights if I could. The cookie sundae isn't bad either but certainly not a wow.

I truly, TRULY miss the baked Alaska though. That was my favorite dessert I think.

I'm happy with their desserts because they're appropriately sized- not too big. I don't need to chase a substantial meal with a massive slice of cake or pie, as happens at some land restaurants.

Even if you didn't save enough room for dessert, the servers are more than happy to wrap things up for you. They even gave me fresh rolls to take back to the room with peanut butter for snacking.

I rarely eat dessert - I think the only one I'll eat is the chocolate mousse (aside from the Palo souffle). Several times my server tried to convince me to take some back to the room and it's only when explaining that I find most of them far too sweet and I won't eat them that they'll stop. I could request fruit but I'm usually too full anyway and I can get that from on deck later if I want some and then it will be fresher so I don't bother with that either. I often will have a liqueur instead; on one cruise when I explained the first night to the server that I didn't eat dessert and preferred a liqueur, he tried to guess each night which one I would have and kept "score" on how he did throughout the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter