Destiny Wild Guesses

crushonjessica

Mouseketeer
So with the teaser announcement about the Disney Destiny, what are your guesses for themes of different bars, lobby statue and the show restaurant, or any other guesses you have about themes?

I am thinking:
the Lobby Statue - Hercules
Show restaurant-Moana
The "Star Wars / Haunted Mansion" bar - Club Obi Wan from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or a Pirates of the Caribbean theme
Tower Suite -Pride Rock Lion King
Aft figure(s) - The Incredibles
stage show- Rogers the Musical

Did I not see Edna Mode on a door? I was trying to work out if that was Darth or Edna.

Either would work with the theming honestly.

Did I not see Edna Mode on a door? I was trying to work out if that was Darth or Edna.

Either would work with the theming honestly.
I saw Edna Mode - also looked like Haunted Mansion design on one of the doors, so I'm guessing the Haunted Mansion bar from the Treasure might be a repeat.

When I saw the Haunted Mansion, Marvel, POC, and Edna Mode on the hall doors I thought that these may be the cabin themes more than what theme the bar would be which could be something totally different. To be honest, a POC lounge fits more into the theming of the Treasure, and a Haunted Mansion lounge fits more into the theming of the Destiny.:confused3 When I first saw those doors all I could think of was, Please, no, not another Incredibles-themed room!😱

I really want the restaurant show to to be Hercules but the lobby statue seems likely
Moana as the Stage Show (again but DCL does repeat theater shows)
Marvel is likely the restaurant (Again)
POC bar instead of the Jungle Cruise bar on Treasure
Keeping the Haunted Mansion bar
I agree with the Suite being Pride Rock (But wish it was a Lion King Stage Show)
Edna I am not sure about... Maybe the Luna lounge themed more to Incredibles?

ETA- Cruella? I really don't understand picking this character... Like theming a room or a lounge for her character would involve (Faux) fur... Its not a stage show unless its lots of different villains, and I cannot see her being an icon of the ship so I really don't know

And I can't figure out who they are going to have on the back of the ship (I am worried it is Hercules and Hades and that is all we will really have them featured)

Last edited:
I really want the restaurant show to to be Hercules but the lobby statue seems likely
Moana as the Stage Show (again but DCL does repeat theater shows)
Marvel is likely the restaurant (Again)
POC bar instead of the Jungle Cruise bar on Treasure
Keeping the Haunted Mansion bar
I agree with the Suite being Pride Rock (But wish it was a Lion King Stage Show)
Edna I am not sure about... Maybe the Luna lounge themed more to Incredibles?
I would love to see a Lion King stage show 😍

Oh and btw, here in Germany they are just premiering a brand new Hercules Disney musical. It seems that they have decided to do something with that movie currently, so I hope it’s more than just a statue.

However, Hercules and Hades being kind of in the ship atrium when they speak to Minnie might indicate statue. But would they put both of them there?

Any guesses on what port it will go out of or where it will go because if New York or port canaveral I am in!!

Any guesses on what port it will go out of or where it will go because if New York or port canaveral I am in!!
I seriously think it will take over for the Wish doing 3/4 nights our of PC (and keeping that high price point). Maybe all 3 Triton class out of PC but I could easily see them moving the Wish down to Everglades and sending the Dream to CA. (That is a dream of mine because I want a Panama Canal sailing on the Dream so badly!)

From what I can gather, Disney agreed that two of their three new ships will homeport in Port Canaveral for 5 years (https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Disney-expanding-operations-at-Port-Canaveral), suggesting the Wish will be there until at least 2027, and the Treasure until at least 2029.

The agreement with Port Everglades is one ship to homeport there and a second seasonal ship from 2025 (https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/disney-cruise-line-opens-second-homeport-at-port-everglades/). So far I think that's been the Dream/Magic.

I wonder if the Destiny might take over from the Dream at PE to have all three new ships in Florida?

I seriously think it will take over for the Wish doing 3/4 nights our of PC (and keeping that high price point). Maybe all 3 Triton class out of PC but I could easily see them moving the Wish down to Everglades and sending the Dream to CA. (That is a dream of mine because I want a Panama Canal sailing on the Dream so badly!)
I’m thinking they might move the Wish to PE too if they can refuel her there. It makes sense to have the two newest and highest priced ships at PC.

I really don’t want her to do 3/4 nights though. Disney really need to have more than one 7 night option in the Caribbean.

Disney really need to have more than one 7 night option in the Caribbean.

They could do what other lines do and have 2 ships on 7-day itineraries. One does east while the other does west and they switch every week.

So like:

Week 1
Fantasy Eastern
Wish Western

Week 2
Fantasy Western
Wish Eastern

Do we know when in 2025 the Destiny is going to set sail? I have a summer Disney Magic booked but if Destiny comes to Port Canaveral summer 2025 I may have to switch!!!! Regardless I'm going on a Disney Cruise haha

Do we know when in 2025 the Destiny is going to set sail? I have a summer Disney Magic booked but if Destiny comes to Port Canaveral summer 2025 I may have to switch!!!! Regardless I'm going on a Disney Cruise haha
The general guess seems to be late 2025. like the Treasure starts late 2024.

They could do what other lines do and have 2 ships on 7-day itineraries. One does east while the other does west and they switch every week.

So like:

Week 1
Fantasy Eastern
Wish Western

Week 2
Fantasy Western
Wish Eastern
I’d love this. They could even have one out of PC and one in PE if they wanted to split their 7 nights away from PC.

Honestly with what DCL are offering with their itineraries I wouldn’t be surprised if it does 3/4 night Bahamas from PC and they also keep the Wish doing the same, I’ll be in no rush to do sail as I’m not keen on these new ships but that would just end any temptation

I figured the characters we saw on the doors would be stateroom themes rather than clues to bars, restaurants etc

Well, right now the plan seems to be
3/4 night itineraries on Wish
5 night itineraries on Magic
7 night itineraries on Treasure

out of PC

Will they put the three newest ships all in PC? I am skeptical, and hopeful that they will not. I have a hunch that we see something like

3/4 nights on Destiny
5 night itineraries on Magic
7 night itineraries on Treasure

The Destiny seems so hyper-themed - taking the other Triton class theming on steroids... Personally I think DCL is overextending themselves right now, but we shall see how it plays out.

Timeline-wise, the Destiny seems to be tracking nearly exactly a year behind the Treasure. So while we don't know for sure, I think it's reasonable to assume that the Destiny will sail in late 2025 as long as her completion schedule continues to mirror the Treasure's.

The Destiny seems so hyper-themed - taking the other Triton class theming on steroids
To be fair, we only have the animated video. There has been no YouTube reveal like we had for the Treasure or the Wish so we don't know exactly how the theme is going to be incorporated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter