Detailed Review of the Rose and Crown!

Esmeralda

Earning My Ears
We had an 8 p.m. dinner PS at the Rose and Crown (at EPCOT, in the UK). Background:

My Mom (50s) – likes practically everything but is the best at knowing what’s good and what isn’t. Favorites are Italian and seafood.
My dad (50s) – extremely picky! Favorites are Barbecue, Italian and seafood.
Myself (30) - always told I was a picky eater but compared to my dad, I’m not! Favorites are Asian food and seafood.
My daughter (5-1/2) – doesn’t like “traditional” kid’s foods like mac and cheese, etc. Has developed a gourmet taste already! Favorites are pasta, crab legs, salmon and ribs.
We are all major dessert lovers.
Our rating system is yucky, so-so, good, very good, and excellent.

Our PS was to coincide with Illuminations. What we weren’t planning on was the downpour that occurred that night at around 5 p.m. and lasted for about 5 hours. We decided to stay and wonder around World Showcase with our sopping ponchos on, until we couldn’t take it any longer and checked in early at 7 p.m. The restaurant was a zoo! They said people wouldn’t leave their tables because they didn’t want to go out in the rain!!! They were way behind in PSs because people would not leave! They said they were pleading with them to no avail. It could have rained all night – were these selfish people willing to sit there all night?! We went in where it was dry and watched my daughter make her mask at the Kidcot Fun Stop for about an hour before we got a table. People were finally starting to clear out.

After we ordered, 3 women approached our table and, addressing my daughter, told her how Mickey’s car broke down and he wouldn’t be able to start the fireworks and would she be willing to do it? Of course she heartily replied, “Yes!” At 8:55 p.m., we went outside and they gave her a light-up stick and at the right moment told her to turn it on and the fireworks started. It was a very special moment for us! We ended up being the last ones in the restaurant and leaving after 10 p.m. The rain had stopped and we had the park to ourselves as we walked out. Now for the food:

I ordered the Famous Fish and Chips. They were “good” but not crisp enough for my taste. The peas were delicious.

My mom ordered the Roasted Chicken and thought it was “good.” She also had a seasonal salad with the mustard vinaigrette, which was “excellent.”

My dad ordered the Bangers and Mash and said it was “really good.” He also had a seasonal salad with the Stilton blue cheese dressing, which was “excellent.”

My daughter ordered the Pasta with marinara sauce.

For dessert, we shared a Bailey’s Irish Crème Brulee, which was just “good.”

I have the dinner and kid’s menus if anyone is interested in details.

We’ll probably skip the Rose and Crown on our next visit to EPCOT because there are many other restaurants we’d like to try.

Check out my other Disney restaurant reviews on this board including: Citrico’s, Narcoossee’s, Brown Derby, Fulton’s, Jiko, Boma, California Grille, Restaurant Akershus, Cinderella’s Royal Table & Princess Storybook Character Breakfast, as well as my Universal restaurant reviews on the Universal board!

how cute about illuminations and your daughter, bet she was thrilled and what a nice memory..however from reading the other reviews I'm starting to see a trend with...pasta and marinara (lol)

What a magical memory for your family,very neat.Getting to start Illuminations what a great experience.Thanks for the review.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter