DH finally agreed to an add-on and now this!

KristiKelly

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>
Dh finally agreed to add-on 100 points. He told me to look at resales and see what I could find. I found a SSR with 100 points & 100 banked points for $82 a point (I'm not sure that would pass ROFR but worth a shot).

THEN, I found a piece of wood molding in our bathroom that was soft & wet(right next to the shower). DH pulls out the piece of molding which lead to pulling up tile to realize we have 2 leaks in our shower, our house is less than 7 years old. Called our insurance agent, it wasn't the result of a pipe bursting but a slow leak so guess what?!? Insurance WON'T pay!!! Great, now the $8,500 that was going to buy my DVC points will now be used to fix our shower!!

Just needed to vent I am so upset. Oh well, maybe next year sniff sniff.

I'm sorry. That is such a bummer. We're in a similar situation. Was going to purchase a really small add-on, then came the Kenmore washer & dryer that will be delivered on Friday. If I could buy enough points, were independently wealthy and didn't have to work, I could do my clothes at WDW!!! :rotfl2:

Like you said, maybe next year! I do feel bad for you, though. The last thing you want to spend hard-earned money on is to fix something that shouldn't be broken! :headache:

Ouch! Thant sucks:( We are having one of those months too and they are NO FUN! Good luck and the blessing is at least you have the cash to fix it right....

Like you said, maybe next year! I do feel bad for you, though. The last thing you want to spend hard-earned money on is to fix something that shouldn't be broken! :headache:

Good luck and the blessing is at least you have the cash to fix it right....

Yes, I do feel fortunate knowing that we have the cash to fix it. It just makes me very angry. DH remembers the shower having a hard time passing inspection, plumber had to come out 3 times and he & inspector both *finally* said it was perfect with no leaks and now 6-1/2 years later - THIS!!! My Mom's shower is 40 years old and she's never had any problems.

Hugs, I know that sucks. Seems as if appliances and other such things know when there is extra money lying around :teeth: I think we went through a few years in a row when something broke down right around tax refund time.

This year it is electronics. I went through a camera, TV, computer (2x) and a DVD surrond sound. :faint:

I feel your pain :hug:

7 years old I'm guessing yhe pipes are PVC. check on line there was a class action suit against one type. If it's copper you might need a water softener to save your pipes. At any rate 8900 seems awful steep for a little tile and some wall/floor repair. Nuff said guess this is not being DVC related :rolleyes1

7 years old I'm guessing yhe pipes are PVC. check on line there was a class action suit against one type. If it's copper you might need a water softener to save your pipes. At any rate 8900 seems awful steep for a little tile and some wall/floor repair. Nuff said guess this is not being DVC related :rolleyes1

Yeah, I'm sure this will get moved. $8500 does seem steep but it's kinda like opening a can or worms. The tile that DH had to remove is no longer available so we're probably gonna have to pull up the tile floor and the tile around the tub in order for it all to match. DH is going to replace the wood himself. We have a plumber and contractor coming out next week to look at it and DH will do what he can himself. We're hoping that it can be done cheaper and maybe I can still do a smaller contract. We'll see.

Thanks again, and I'll do a search regarding the PVC, it was around the drain but that is still of PVC so I'll check into it.

Actually, it's polybutylene pipes that had the class action suit. We had to replace ours a couple of years ago. However, they stopped using those pipes in homes around 1995, so I doubt they're what you have. For what it's worth, we paid about $4000 for our pipes and were only reimbursed about $200 from the class action. So, while I guess anything is better than nothing, you're not really missing out on much here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but at least you were able to talk dh into DVC. I'm still working on that one myself. I've even made spreadsheets. Hopefully, after we tour the new AKV this summer, he will surrender to the call of DVC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter