DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Well, the lack of DAH announcement for May has surely thrown a wrench in my plans. We had a family meeting this morning and decided to book EMM at both TSL and NFL for now and will switch to DAH if they end up announcing new events during our trip.

We'll be doing DHS EMM on 5/15!

What is everyone doing about fastpasses for their EMM day? Clearly I need to go back and read through some of your event reports since I have been up to this point 100% sure I was NOT going to do this! lol
We are going the same morning. We changed our whole trip and added a day just so we could do this. We did it in Nov. and had so much fun. We will get out of TSL about 8:45 since we were almost run over waiting for buzz by the rope drop masses in Nov. We will run to Tower and Rockin then have breakfast.We will make fastpasses for Epcot since we have annual passes and do a lot of park hopping. We will do Studio fastpasses another day.

Been away for several days so totally behind on Disney/SWGE news. Continuing the discussion above, I guess 8/29 will be the end of DHS EMM as we know it. My guess is it'll be on either a very long and/or permanent hiatus for awhile, although purely a guess on my part. Will be interesting to watch.

Just switched my trip from early Sept ( thought I would be avoiding SWGE craziness then ) to mid May . Booked 5/15 EMM 7:00 am. Can’t wait. Now if a miracle would happen and they would announce DAH for May ......

Well, the lack of DAH announcement for May has surely thrown a wrench in my plans. We had a family meeting this morning and decided to book EMM at both TSL and NFL for now and will switch to DAH if they end up announcing new events during our trip.

We'll be doing DHS EMM on 5/15!

What is everyone doing about fastpasses for their EMM day? Clearly I need to go back and read through some of your event reports since I have been up to this point 100% sure I was NOT going to do this! lol

I am going May 13th EMM due to lack of DAH announcement. But I will switch around if they are announced.

For my FP+ that day I am sticking around HS for the morning and booked 9:30 RNRC, 10:30 ToT, and 11:35 SDD. I wanted to spend most of the EMM on SDD and catch TSMM as rope drop arrives. Assuming breakfast is still at Backlot I didn’t feel I’d want to criss cross park in hurry for RDing the sunset blvd rides and catching breakfast in time. I plan to hop to Epcot later and am solo so easy to ride TT and Soarin is usually an easy 4th FP.

Been away for several days so totally behind on Disney/SWGE news. Continuing the discussion above, I guess 8/29 will be the end of DHS EMM as we know it. My guess is it'll be on either a very long and/or permanent hiatus for awhile, although purely a guess on my part. Will be interesting to watch.

I hope this isn't the case, we just decided to join my mom on a trip 9/9-9/15 and are hoping they will extend this. It seems that it saves so much time.

Long time lurker, first time poster. But I did get a fair bit out of the posts in this thread so thought I would contribute for once. Did EMM today, March 11 with a 7 , 5 and 3 year old. Took first bus out from CBR at 6:10, arrived at security a few minutes before they opened at 6:30. Held at entrance for a little while longer. Went to backlot and had some yogurt, pastries, coffee. Went to holding area where we were held until about 7:20 or so. Did the walk back to toy story land, which was probably the worst part of the morning, wife pushing a double stroller, trying to leave enough space in front to not hit anyone, but constantly being cut off. Can't even imagine the chaos of a regular rope drop to a priority attraction. Don't cut off strollers. Started near front of line, finished probably 100 people back.

Still got tonnes done. Don't have exact times but we did:
Slinky - 3 and 5 yr olds were not fans, 7 yr old loved it
AS2 x 3 - didn't have to get off - 5 and 3 yr old loved it
TSM - had to get off ride and walk all way around
TSM x 2 - no one in line so was able to stay on - had to ask though.
Split up - wife and young ones did ASM x 3 without having to get off, 7yr old and I did SDDx2. Last time we were in line the RD crowd entered.

Went to jedi training sign ups, fairly long wait, earliest show was 3:40. If early show is important then you should maybe leave a bit earlier and try not to sneek in one more ride. Went back to breakfast which was okay, kids weren't huge fans of many of the dishes, but there was enough variety to find something everyone was ok with.

Overall it was definetly worth it for us. Kids had a blast and got to ride everything multiple times. 5 and 3 year olds ended up doing 10 rides ( 1x SDD, 6x AS2, 3x TSM), 7 year old did 9 (3 times on everything). No character meets since nobody want to stop going on rides. Bonus points to all the CMs that let us stay on so many rides in a row. One actually remembered us later in the day when I was able to get a 4th FP for AS2 and he let the kids ride it twice in a row again even with an hour wait. Still can't believe they did (or wanted to do) that ride 8 times.

Long time lurker, first time poster. But I did get a fair bit out of the posts in this thread so thought I would contribute for once. Did EMM today, March 11 with a 7 , 5 and 3 year old. Took first bus out from CBR at 6:10, arrived at security a few minutes before they opened at 6:30. Held at entrance for a little while longer. Went to backlot and had some yogurt, pastries, coffee. Went to holding area where we were held until about 7:20 or so. Did the walk back to toy story land, which was probably the worst part of the morning, wife pushing a double stroller, trying to leave enough space in front to not hit anyone, but constantly being cut off. Can't even imagine the chaos of a regular rope drop to a priority attraction. Don't cut off strollers. Started near front of line, finished probably 100 people back.

Split up - wife and young ones did ASM x 3 without having to get off, 7yr old and I did SDDx2. Last time we were in line the RD crowd entered.

Went to jedi training sign ups, fairly long wait, earliest show was 3:40. If early show is important then you should maybe leave a bit earlier and try not to sneek in one more ride. Went back to breakfast which was okay, kids weren't huge fans of many of the dishes, but there was enough variety to find something everyone was ok with.

Overall it was definetly worth it for us. Kids had a blast and got to ride everything multiple times. 5 and 3 year olds ended up doing 10 rides ( 1x SDD, 6x AS2, 3x TSM), 7 year old did 9 (3 times on everything). No character meets since nobody want to stop going on rides. Bonus points to all the CMs that let us stay on so many rides in a row. One actually remembered us later in the day when I was able to get a 4th FP for AS2 and he let the kids ride it twice in a row again even with an hour wait. Still can't believe they did (or wanted to do) that ride 8 times.
Thanks for the report! Love that you weee able to rise AS2 so many times! I’m thinking my 5 year old might be like yours where SDD is a one and done. He loves maters jamboree in DL which is like AS2 so I’m guessing that would be a hit like with your younger kids :)

Thanks for your report, but sorry about getting cut off. We’ll have a double stroller with us too and I’m also pretty mindful about leaving space in front. I have a question about how you were able to ride SDD. Did your 7yo ride alone or with a stranger? We will have a DS6, DD4, and DD4 with us and are trying to figure out how to ride this ride since DS6 can’t technically ride alone and may not even want to.

Thanks for your report, but sorry about getting cut off. We’ll have a double stroller with us too and I’m also pretty mindful about leaving space in front. I have a question about how you were able to ride SDD. Did your 7yo ride alone or with a stranger? We will have a DS6, DD4, and DD4 with us and are trying to figure out how to ride this ride since DS6 can’t technically ride alone and may not even want to.

I’m curious about this too. I have a DS6, DS4 and DD4. We were planning to ask the CMs if we could all 5 get in one row and essentially take up that row for 3 rides. Dad and one kiddo go first, that kid gets out and another gets in, then dad and two kids exit and mom rides with last kid. I know some would think this a waste of time, but our DS6 doesn’t want to ride with a stranger either.

Thanks for posting about your experience. I have it booked for my group which includes a 7, 5 and almost 2 year old. I’m glad to see how much your kids enjoyed it. I didn’t expect to like AS2 but I actually loved it so I can see why your kids did too.

Booked for August 26 and can't wait! Kiddo will be excited to ride SDD multiple times, try out the Swirling Saucers :) and I may be able to get him on TSM once (he doesn't like rides where you have to get a score). This will save us having to try for SDD FP.

We are booked for 7:30, if they open a 7 time slot do we have to wait for 7:30? I'll have to read up more on that.

We are booked for 7:30, if they open a 7 time slot do we have to wait for 7:30? I'll have to read up more on that.

Here you go, from Post #1:

What's Up with the 7AM & 7:30AM Reservation Times?
  • Disney is doing something different with reservation slots for DHS/TSL EMM compared to MK EMM.
  • For most dates, Disney has first been making a 7:30AM time slot available to book.
  • When/if the 7:30AM slot sells out or gets close to selling out, Disney has been adding a 7:00AM time slot for booking.
  • Most (but not all) dates so far have ultimately had "both" time slots bookable.
  • To date, there is NO difference in how Disney handles 7AM or 7:30AM reservations at the event - everyone is treated the same.
  • It appears this is a "slow loading" technique to encourage a more gradual arrival of guests vs all at once.
    • Note! Disney's website contains the following language: "Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests."
    • Again, in practice, anyone can arrive early and eat before the event and anyone can eat up until 10am - there has been absolutely no difference in how 7AM and 7:30AM reservations are treated so far.

Have fun!

They did this for us in November when SDD was down until about 8:30 or so. Oddly enough they didn't announce the free anytime FP at all. You just had to see the line forming in front of the lady with the ipad. I knew exactly what it meant, but I can imagine tons of guests would not. On top of that if you didn't ask they gave you ONE anytime FP, but if you said "I heard some people got 3", they would give you THREE. I only knew about the three from overhearing someone in the SDD queue. I guess they try to limit the FPs only to those who seek them out.
I wish they had done this for us in October, but we got nothing except frustration with SDD being down.

I’m curious about this too. I have a DS6, DS4 and DD4. We were planning to ask the CMs if we could all 5 get in one row and essentially take up that row for 3 rides. Dad and one kiddo go first, that kid gets out and another gets in, then dad and two kids exit and mom rides with last kid. I know some would think this a waste of time, but our DS6 doesn’t want to ride with a stranger either.

We did rider swap on this ride for opening day and what you are describing is exactly how it worked for us. I don't know if it is the same for EMM but I would think so...

Twin parents get it! This is our current plan as well, assuming of course that the CM will allow the swaps at boarding. Let’s hope this will work.:tink:

So happy I checked this thread today. I hadn't realized that August dates were already available so I just booked now. Very excited about this!

My son and his friend are going tomorrow and have 7AM time. They are at All Star Sports- what time should they plan on arriving at Hollywood Studios and exactly where do they go? We have done the Fantasyland event but not the Toy Store one.

I haven't read entire thread- are there 2 different times for this?

My son and his friend are going tomorrow and have 7AM time. They are at All Star Sports- what time should they plan on arriving at Hollywood Studios and exactly where do they go? We have done the Fantasyland event but not the Toy Store one.

Check out the first post of this thread - everything you need is there!

It’ll be obvious where to go, that’s the easy part.

I’d plan to be at the front gates 6:45am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter