DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

FYI, Uber has a car seat option but they are often in very short supply, if you can even find one with a car seat. The price with that option is often in the general zone as a Minnie Van. Since we need a car seat too, Minnie Van has been a very good option for us in many circumstances, especially AMs when we often don’t have a ton of room for timing error in whatever we are doing.
Thanks you so much, you are always right there with the most bullseye-perfect piece of advice! My next question was going to be about the Uber Car Seat option ;).

And you find that the MVs are easy to get around 7am, from any resort? Not too many people doing the same thing all at once?

It's a pleasant walk, light or dark, we've done both. We'll be at BWI and walking over. Takes 20 min to reach the turnstiles (yes, even with the new route, I timed it 2 weeks ago)
Where can I find an image of the "new route?" We were familiar with walking to DHS from BW as it is what we always did when staying at BW, but with the construction, I would like to be more familiar with what the route looks like. Thanks!

Thanks you so much, you are always right there with the most bullseye-perfect piece of advice! My next question was going to be about the Uber Car Seat option ;).

And you find that the MVs are easy to get around 7am, from any resort? Not too many people doing the same thing all at once?

Thanks!

I can’t say I have tried to find a Minnie Van at 7am a ton of times, other than this past Friday. We’ve used it more for mostly 9am Rope Drops or 8am PPO ADRs. It can definitely be hit or miss and there have been times when it’ll just sit there and search for a driver forever and eventually time out.

I think having Uber ready if you need to find one with the car seat option is a good idea as a backup. I have generally avoided it because (warning, judgey comment ahead) the idea of someone’s personal car seat just hasn’t appealed to me that much. But I have the Uber app/account and it’s ready in case I need it in any given situation.

Kind of have to stay flexible in case Disney transport throws you curveballs. :-)

Where can I find an image of the "new route?" We were familiar with walking to DHS from BW as it is what we always did when staying at BW, but with the construction, I would like to be more familiar with what the route looks like. Thanks!

This image is courtesy of @bioreconstruct on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1043234727929552897?s=21

The yellow shading is added by me. The path is the same until you get to this point where you’re diverted to walk through the temporary bus loop. This is a recent photo and shows just how quickly the new bus loop construction is progressing.

7F3C670F-E92F-4428-A910-05B7632F3FD9.jpeg

Thanks!

I can’t say I have tried to find a Minnie Van at 7am a ton of times, other than this past Friday. We’ve used it more for mostly 9am Rope Drops or 8am PPO ADRs. It can definitely be hit or miss and there have been times when it’ll just sit there and search for a driver forever and eventually time out.

I think having Uber ready if you need to find one with the car seat option is a good idea as a backup. I have generally avoided it because (warning, judgey comment ahead) the idea of someone’s personal car seat just hasn’t appealed to me that much. But I have the Uber app/account and it’s ready in case I need it in any given situation.

Kind of have to stay flexible in case Disney transport throws you curveballs. :-)
Actually as I understood the Uber car seat program it wasn't necessarily a personal car seat. Uber gave the drivers who opted to sign up under the program a list of approved seats. If they happened to own one and had the proper proof of purchase still then they could register for it. But I believe most signed up with new seats. It's not a widely used program and they have already ended new enrollments. The driver's they have are all there are going to be. New ones can't join with a personal seat

Actually as I understood the Uber car seat program it wasn't necessarily a personal car seat. Uber gave the drivers who opted to sign up under the program a list of approved seats. If they happened to own one and had the proper proof of purchase still then they could register for it. But I believe most signed up with new seats. It's not a widely used program and they have already ended new enrollments. The driver's they have are all there are going to be. New ones can't join with a personal seat

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I didn’t know that.

They haven’t been for us, however, I’ve heard with the new price increase they are easier to get.

Yeah, I used it Friday AM on the way to the AP TSL morning event. DHS bus had the default “Every 20 mins” which it shows when a bus isn’t in route, so that made my decision to Minnie Van easy :-)

Note, like the wait time boards at the resort bus stops, the results are dynamic and can change quickly as buses are added, in traffic, etc.

BTW, here’s a screen shot of results right now:

View attachment 353297
Thank you so much! This is really helpful!

This image is courtesy of @bioreconstruct on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1043234727929552897?s=21

The yellow shading is added by me. The path is the same until you get to this point where you’re diverted to walk through the temporary bus loop. This is a recent photo and shows just how quickly the new bus loop construction is progressing.

View attachment 353471
What time do the Friendship boats start running? Not early enough for DHS EMM I am going to guess. Are the boats back in service to DHS? I know they were not going to DHS for a period of time because of construction. We only have one day, 10/22 and we are staying at BWV and will be going to Epcot immediately after DHS EMM.

What time do the Friendship boats start running? Not early enough for DHS EMM I am going to guess. Are the boats back in service to DHS? I know they were not going to DHS for a period of time because of construction. We only have one day, 10/22 and we are staying at BWV and will be going to Epcot immediately after DHS EMM.

The boats are running again, but I’m sorry, I don’t know what time they start running in the AM.

We bring our car and rarely drive to the parks, but we are planning on driving. With the drop off for MV being so far, there really isn’t an advantage there. And I figure that early we should get good parkibg

My thought too!! Especially with car seat issue too!! Do we need to pay for parking if we are staying on property ?

The boats were not running yet last Monday when we did EMM. I’m not sure what time they start. It took us 15 minutes to walk over from the Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter