Did a good deed today.

Guyton dis lover

Love Disney World
On my way to work traveling down I 95 I was checking out this camper that was in tow. And saw that the power cord was out flying and hitting the pavement . Got up next to the Guy and blew my horn and Blinked my lights until I got his attention. He pulled over as I did and I showed him his power cord. It had not been damaged. I ask where he was headed and he told me Ft Wilderness. He shook my hand and headed south. Always check your camper during your triip. I know you are going to say that is just common sense. But this is just a reminder. I felt good that I had help a fanmily on their way to WDW. I can only think of the problems they would have had when they arrived.

Well Done!!! We've got to look out for each other out there!

Every time I hit a big bump, I check the mirrors half expecting to see everyone swerving to miss all my falling stuff.....

I know it's easy to forget things. With so much to check....
  • Hitched up and locked forward.
  • Leveling bars connected, and LOCKED in place.
  • Sway Bar
  • Break away brake connected
  • electrical connection
  • leveling jacks up
  • shore connections removed (Water, Electric, cable, sewer, etc...)
  • Slides in
  • caps on (Water, sewer, electrical cover)
  • LP on (for fridge if needed)
  • Vents closed/locked (such as the Kitchen Hood vent)
  • Sewer hose stowed
  • Sewer valves closed
  • and on, and on, and on, and on.....
I have had small things happen. I have left the vent for the Kitchen hood unlocked. Not a big issue there, but I have also left the Break away brake cable unhooked. It was dragged to the point fo unusable, but at least it was an easy fix. While it's important if something happens where the trailer disconnects, I am usually pretty good at making sure that the hitch portion is right. (Usually)

I definitely agree though, that it's great to know that other campers look out and help out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter