Did Disney do anything special when you......

Disney-Kim

DIS Veteran
checked in to your resort? did you put that it was your honeymoon on your request? (if you did not book a "honeymoon package")????

Did you have anything special planned for your DH?
;)

Just got back from our wedding planning trip (wedding is in August). On our room request fax we metnioned this fact and as a result we got a complimentary upgrade to a king room (as opposed to two doubles). Not a huge ugrade, but one nonetheless. The woman who checked us in also made mention that it was for our wedding planning.
Will let you know what happens for the actual wedding ;)
-Andrew

Disney-Kim

I will also stay at CSR for my honeymoon in October. The reason why I chose CSR is because one of the disboard members informed us that CSR gave her the best honeymoon treatment during her trip. So, if you are sure that your ressie does mention "honeymoon couple," I believe the chance is high.

Also, grap CM's attention by wearing bride & groom ear hats in the park will also work. I have heard that one of CM's chore is "performing a magic moment". So if you get CM's attention, you may get lucky.

Nevertheless, no matter how the treatment is from WDW, you are with your new hubby. For me, as long as I can be with him, anytime of the day would be my magic moment.... (my fiance and I have been on long distance for 2 years now. Only see him 7-10 days PER YEAR!!!)

Please tell us about your wonderful trip when you come back.

Congratulations!!! :bounce:

I bought us tickets to Cirque Du Soleil as a gift to him and he sent us to the DI spa for massages.

The hotel gave us a box of chocolates and a signed wedding pic of Mickey and Minnie with a cute note attached.

Wow, that's awesome.

We were engaged at WDW in 2000 and I couldn't stop telling everyone in sight. At WL they sent us some champagne and a card.

DW and I spent our Honeymoon there at WL eight years ago and when we arrived, there was a basket and Champagne in the room.

While my DH and I were on our honeymoon, we let EVERYONE know that we were newlyweds... and even though we were staying at the GF, they did nothing. So go in with the mindset that if they don't, they don't, and if they do, great! and you won't feel let down if nothing happens.

While my DH and I were on our honeymoon, we let EVERYONE know that we were newlyweds... and we figured that the CMs at the GF would do something, but they did nothing. So go in with the mindset that if they don't, they don't, and if they do, great! and you won't feel let down if nothing happens.

We just honeymooned there in December. We did a week at WDW followed by a 7 night DCL to St. Marteen / St. Thomas. At WDW and at our hotel (Port Orleans, Riverside) we made sure everyone knew it was our honeymoon and we did not receive any special treatment. The most that happened was during a character dinner Tigger made a big deal about my ring and shok my husbands hand.

The cruiseline was different- they had a cake for us 2 nights and left us "We are on our honeymoon" pins in our room.

that was about it for the 'special Disney treatment' that you hear so much about. While I was a little disappointed, I still had a wonderful time! It was, after all my honeymoon!!!

We made sure that the Poly knew that we were engaged there last year, before checking in for our honeymoon, 2 weeks ago. We specifically requested the room in which my husband had proposed, especially since our honeymoon began on the year anniversary of his proposal! :) The Poly gave us "our" room and as soon as we arrived in it and started unpacking, they sent up a single rose in a bud vase with a "Magical Moment" certificate! My DH also sent me a dozen roses in a beautiful vase and had them delivered to the room! And the "MC" at 'Ohana that night announced to the entire room that we were there on our honeymoon and that DH had proposed to me at the Poly exactly one year before! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter