• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I forget anything?

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So this is the first cruise (4 night out of Miami) we have gone on since the restart and with all the new things Disney is looking for us to do I'm getting nervous I forgot something so if anyone could go over my list and let me know if I'm missing something that would be great.

1. I did my Online check in, booked our excursions, uploaded my info and booked my PAT time
2. We booked our covid testing.
3. We signed up for Safe Passage and uploaded our vaccinations cards and will upload our Covid testing letters when we test two days before our cruise.

Are there any changes to the way Disney does things while onboard since 3 yrs ago or are things pretty much the same? Can u tell me if Door Decorations allowed?

Also can anyone who has driven to the Miami Port and parked in the garage give me any pointers on finding the Terminal and parking garage that would be great. This is also the 1st time I've cruised out of Miami so I'm a little nervous on finding the terminal and parking garage so any help on what I should be looking for as I arrive so Im not driving in circles

Thanks
ctc917

Looks like you have it knocked out of the park!!! and YES to the door decorations unless you are concierge and on the Dream and I think I have heard you need the stronger magnets for those doors.
I can't help you with anything else as I've never sailed out of Miami but have a fantastic cruise!

The port of Miami is pretty simple, park in the garage for Terminal C and you'll see the ship across from you. You can drop off your bags before you park. If you miss the turn off for Terminal C, there's well marked turn around to get you back to the right place.

Everything seems to be back to normal as far as what you can do on the cruise. Even fish extenders are allowed again. Have a fun cruise.

If its anything like the Magic, the muster drill will be different for you. Instead of gathering at your station at a specific time, you will be required to basically take a picture of your station sign with your DCL App immediately after boarding.

disneyfaninaz and where do you send the picture after you take it? also how are you suppose to know you need to do this?

disneyfaninaz and where do you send the picture after you take it? also how are you suppose to know you need to do this?
Cast members will help you when you first board, they try and get everyone to take care of it first thing. You take the picture within the DCL Navigator App and it automatically checks you off. They also have a safety video you need to watch which they also play ship wide later in the afternoon. It’s the same sort of thing you used to listen to at your muster station but now you can watch it on funnel vision while enjoying an ice cream instead of standing crowded in the hot sun, major improvement. Just make sure you have the app downloaded and up to date on your phone. Have a great cruise!

As greensombrero stated, there will be a crew member at your muster station to help you.

If its anything like the Magic, the muster drill will be different for you. Instead of gathering at your station at a specific time, you will be required to basically take a picture of your station sign with your DCL App immediately after boarding.
Yes, this is how the Dream is doing it too. If you board early enough, a cast member is manually checking you off, later boarding you upload the picture to get checked off. Lots of communication about it once on the ship.

Make sure you know your cabin number. Especially if you were GTY and it was assigned at the last minute, this could be a problem. Once you board, you can no longer see it on the app. I would screenshot the app before boarding so you can send the picture to other people in your group who don't remember. Maybe it's just my family, but some people never get the cabin number straight lol.

Make sure you know your cabin number. Especially if you were GTY and it was assigned at the last minute, this could be a problem. Once you board, you can no longer see it on the app. I would screenshot the app before boarding so you can send the picture to other people in your group who don't remember. Maybe it's just my family, but some people never get the cabin number straight lol.
That's a great tip! Makes no sense that they remove it once on board. 🤔

When we have sailed from Miami we used an off-port parking company. There are several in the area, as well as some hotels that offer cruise parking and provide shuttles to the port. They drop you at the luggage drop area for your ship. The savings aren’t huge when compared to the price of your cruise, but they can add up to a Palo brunch…or at least the tips on the brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter