Did I hear right? It's a Small World closed until 2005?

BC

DIS Veteran
I am so disappointed. I am 50 yrs old and one of my favorites is It's a Small World. My daughter kids me about it, but I just love it! I just found out it will be closed during our December trip. I guess that means I'll just have to plan another trip!

Yes, it is sad but true and its been closed like all of this year as well!!!!!
Must be a HUGE rehab, it was clsed when we were there in May and it will be closed when we go in December, so I just explained to DH why we MUST GO in May as well :teeth:

Do you know when in 2005 it will open? We are going Jan 15-19

O' well, than we will have to wait until 2006 to ride again.
Thank you mickey0216

Are they changing the ride that much? They can usually build a new attraction like that in that amount of time can't they?

Rumor is that this is just a very extensive cleaning. It was initially rumored that they were going to change the old entrance ramp to be the new exit ramp, and vice-versa for the old exit ramp. I believe that that's not a go anymore.

I believe that the roof contained asbestos and that they had to remove a lot of that. Plus, several of the dolls simply weren't working and had to be fixed. The roof was missing pieces in places and the whole ride needed just a general 'dusting' and cleaning.' They're also making the soundtrack a little clearer.

There's still a rumor going around that a new scene will be added, but that's just a rumor.

The last time I went on it (last summer) I noticed that the roof was missing pieces and it all kind of looked dirty. I think it's great that they're doing this, because even though everyone in our family makes fun of it, we still get a kick out of it.

RyMickey

They are always closing stuff at Disneyland Paris too! It is sooo annoying.

I have a disability which means I have to stay out of the sun or I will suffer for it later so I tend to do any travelling during spring or Autumn. As a fan of Beauty and the Beast I particularly wanted to go on the Storybook Ride, however this has always been closed when I've been there - so has It's a Small World. It is very disappointing. :grouphug:

So many of the attractions and restaurants etc in DLP are subject to similar 'seasonal' closures. Some only open at peak times so if you go off peak you miss out.

I'm saddened to hear that much the same situation arises over there though.

NIK - Sorry to hear about your ailment. It is as you describe. A few of my family's favorites are only open when the parks tend to be busier. Fortunately (or unfortunately - depending upon ones perception), we tend to visit during the busier times of the year.

RyMickey - In regards to your comment about people in your family making fun of the attraction, mine does does too. With that said, a trip to WDW isn't complete without experiencing "It."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter