• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I hear right??? King Kong is gone?

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
I thought I saw on another thread something about King Kong closing forever!!! Are they kidding me? This was the greatest ride there. And now I hear they might be putting in a roller coaster? Geez, enough of the coasters already. Please somebody tell me that this is NOT true!!!

There's been rumors of Kong closing after HHN. Kong is currently closed during HHN because it is being used as a party zone. Until we hear official word, I would say that Kong's death may be greatly exaggerated.

Can you tell me what HHN is? If it is closed for this...(whatever this is) will it be back open by the last week of November?

I hope hope hope hope hope that this is just a rumor. It would be very disappointing to have Kong replaced by yet ANOTHER coaster. If I wanted coasters I'd go to six flags!!

HHN IS HOLLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS. IF IT IS JUST A RUMOR AND KONG IS GOING TO OPEN AGAIN, THEN IT SHOULD BE OPEN BY NOVEMBER.

I currently believe that Kong will remain closed until the holidays, when it will reopen for a little while. After that, it will close for good and the building will be used for something pertaining to the Mummy. I have no idea if this is true or not, but at least this way every theory I've heard so far can be somewhat satisfied.

Lets face it we know that Universal will definatly come out with a perment Mummy attraction. The Mummy franchies looks to be going for years to come. The Scorpion King is about to come out, and we know there will be sequels to that movie. Mummy 3 will most likely come out in two years. And ofcourse the Mummy Cartoon is now on TV. Either a Mummy attraction will be put between MIB and Back to the Future, or it will go in the Kong building. And from all of the info I gathered Kong will be torn apart and turned into a New York Museum of History, that will feature a Mummy Exibit that goes wrong. Either the ride will be a Dark Ride/ Roller Coaster or Universal will use its Spiderman technology for the attraction. If its my guess they will go with the dark ride roller coaster, because it will be much cheaper, and the coast will give the park the thrill ride its lacking. It will have the same effect that Rockin Roller Coaster has had on MGM.

Lets face it even though Kong is a classic it will soon be in the land of the lost attractions with the Ghostbusters show and the Dynomite Stunt Spatacular. I also expect from my sources that Earthquake will meet this same fate in the next four years. Renovating a building is cheaper then starting from scratch. And by walking around in the Kong building during HHN, I realized Kong is on his last legs.

I would like Earthquake more if we could avoid the pre-show, like last year's HHN. I think the pre-show is starting to show its age.

I always associated The Mummy with a water ride. Kinda like a rapids ride through a boobie trapped pyramid with a final plunge like JTA, but much wilder and you would need over the shoulder harness.

I also wonder about Shrek, Johare came up with that idea and I think it would be an awesome dark ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter