Did I make a mistake...POR ressies...help

Mlissa88

A little song...a little dance... a little seltzer
I need your expert help here....

I made weekend reservations for PO-R for end of October because I knew that where we wanted to stay, POFQ, was going to be closed. The CRO agent would not confirm the closing of POFQ to us and said nothing about it when we mentioned that we were going to PO-R rather than POFQ because of the refurbishment.

Should I have just made them for POFQ anyway with the hopes of getting a good deal later when they would call to relocate us?

We have the first part of the week at VWL and we just needed some weekend ressies. We wanted to save some $ and go with a moderate.

Not sure if this helps but I'm a annual pass holder and I was hoping to get a discount with that when it's released....

Any thoughts?

I doubt you would get a ressie for pofq, they would tell you sorry not available.... If you could get it I would jump on it and you got lucky cause you would be relocated! MKY ;) IMHO

When did you call? I don't think you could make a POFQ reservation now.

We're going May 9 to 16, I have May 11 to 16 with DVC points at OKW and back in February I had thought about making May 9 & 10 at POFQ because I really liked it when I stayed for a weekend there in early Feb. Instead I decided to get the DVC member discount (25%) at OKW so that we would not have to change rooms, with the hope of getting a better AP discount. I'm kicking myself now! If I would have made the POFQ res we could have got a great discount at a deluxe or maybe even OKW.

We called two weekends ago to make our weekend plans. After we made ressies for PO-R we mentioned that we were going to stay at POFQ in Oct/Nov but we understood it was going to be closed. The person we had on the phone just answered that she did not know....

That's why I wasn't sure if I should have asked her to check POFQ to see if it would have accepted anything for Oct or if indicates that they cant take a ressie for that time. I understood from everyone's write ups that you could make the reservation but that it would be reassigned. Maybe I understood it incorrectly.

I called just yesterday to make a ressie for a Sat. night in June for POR-R and was told that they had no availibility due to the fact that PO-FQ was closing next month for the next 2 yrs and POR-R is taking all the overflow. So since the CRO agent said PO-FQ will be closing for 2yrs I don't think you would have any luck in getting that Oct. ressie.

I'm still kicking myself for not having called the reservation in back in Dec when I was planning to call.

At least I can stop kicking myself about my recent call.

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter