• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did You Attend MNSSHP On Oct. 31st??

diznee25

Disney all the time
We are planning a future Disney trip to include MNSSHP and plan on attending Halloween night, Oct. 31st.

What are the crowds like that night?
Will the crowds be managable? (Just two adults, no kids.)

From what I've heard, adults are allowed to trick-or-trick, is this correct?

Thanks,
Diznee25

I wasn't there that night, but when I was there, they did give adults candy if you had a bag. I was too embarassed to do it myself. I seemed about 15% of adults were trick or treating. There were usually lines to get to the candy, and i would rather be riding and buy myself a snickers bar when it was done.

They were generous with the candy though. They were the good chocolate bars like twix and milky way and we frequently got 3-4 at each stop.

My sister & I were at 2 Halloween parties this year, and we trick-or-treated!! I would say that the nights we were there, about 80% of the adults waited on line with us for candy. Lines were long at times, but they moved quickly and they didn't really keep me from hitting any of the rides. In fact, as the nights went on, the crowds were thinner & we got on more rides AND got more candy!;)

Have fun if you go!!

We were there on Halloween this year. I have never been to another MNSSHP so I don't have a comparison. I have however been to WDW during Easter Week. I thought for the first few hrs the MK was as packed as it was Easter Week. I felt it was a little miserable. Also, it was pretty humid. We wore lightweight costumes, but they were still sticking to us. We got seats for the fireworks about 50 minutes early. Good thing, 10 more minutes and we would of been standing. We took a break and remained in the seats for the 2nd parade. The parade was worth the whole evening. It was out of this world. After that parade the crowds were gone, and by the minute the place got emptier and emptier. After the 2nd parade there was only something like an hour and 1/2 left. But we walked onto Pooh, Dumbo, HM, Snow White.
Also earlier in the evening we only did 2 trick or treat spots. Yes they go fast but the lines had at least 100-200 people each. So we waited until the end. From 11:40-midnight we made a mad dash for the trickortreat spots. We got a ton of stuff. They were dumping it by the handfuls into the bags. The one CM gave us a new bag and filled it 3/4 up. This was the last party though too. However, it wasn't "good" candy. Lots and lots of tootsie rolls and smarties. Even at the 2 stops we hit up early in the party. Maybe they ran out of the good candy. I would do MNSSHP again. I thought the parade and the theme was great. I 'd only do it though at the beginning of the month. Hopefully when it wasn't sold out. I won't ever try Halloween night again. Too chaotic. Last thing. We did "hunt" for the rare characters that were supposed to be out. DH had his heart set on the dwarves. The only rare character we found was Ollie and Zoie. Cinderella's coach also had at least a 45 min wait to get pics. We went around to the back of it and took pics w/o cinderella and had no wait.

We attended 3 MNSSHP's this year!! We went on the 24th, 30th, & 31st. We also are planning to go again next Oct. I thought both the 30th & 31st were crowded (both sold out by the way)(Also Halloween was on a Fri this year, may have contributed to the crowd).
The 24th was great. Not as crowded. Easy to get on rides, get our picture, trick or treat, and watch the parade. I liked attending on Halloween night. But I would prefer to attend again on a less crowded day.
It was a great party though. Highly recommend it. The Headless Horseman was too cool!!

We went Halloween night in 2002.

Yes, it was very crowded. But we still enjoyed it and had a great time. We loved the atmosphere and just being at MK for Halloween!

I can't tell you much about the rides because we focused on trick or treating, the parade, and the free photo. Yes, the treak or treat lines seemed long but they went VERY fast and it didn't seem bad to us.

Yes, there was too long of a wait for the Princesses at the Carriage behind the Castle but that didn't surprise me in the least.

We ate at LTT, got first in line for the free photo right across from LTT and then did one trick or treat station on our way to Haunted Mansion. No wait for Haunted Mansion. Then we continued trick or treating through Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and then to Toontown. We stayed in Toontown and rode Goofy's Barnstormer 2 times in a row with no wait. It was packed though but we just loved the atmosphere.

Then we headed back toward Fantasyland and it was now really packed and we couldn't do rides there. By now it was almost time for the fireworks. Our DD got very sick going into Fanstasyland so we spent our fireworks time there cleaning her up and getting her a new outfit. Then we headed to Main Street to get a spot for the second parade. It was already pretty filled up but we got one of the last spots. We probably waited 1/2 hour for the parade.

Then we had to leave because our DD was too sick to stay any longer.

I only have MVMCP and off-season to compare the crowds to and it was by far more crowded than either of those times BUT we still had fun and we are going again next Halloween night in 2004. Our DD wants to go again NOT SICK!

If I were you, I'd go check out the Halloween thread up top and read some reports. Some people speak of no waits for rides depending on where you went...like Frontierland or Adventureland. We never made it to those areas so I can't say how it was for us.

Have fun planning!

Yes, we were there on 31st. We had a 5pm dinner at Chef Mickey's and the park was crowded when we arrived. WE watche d the first parade right by where it comes out - that's where I fell & broke my foot :( (though I didn't realise at the time!)

By the time the fireworks were over (after a false start!!) the lines were already diminishing fast, Splash Mountain was a walk on bythe time of the 2nd parade and we got to go 'round again' for the first time :D Plenty of adults were trick or treating by this time as most of the kids were asleep lol ;)

We stayed til almost midnight and would definitely go on 31st again - its my DD's birthday :Pinkbounc

We've been to MNSSHP twice, in 2000 and this year. I didn't think the crowds were terrible either year. We used FP and didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any ride. And we rode A LOT of rides. I should probably say that ToonTown was a little crowded, but if you aren't bringing kids that may not be an issue.

We got to the park a couple hours early and got a lot done before the party officially started.

Like TracyL said, there was a false start with the fireworks and I was a little concerned that could end up being a bad Halloween trick, but they eventually had the entire show. We watched from the Plaza Pavilion in Tomorrowland and the witch flew right over our head!

I was given a trick or treat bag when I entered the park and you can be sure I used it! Although the kids ended up eating most of my candy.

Also, you can't beat riding Haunted Mansion on Halloween!

I would like to thank all of you for sharing what you've experienced with MNSSHP. :)

I will definiately check out the Halloween thread at the top of this board, thanks to beattyfamily for pointing that out!

My fiance' and I thought it would be cool to visit WDW for all (or most) of the holidays. We went last year for 4th of July. In 3 weeks we'll be there for Christmas. (MK on Christmas day....oh yea, that's where we'll be!)

So our next trip is Halloween. I never really counted Halloween as a holiday, but when I saw photos of MK all decked out in Halloween decor, I thought, "Oh, this looks awsome!"
It seems Halloween gets the same amount of attention as Christmas at Magic Kingdom. (At least, where decoration is concerned.) So it feels like a holiday!

Thanks again,
Diznee25 ::MinnieMo

We were there and it was crowded but only in spots. Fantasyland was a mob scene so we went the other way. Toon town was jammed because there is only one way in and one way out. So the crowd was trying to get in while another crowd was trying to get out.
The rides were like 10 minute waits.
Parade was awesome.
the witch flying from the castle was cool.
Many adults were trick or treating.
We had no wait for the family picture.
Ate dinner at Cinderellas table, Cinderella passed through and said hi to everyone.
Saw Snow White with ALL seven dwarves. Excellent picture.

From reading these boards I was ready for crowds the size of mid summer. It wasn't even close. Very manageable. Just go opposite of the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter