Different Rates Online & On The Phone???

coreynyc

Mouseketeer
I booked a 2 night (5/30-6/1) stay using the Loews website a few weeks ago. After checking all 3 hotels and all of my possible discounts (Fan Club, AAA, Entertainment), I took a standard view room at the RPR for $157/night +tax (Fan Club). This was the lowest rate for me at the time.

I’ve been checking all 3 hotels and all 3 of my possible discounts online every day since then and have seen the rates fluctuate up and down, but they never went below $157 for RPR (or any other hotel).

Today, on a whim, I called 800-BE-A-STAR to check all of the possibilities and I get RPR standard view for $144 (Entertainment)! This rate does not appear on the website. (The other rates I was quoted over the phone match what the website quoted today)

So I’m wondering if this is normal; does the BE-A-STAR # give the better rates than the Loews website? Should I be calling the # everyday to see if the rates change? What about Loews own reservation line?

You can only get info on the entertainment card rates over the phone. Sometimes they are slightly lower. Sometimes they aren't . they aren't posted online.

Originally posted by Puffy2
You can only get info on the entertainment card rates over the phone. Sometimes they are slightly lower. Sometimes they aren't . they aren't posted online.

So I’ve been wasting my time with inputting the “ENT” code when I’ve been checking rates? Only “AAA” , “FAN”, and “APH” (which doesn’t apply to me) really work?

Originally posted by coreynyc
So I’ve been wasting my time with inputting the “ENT” code when I’ve been checking rates? Only “AAA” , “FAN”, and “APH” (which doesn’t apply to me) really work?

That's correct. AAA, FAN, and APH are the only discount rates you can check for on the website.

It is possible. 1-800-BE A STAR is direct with Universal. Loewe's has their own website. Sometimes they have the same rates, sometimes they don't.

and FLO will check for florida resident rates which they sometimes extend to Georgia residents, but to book it as a GA resident rate you have to call the Loews number and ask if it's availalbe for GA residents and then book on the phone.

BED is a bed and breakfast rate you can check online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter