DIGITAL Rider Swap/Rider Switch/Child Swap: In Effect as of June 16th

:wave2: This thread is to Alert families that the new digital Swap entitlements are now being issued. Those riding on the Swap need to have Swap entitlements linked to their MDX Profiles via their MB or plastic ticket.

Continuing discussion of topics posted in closed threads from Rumors/News and TPAS will result in deletions and infractions. Thanks!
Is there an explainer somewhere that shows how to do this?

Just wanting to confirm, if we are a family of 6 (one of which can't ride), I can make a FP+ for 3 people and then the other 2 will get a "swap" scanned to their band?

I'm still confused after reading the rumor board thread and this one. If my husband takes my son with FPs to ride a ride, and I wait with our too short daugher and get a rider swap, is my son going to get to ride with me or am I going to be stuck riding by myself? I currently made everyone's fps the same so I have a SDD too, but ideally would like to take her to do something else and ride the ride with someone!

I'm still confused after reading the rumor board thread and this one. If my husband takes my son with FPs to ride a ride, and I wait with our too short daugher and get a rider swap, is my son going to get to ride with me or am I going to be stuck riding by myself? I currently made everyone's fps the same so I have a SDD too, but ideally would like to take her to do something else and ride the ride with someone!
No one knows the answer because no one has reported whether or not a rider from Group#1 has been able to receive a Swap entitlement.

Topics that were in the now-closed Rumors thread cannot be restarted in this thread.

So discussing rider swap is just not allowed? Considering the other threads were locked and this one has a no discussion rule.
It’s an ongoing topic of discussion on the Disney for Families Board where there are two current threads.

This is an info thread to report facts pertaining to the new Digital Swap system.

We rode FOP early afternoon Saturday and received the paper rider swap tickets; also did on Everest Saturday. Both expired that day.
We were in the parks last week and received several paper rider swaps that stated good through June 30--Splash and Space Mtns, Kali River Rapids, Soarin, Star Tours, Tower of Terror. It will be interesting to see how this rolls out.

I am also waiting for reports on this. We are a family of 4 with 1 child that does not meet the height requirements.

It’s an ongoing topic of discussion on the Disney for Families Board where there are two current threads.

This is an info thread to report facts pertaining to the new Digital Swap system.

This is just a suggestion, but if this thread is supposed to be just for posting actual experiences with the new policy, would it maybe be helpful to say something like that in the first post? If there are other threads for discussion, you could maybe link to them in the first post as well.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sound critical or rude, I just thought that might be helpful with keeping this thread on focus if everyone fully understood in the first post what it's for. :-)

No one knows the answer because no one has reported whether or not a rider from Group#1 has been able to receive a Swap entitlement.

Topics that were in the now-closed Rumors thread cannot be restarted in this thread.
There was someone in the Rumors thread who reported receiving a digital RS at FOP a few days ago that received swap FPs for original riders.

I am also waiting for reports on this. We are a family of 4 with 1 child that does not meet the height requirements.
So I can tell you what happened with my party today at Star Tours. I rode it with my oldest son while my sister and her husband waited with my youngest, who is too little. When I asked for child swap, they had my sister and her husband scan their bands (but not my son). After I rode, the two of them rode with my son (so he rode twice). When they entered the ride with him the CM scanned their bands but not my son's, and never even asked if he had a pass. I don't know if they were just being lenient, or assumed he was with them and didn't bother checking, or if that will be common practice. But at least it's a data point.

We have been here since the 16th, and have pulled RS at 7DMT, Test Track, Mission Space, BTMRR, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids plus a couple others that are escaping me and so far have only gotten paper RS passes. Star Tours is the only one we didn’t bother because we all had FP’s and the standby line was only 5 minutes.
Tomorrow is our FOP day, so we shall see!

I also should add, this practice hasn't rolled out to every ride as of today. We got rider switch passes at every headliner in both Epcot and HS today, and only Star Tours had actually gone to this system yet. However, the CMs at both ToT and TT told us they were going digital tomorrow (6/19).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter