Dilemma

Tracie Wallace

Mouseketeer
With the new Fairy Tale package out, DH now says he would rather stay a week at Disneyworld. We are currently booked on the 4-day Disney Wonder crusing on October 5th and he feels that the cruise is too short. The Magic is in drydock the week we are on vacation (so no 7-day Disney cruise available)- which is the week my daughter is out of school for Fall Break.

We've been to DisneyWorld several times but have never done a Disney cruise. I should never have asked his opinion about what we should do. I fully expected him to say "Let's do the cruise - we've never done that before." This is what happens when I ask someone else's opinion about MY vacation. Even my 6-year old DD says she would rather stay at Disneyworld (but what does SHE know)!

Sorry to rant, but I'm not sure what to do. I make all the plans and reservations, so I could still keep the cruise. I just wanted everyone to want what I want - and I did ask their opinion? I have a feeling the Fairy tale packages will go pretty quick - especially after this weekend. I need to make a decision quick!

With the new Fairy Tale package out, DH now says he would rather stay a week at Disneyworld.
Even my 6-year old DD says she would rather stay at Disneyworld
and I did ask their opinion

My opinion would be to reserve the Fairy Tale package as soon as possible. Then call DCL in order to arrange a 2004 7-night cruise.

I just wanted everyone to want what I want

Next time, just speak with the family dog...

Dear Buckaroo's Dad:
When I saw it was you responding, I just KNEW you'd take their side. And you're right - next time I will ask the dog!!

Tracie,

I'm assuming the rates for this fairy tale package is pretty good (I haven't seen details).

Does your husband want to go to WDW because of the price or because it is something he knows.

I'd pick the cruise, but them I'm in cruise mode right now as we leave Saturday.

Can you get your hands on a DCL video (maybe from a local travel agent) that would show them the wonders of a cruise?

Could you afford to do a cruise and some days at Disney either before or after?

Good luck!

Hi WDWLVR:

I have the DCL video, I have a copy of the Travel Channel show on the Disney Cruise Line - and DH hasn't watched either.

Our current plans are to stay 2 nights (1 day) at WDW, cruise, then return and stay at the RPH at Universal. He's the one who really wanted to go back to IOA. Now he wants to stay at WDW with UHP?

I believe part of his concern is that the 4 day cruise won't be long enough.

I'm the obsessive planner in the family - DH just tends to go along for the most part.

I guess if you have a dilemma, this isn't a bad one!

before you make your final arrangements...make him watch the videos...it puts a whole new spin on things...

By the way...where did you get copies of the Discovery Travel video??? I'm looking for a copy...Thanks

Hi jlp651

I actually think that if this were a 7-day cruise, this would be a non-issue. I know that if I really want to go on the cruise, he'll go willingly. I'm much more of a Disney fan then he is. He'd be quite content in that week to go on a 7-day Carnival or RCCL cruise.

It really surprised me that he wanted to go to Disneyworld for our entire vacation. Its not that he doesn't like it - its just not very special to him.

Anyway, I taped the Travel Channel special since it played while I was on vacation in Hawaii. I only have one working VCR - otherwise I'd offer you a copy.

You might do a search, I know that other people were making copies of the show for people who were unable to watch it. On the other hand - its the Travel Channel, just wait and the show will be on again!

Just a question...What is the Fairy Tale package and where I can I get the information.

KAMommy
The Fairytale package is a new Disneyworld package offering room and UHPs at a discounted price; basically its buy 4 days get 3 free. You will find a more comprehensive explanation at mousesavers.com and on the Resort boards. It has been offered first to the Disney Club members and is supposed to be offered to the general public this weekend. However, and I haven't checked yet, it was rumoured that the general public could start taking advantage of this package today, the 8th.

I didn't read the fine print, but the Fairy Tale package is now showing up on the "specials" page on the Disney web site. So........ it must be available to anyone as of today.

wovenwonder - that's an interesting idea. I already convinced my husband to take the cruise (begging and pleading work wonders) (as does a "I really want to do this cruise"), but I'll have to look into the 3-day. Thanks.

Your DH is right 4 days is just not enough time aboard the ship. If you can't change your dates to get it all done this year than I would have to agree with Buckaroo's Dad, WDW this year and a 7 day cruise next year. If you book your cruise now for next year you'll get the Early Booking Saving.

BTW-I have a 6 year old DD who would take that cruise over WDW any day.

I read this often that the 3 or 4 day cruises are just not long enough. I beg to differ. Our family found the 3 day "wonder"ful. We had never been on DCL and it fit within our budget and with other plans we had with a condo in Florida.
We ARE doing a 7 day next but don't regret for a moment, nor would I change having taken a 3 day.
I know others will and do disagree, but having done the 3 day whetted our appetite for DCL, plus gave us ample time to see that this type of holiday was/is for us.
Cheers,
Grumbo :D

Your family sounds just like us. We were booked for a land/sea pkg and then the new fairytale deals appeared. We now have changed our plans to do 7 nights at CBR and then the 3 day Wonder. Our original plan was 3 nights land/4 night Wonder on Sept. 28th. We are still arriving on the 25th but will not cruise until Oct. 2nd. We are staying 4 extra days and only paying about $100 more. This is our first Disney cruise with our two DS (8 & 5), and this will be a good time to see how they like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter