Dining Plan Question About Use?

Atchley

"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
Does anyone know how this dining plan works? I'm sure that is a stupid question since I'm on the Disboard.

My question is when they scan your card do they ask you if you want to use one of your cs/ts credits at that time? Do you have to tell them before they scan it? My problem is that only one cs meal is taken care of a day. I plan on purchasing breakfast myself and I liked the last time we went that we could just charge it to our room using the room card. Is there any chance at all that the CM might mess up and use one of my credits for a doughnut and coffee?

Please someone help put my mind at ease. I just want to make sure that all my credits aren't blown in the first couple of days. Thanks so much.

WDW July 15-22 :cool1: :banana: party: :hyper: Disney here we come!

Atchley said:
Does anyone know how this dining plan works? I'm sure that is a stupid question since I'm on the Disboard.

My question is when they scan your card do they ask you if you want to use one of your cs/ts credits at that time? Do you have to tell them before they scan it? My problem is that only one cs meal is taken care of a day. I plan on purchasing breakfast myself and I liked the last time we went that we could just charge it to our room using the room card. Is there any chance at all that the CM might mess up and use one of my credits for a doughnut and coffee?

Please someone help put my mind at ease. I just want to make sure that all my credits aren't blown in the first couple of days. Thanks so much.

WDW July 15-22 :cool1: :banana: party: :hyper: Disney here we come!

If you were purchasing nothing but a doughnut and coffee I'm sure they'd ask you how you wanted to pay, but you might want to tell them just to be safe.

Be extra careful if you order a full breakfast and DON'T want to use the CS credit (if you're like most people who prefer to save the credits for lunch and dinner). The cashier very well might just assume that the breakfast is meant to be on the DDP and she'd take the credit off automatically.

You should have no problems at all as long as you make it clear to the cashiers when you DON'T want something to hit your DDP credits.

If they do happen to make a mistake, just take your receipts to the resort check-in counter & they will fix it for you.

The only place we had a problem was Planet Hollywood. They were on the old silver plan. My DD,DSIL and DGS went for lunch and the waitress charged the room after they said they were on the plan. It took more than a half hour to straiten this out. Was I supprised when we checked out several days later and found the charge still on our room AND the points deducted for the same meal. We now stick to Disney restraunts. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Be careful. Because of the DDP, I would not let my kids (adults) have charging priveledges because I didn't want them using their cards unless if was for CS or Snack credits. I too thought this might happen. If you have the DDP and charging priveledges on your card, you are going to have to monitor the credits carefully, just to make sure you don't use a CS credit for a donut and coffee....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter