Srl051515

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I would love some help/advice. I don’t have any social media and I’ve been hunting this board for tips and finally decided to reach out.

I’m booking our first family trip to Disney this year for the first week of December. My family of 4 (3 and 6 year old time of trip - pretty good eaters too) is very excited and we will be celebrating my 6 year olds birthday there. We will be going to Hollywood studios, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom.

What are your absolute must try favorite restaurants at each park? Plus if you highlight the meal (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner)

Thank you so much!!!!

I assume you’ll check menus in MDE to be sure there’s food everyone will like at each place.

All of these serve lunch & dinner, and the menus and prices are very similar for both. Some are prix fixe, meaning you pay for each person no matter how much or how little they eat.

MK - Be Our Guest or Cinderella’s Royal Table - expensive but inside Beast’s castle or THE Castle. Liberty Tree Tavern - tasty Thanksgiving meal.

DHS - Sci-Fi Dine-In or 50s Prime Time - both are a lot of fun!

Epcot - Biergarten for food and the oompah band

AK - for kids, Rainforest Cafe right outside the gates (if neither one would be scared by life size gorillas and other jungle animals coming alive every few minutes, along with a thunderstorm). Yak & Yeti for food!

I assume you’ll check menus in MDE to be sure there’s food everyone will like at each place.

All of these serve lunch & dinner, and the menus and prices are very similar for both. Some are prix fixe, meaning you pay for each person no matter how much or how little they eat.

MK - Be Our Guest or Cinderella’s Royal Table - expensive but inside Beast’s castle or THE Castle. Liberty Tree Tavern - tasty Thanksgiving meal.

AK - for kids, Rainforest Cafe right outside the gates (if neither one would be scared by life size gorillas and other jungle animals coming alive every few minutes, along with a thunderstorm). Yak & Yeti for food!
Thank you!

I agree with Carolyn and would add that Sci-Fi plays snippets of old scifi movies on the big screen that might be scary for kid of that age (huge bugs, birds, etc.). Just to know, in case it's a factor.
Also, I would recommend Garden Grill (EPCOT) to see Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale if characters are of interest -- this is a must do for my family each trip. We also love the Pooh characters at the Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom), but not sure if they are back yet.

We love Coral Reef (aquarium restaurant) in Epcot. The food does get mixed reviews, but we have always been happy with our meals.

We usually venture out of Magic Kingdom for a lunch at one of the nearby resorts and a break from the crowds. Grand Floridian Cafe is a favorite. We also want to try Whispering Canyon Cafe.

At Hollywood Studios, we liked Mama Melrose and 50's Prime Time just fine. We just aren't wowed by the options in this park.

Our family must-dos for dining are: Tusker House character meal (prefer late breakfast, as they are also putting lunch out) at AK; Teppan Edo at Epcot; Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge; Sci Fi Dine In at Studios. We also like Ohana but don't do it every trip, and the kids love Liberty Tree Tavern at MK but I cringe at paying that much money for them to eat Mac N Cheese and mashed potatoes... At MK I personally prefer Skipper's Canteen.

At Disney Springs I highly recommend Raglan Road (you also get fun entertainment but it is loud in there) and Jaleo.

Hi everyone! I would love some help/advice. I don’t have any social media and I’ve been hunting this board for tips and finally decided to reach out.

I’m booking our first family trip to Disney this year for the first week of December. My family of 4 (3 and 6 year old time of trip - pretty good eaters too) is very excited and we will be celebrating my 6 year olds birthday there. We will be going to Hollywood studios, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom.

What are your absolute must try favorite restaurants at each park? Plus if you highlight the meal (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner)

Thank you so much!!!!
I echo @KSL ... definitely recommend Garden Grill. It is great for character interaction. My family likes 50's Prime Time in HS. The littles won't necessarily understand the theming, but may still think it's cool. As a party of four, you can request a "tv table." If you eat at the Skipper Canteen in MK I suggest requesting one of the smaller rooms (the S.E.A. room or the family parlour). The whole restaurant is themed, but I think that the smaller rooms are more colorful and pleasant.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter