• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining reservations worried and confused...

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
We are going to universal March 9th-12th. I know this is during a busier spring break time, but I was under the impression from what people posted that reservations for dining at universal weren’t really needed like they are at Disney. So I hadn’t bothered to make any reservations. Well we are doing After Hours events at Disney a couple nights that week and we need to make sure we eat dinner by a certain time. Out of curiosity I looked at NBC grill for March 12th at 4pm, which is when we would need to be eating by. Zomato booking site showed nothing available. So I called the reservation number and she confirmed that only walk ups were available. Should I be worried? What’s the chances we will get in right away at 4pm if we walk up, especially since we supposedly get priority seating?

Last edited:
Well...I may have just figured out why nbc grill is packed on March 12. Didn’t dawn on me that March madness starts that day!!!! Doh!!!!

They might not really take reservations. Most of the CityWalk ones are walk up only. Could be that they’re listed on Zomato but only take large party reservations. I’ve seen weird stuff like that.

We are arriving on the10th until the 14th and we made dining reservations for each night except one, when we want to go to Toothsome, which doesn't take them. We also have a lunch reservation for Mythos. We have them at Bob Marley, Cowfish, Trattorio Del Porta, and Vivo Italian.

Edited to add that I really just wanted to let you know where we could get them. We also wanted to eat early to make sure we could make to it parades after some nights.

Last edited:

Zomato was weird when it came to Cowfish...if you selected 3 people it treated it as a "large party" and I had to call to make the reservation

They might not really take reservations. Most of the CityWalk ones are walk up only. Could be that they’re listed on Zomato but only take large party reservations. I’ve seen weird stuff like that.

We decided to skip NBC Grill because my son and I wouldn't enjoy the atmosphere with the college playoffs starting. We are booked at Bigfire instead! I hope it's good!

Sorry to disappoint but no it doesn't. It starts the following week.
I’m pretty sure I saw some big basketball playoff was going on March 12. I don’t follow basketball so maybe I’m wrong. I did a google search for sporting events March 12th and I thought I saw something about a college basketball game. Oh well, I’m content with our change to Bigfire over NBC Grill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter