Dining Reservations- Your thoughts on these new-to-me bookings

Well in June we ate at

Ohana twice and we loved it as we usually do.

Boma we ate there twice once for breakfast and once for dinner. My mob liked both but those zebra domes got everyone wanting to go back there.

Bon Voyage Breakfast. We ate there for the 1st time and it was a mixed reaction. My 17 year old wanted to meet Rapunzel so it was a win there. I found the place to be a little dark and the meal was a tad rushed but I found the food to be decent and overall the experience was good. Will we go back there? Not on our next trip but maybe the one after that.

Jiko Only ate there once but I think its the best restaurant at WDW.

This is the one I am the most torn about. I know nothing of quick service at HS so I am a bit lost for ideas. Do you have any recs? Is it close enough to walk to BC/YC for QS there?

We ate at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner in March, it's a small menu, couple of hot dog variations, pulled pork and nachos. We liked it, and we timed it to sit at a picnic table and watch the Star Wars show (or as Ryno calls it the Star Wars Fashion Show). Food was good, show not so much! We also like ABC Commissary.

I have been too HBD and Tiffins in the past 2 -3 months. I think HBD is good not great but is probably the only good choice at HS.

Tiffins is excellent - I've been 2x in the past 6 months and plan on going again soon. Its my favorite and my 6 year old was fine there. I've actually taken her to a lot of the signatures on property and not had any issue with it. I will say that she is a pretty good kid when it comes to eating out.... (sits still, relatively quiet, etc.)

I did not love O'Hana. I was last there about a year ago. I was so excited to get a reservation there and then found it to be really disappointing. If you are from a city with good food, you will not be impressed. All the meat seemed very greasy and the dumplings were worse than what you would get at a cheap Chinese restaurant at home. I would try other restaurants first. If you just really want an excuse to go to the Polynesian Resort, go to get drinks or Dole Whip.

Absolutely the worst dining experience I've ever had at WDW was at Citricos. Tasteless food and horrible service. Not stuffy, but definitely snooty.

Best experience? Jiko

Steve

A good compromise may be doing breakfast at H&V. You still get the characters and breakfast is harder to mess up. We went for breakfast recently because my son loves handy Manny. It was good, I especially liked a warm apple crisp type thing they had with breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter