Dining reviews 12/23-12/28

newman7501

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I am going to try to keep everything short, but I can't promise you anything here it goes...

Sat 12/23 BOATRIGHTS
Had an 8pm ADR for Boatrights at POR, checked in at 7:45, got seated at 8. We were a party of 6 adults, 2 children and we are all on the DDP. The service was good, we all got an appetizer and we tried a wide range of things, I got the French onion soup and it was very good, lots of cheese, a ton of onions, my DH got the onion rings and enjoyed them and the dipping sauces and my bil got one of the salads and enjoyed that, my sis got the shrimp cocktail. For the main course my mom and I got the chicken, it was great, cooked perfectly, my dad and sis got the salmon, it was my sis's favorite meal of the week, my bil got jambalyia. Desert was good as well, I loved the pecan pie and everyone else enjoyed the apple pie. All in all it was a good meal.

Sun 12/24 LECELLIER WITH CANDLELIGHT PROCESSIONAL
Had a 2:30 ADR for LeCellier, got seated at 2:35, but the staff working the front played trivia with my DD9 and kept us entertained. My DH's dad is french canadian and no one ever pronounces our last name correctly, but they did here, we were excited. Anyway, it was the same party size as the night before. The pretzel bread was awesome, my DH enjoyed the multigrain. Most of us got the Cheese Soup, YUMMY, as our appetizer, but my dad got the smoked salmon and crab, I tried it and it was really good as well. For dinner half of us got the filet and half got sirlion and my sis got the stir fried beef. The steaks were perfect, the sauce on the sirlion was out of this world. We really enjoyed our main courses. Desert was excellent too. The kids also enjoyed there meals as well. This was by far my favorite meal as well as my mom's, my dad's and my DH's.

Mon 12/25 LIBERTY TREE TAVERN
Christmas dinner!
We had a 2:00 ADR at LTT, which was perfect because we always have Christmas dinner at home at that time too. When we checked in they told us they were running behind but we got seated right on time. I love the dressing on the salad, I could have filled up on that alone. The turkey and ham were good, the kids loved the mac and cheese and desert was great. While the food, atmosphere and service were good, it just never compares to a home cooked Christmas dinner.

Tues 12/26 O'HANAS
We had a 5:40 ADR at O'hanas. We were sitting and sitting and noticed that parties that checked in after us were being seated. At 6:10 I went up to the desk and asked how far they were running behind. She said, "For reservations?" I said yes, we had a 5:40, she asked my name and said oh yeah, you are in here for 5:40, she said she would go in and check for me. Next thing we know all the seaters are looking at the computer and and one of the chef's(I presume, he was wearing a white coat) was looking at the computer. They must have been having a glitch, 5 minutes later we were seated without an explanation. Again, I loved the dressing on the salad, the rest of the food was just ok, but we had alot of fun, the atmosphere was great. This was my DS6's favorite restaurant because our waiter brought him chicken tenders, french fries and mac and cheese as a subsitute for O'hana's food. Those are all his favorites. One word of advice, the mojitos are awful, up North they make them from scratch, so you can really taste the flavors and they are sweet, they use a mix at Disney and all you taste is the rum. I was adding sugar at the table to make it taste better.

Wed 12/27 MAMA MELROSE
We had a 3:30 ADR as part of the Fantasmic dinner package. They were running a little behind but the manager actually came and spoke to my DH and said it would only be another minute. The food was very good here as well. My DD had the four cheese pasta and said it was her favorite meal. My DH couldn't decide between the veal and the penne with vodka sauce, so the waiter said he was going to do something special for my husband and brought him the veal on top of the penne with vodka sauce. My DH was very excited. It was a good meal and the service was outstanding.

Thursday 12/28 DONALD'S BREAKFASTSAURUS
We had an 8am ADR, this time it was a party of 4 adults, 2 kids. The buffet was very good, we were the first party to eat off of it, so everything was very fresh and hot. We were also the first table to see the characters, they were Donald, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy. There is not much you can say about this place, other than we had a nice time and ate a hardy breakfast.

Thanks for the info about getting chicken, ff, and mac and cheese at Ohana. My DS will love that!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter