Dining reviews June 24-30/Flying Fish Cafe

SLM

DIS Veteran
I learned so much reading these boards before our trip I just wanted to share some of our experiences-I'd be glad to answer any questions! I'll start with our TS dinners.
Flying Fish Cafe
This was our favorite! The restaurant is very pretty, the service is excellent and the food is wonderful. We (my DH and I are empty-nesters!) both love seafood-I started with a roasted sweet corn soup (nice on a rainy Sunday evening) and my husband had a lobster salad. They were both excellent. I ordered the Alaskan salmon and my husband had the roasted halibut. The salmon came with spring peas and fingerling potatoes and the halibut with morel mushrooms and some spring vegtables-also a crushed potato dish. For dessert I chose the chocolate sampler-chocolate mousse, chocolate strudel and chocolate lemongrass tea-The tea was more like a warm chocolate sauce-I couldn't "drink" it. I was expecting a tea flavored with chocolate. I could only eat about half the mousse but it was delicious. I didn't even attempt the strudel! My husband said the lemon blueberry cake was very light. We both said when we come back to WDW we will definately return!
Just a note if you have little ones-we were seated right away but we spent nearly two hours dining-and the service was excellent-which is fine for us-it's too nice a restaurant to rush through the experience.

It sounds like you had a great dinner.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thank you for this review. DH and I have been thinking of trying Flying Fish this year. We just weren't sure if it would be worth the 2 TS credits necessary.

Another good review for The Flying Fish. We've made The Flying Fish a definite "must eat" for our next trip. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the great review. We dined at FF for the first time last December and really loved it. In fact I had my favorite meal there on that trip. It was The Potato Crusted Red Snapper. :)

We're "hooked" on FF, no pun intended. This is a "must do" every trip. We just had dinner here this past Wednesday night and it didn't disappointed. Great service, great food, great atmosphere!! LOVE IT! Glad you had a great experience! :thumbsup2

Flying Fish is one of those restaurants that we never seem to get to but always planned on. In December on business it will be a must do!

Thanks for posting. Even in this 95+ New England heat, that chocolate tea had me salivating! :goodvibes

--penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter