Dining Reviews Sep 2008 & Feb 2009 Update 8/13 - Complete!

Well, you inspired me. I just booked 5 nights at Pop Century over Thanksgiving. I talked my boss into letting me use his miles for free airfare. I am doing a craft yard sale this weekend and have a LOT of stuff to sell so I am hoping to make enough for a AP (if so I'll go back again in July) if not I should make enough for a MYW ticket. I was able to get ADRs at Boma's for Dinner and Les Chefs for Lunch.

Loved your report on CRT. That was nice of the man to take your pictures.

Wow, beautiful pictures. Can't wait to read and see the rest of your report!!!:thumbsup2

Another great installment! The pictures are great, nice to know somethings never change....LOL. I did the CRT the last time in 2004 and the food pics look just like I remember it.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us :yay:

Diane

Wow, beautiful pictures. Can't wait to read and see the rest of your report!!!:thumbsup2

I just had to cancel my trip planned for this December, so reading this is my way of living vicariously through you!

I love the pics. I'm hoping to go next October. What kind of camera did you use? Those pics are great! I might have to find a workshop or something to attend before even attempting to post my photos!!

Can't wait to read more.

CRT brekkie looks lovely, except the blueberry sauce getting on everything :scared: Us Brits don't eat sweet and savoury together like Americans do :confused:

It has been several years since we visited CRT and those photos remind me of how nice it was, thanks!

Looking forward to more reviews!!!!
More to come soon!

Well, you inspired me. I just booked 5 nights at Pop Century over Thanksgiving. I talked my boss into letting me use his miles for free airfare. I am doing a craft yard sale this weekend and have a LOT of stuff to sell so I am hoping to make enough for a AP (if so I'll go back again in July) if not I should make enough for a MYW ticket. I was able to get ADRs at Boma's for Dinner and Les Chefs for Lunch.

Loved your report on CRT. That was nice of the man to take your pictures.
That's great that you're going. I love Boma, and eat there almost every trip. I like Chefs de France too, and I almost made an ADR there, but decided on Tokyo Dining instead.

Thank you, I am quite happy with the way my pictures came out this time too.

Another great installment! The pictures are great, nice to know somethings never change....LOL. I did the CRT the last time in 2004 and the food pics look just like I remember it.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us :yay:

Diane
I ate at CRT for breakfast in 1999, but can't remember the food from then, but it could've been the same then too. But I was too excited about the princesses to eat anything then, LOL.

Subbing!!!:wizard:
Welcome.

I'm in! Can't wait for the next one.
Welcome to you as well.

Slenkey! So nice to see you on board!:thumbsup2
Is it bad that I have no idea who Slenkey is? No offense to Slenkey.

I just had to cancel my trip planned for this December, so reading this is my way of living vicariously through you!

I love the pics. I'm hoping to go next October. What kind of camera did you use? Those pics are great! I might have to find a workshop or something to attend before even attempting to post my photos!!

Can't wait to read more.
I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip, that's so sad, but hopefully you'll be able to go in October, that's a wonderful time to go with the Food and Wine Festival going on then.

I have a Cannon PowerShot, and this is actually the first trip I used it on, since my old camera broke last year. I am very pleased with the way the pictures came out. There is however a Japanese-made camera that has a food setting that I would be interested in just for that. I am very happy with my Cannon though.

Enjoying your report!
Glad to hear it.

So how much were all the tips for 30 sit-down restaurants!!!!?
A lot, LOL. I have all my receipts from my meals, but I haven't gone through and added it all up yet. I had budgeted $200 before my trip for tips, and I think it was about that. I'll be sure to include a grand total at the end of my reviews, including the cost of the meals, which I kept track of, even though they were already included on the plan.

CRT brekkie looks lovely, except the blueberry sauce getting on everything :scared: Us Brits don't eat sweet and savoury together like Americans do :confused:
If I ate at CRT for breakfast again I'd ask for the sauce on the side, just since it was getting on the eggs, and also the potatoes.

Great review of CRT breakfast, we loved it last year and will be back again in February.
It is a very good breakfast, quite pricey though. I'm glad I had the dining plan for it.

It has been several years since we visited CRT and those photos remind me of how nice it was, thanks!
It was a very nice meal, I'm glad my reviews gave you some nice sentimental memories.

I really had wanted to try and get the Crystal Palace lunch review up today, but I had work stuff to deal with. Guess that's to be expected after a two week vacation, but don't they know I have very important reviews to write. Isn't that more important? LOL.

I really had wanted to try and get the Crystal Palace lunch review up today, but I had work stuff to deal with. Guess that's to be expected after a two week vacation, but don't they know I have very important reviews to write. Isn't that more important? LOL.

:rotfl: Work is always second to Disney!

:rotfl: Work is always second to Disney!
Exactly!

What's really funny though is that I okayed this trip like back in March or April with my boss, my two nights before I was supposed to leave, they asked me if there was any way I could reschedule my trip. Apparently the look I gave them was enough for them to know that wasn't going to happen, LOL.

Exactly!

What's really funny though is that I okayed this trip like back in March or April with my boss, my two nights before I was supposed to leave, they asked me if there was any way I could reschedule my trip. Apparently the look I gave them was enough for them to know that wasn't going to happen, LOL.

:scared1: I would FREAK! I think my boss knows way better than to ask such silly questions. She can't wait for me to go so she doesn't have to hear about it anymore. :lmao: Little does she know there's another adventure in the works for May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter