Dinner With Imagineer-lunch With Artist? O.k., After 4 Cm's Now I'm Really Confused

MamaQuack

DIS Veteran
Visiting YC in Dec with ds(12). Usually visit in Feb, May & Oct but decided to splurge and have this our Christmas celebration. DS is very in to drawing and creating and writing. Thought lunch with illustrator or imagineer would be special gift - o.k., after 7 different calls and conversations with 5 different CM's (most who were trying really hard to help) I am still confused as to what is available and when????

Deb's site says lunch with artist only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Several CM's said Monday and Friday Lunch or Dinner (dinner is more but includes wine pairings @ $99.99). Two CM's said 90 days out but my December days were taken, other CM's said call back in November. One CM said you take what is available - have no choice - others said no.

So, I am a confused Mama Quack and would love input from my faithful, knowledgeable boards.

thanks a bunch:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

MamaQuake:
I was contacted by YC concierge, Tuesday's and Thursday at 11:30 are the choice's for lunch with a Artist. $60.99 per person and can be booked 30 day's out. Susan

Poohs Pal,

Thank you Susan. This helps so much. Did they say anything about Imagineers? I will take whatever we can get and be grateful. If we are fortunate enough to get a lunch I know he will be thrilled. Thank you.

Mama Quack
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Both meals are 30 day PS events. I have not heard what days the Imagineer meals are being booked yet.

MamaQuake:
I only inquired about the Artist, this is a surprise for my sister. We hope to be doing this early December. I do believe the imagineers are on opposite days and can also be booked for dinner. Not sure what days. Susan

Poohs Pal,

Susan, thank you so much for following up with me. I am going to try again at our first 30 day mark and see what I can get.

We both hope your sister has a wonderful birthday!!!!!! She is so lucky to have you!!!

Mama Quack
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

On the week of our stay Lunch is only available for Thursday or Friday. We booked Thursday.

April in Disney -

What are the dates of your stay??? Now it is beginning to sound like the lunches change often or am I just totally confused??

Thanks!

We are staying Oct 31 through Nov 9th. I was a confused about this as you are MamaQuake. I do believe the CM have really no idea in regard to this event and that is why there are so much confusion around. I have made about 12 phone calls before I was able to book this event. Disney event planning even had to get involved before I could have booked it. I have had CM'S telling me the event is only for dinner.(still could not book it for me!!!) Another CM saying it is only for Tues and Fri and still not been able to book it for me. Many of the CM'S I spoken to said the event was not available for the week of my stay.(I guess they were not looking hard enough.) There was one CM who after putting me on hold for 40 minutes finally put my call through Disney Event. They had all the information but still could not book it for me; They took my home number, cell number,... to call me back( they never did.) Last week I called in to change one of my PS time, The CM was very knowledgeable. She even corrected my last name( not that difficult) for most of my PS'S. I asked her to just check and see if anything was available for the week of my stay for this event sure enough she asked me if I prefer Thursday or Friday since they are the only one showing for that week. I said thursday. She took my CC info and everything was all set. This goes to show you not to give up. Start calling 30 days ahead until you get what you want.

I booked lunch with an artist. Most of the CMs have not booked this before and have to switch between screens to get the information. My daughter (the family artist) and I have lunch on Thursday this week, booked at the 30 day mark. I'm going to try to book a Lunch with Imagineer for my brother as a Christmas present, and expect I'll be giving the CMs info. The days for the lunches seem to change with each month. That may be why Deb Wills site has conflicting info.

April in Disney and dgaston,

Thank you both so much for responding. For the rest of us out here hanging and wondering will you please post reviews and thoughts when you return - you lucky dogs!!!!!!! I am
encouraged by your information and will definitely keep trying. It is so nice to come to the Boards and find out I am not crazy and it isn't just me. And, once again, I am reminded how lucky I am to have these Boards. Thanks to all of you who continually try to help.

I truly hope in late December I will be posting a lunch or dinner review about our time with an Imagineer or Artist.

For now, have fun, make magic and let us read about it.

Mama Quack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter