Dinner with toddlers just before the Halloween party?

SailAwayNurse

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! It’s our first vacation with our 3 and 4 year olds and I need some advice! We are going on the Disney Wish on Oct 28th, so we are going to the Magic Kingdom on the 27th. That night is a Halloween party night, but the kids still go to sleep so early that I didn’t get the party tickets because we wouldn’t get much use from them. Instead I have a regular day ticket. We are gonna take it slow and just try to do little kid rides and we are eating a late lunch at Cinderella’s castle at 2:30. I just saw a Liberty Tree tavern reservation for 6:45pm and took it. That’s 15 minutes before the party starts. We have to eat somewhere and I think the kids will love the food there. If we finish our meal about 7:30, will be be able to just slowly stroll down main street and out of the park? I love the party atmosphere (I’ve been like 5 times in the past with my parents) and that would be fun for the kids to see, even if we can’t ride rides or trick or treat. Or will they try to run us out super fast or make us take a back way out of the park? Has anyone had a reservation that close to a party and not had the party tickets? Also, if the kids had an epic melt down/got sick later in the day, would we be able to call dining and cancel the reservation with the cancellation fee waived, or would they charge us regardless?

I hate to be a downer but I’m not sure you will even be allowed to stay in the park until 6:45 as the park officially closes to day guests at 6:00. At 6:00 the CMs begin to sweep the park of non-party guests and gently guide them towards the exits.

There is a possibility you will be asked to leave the park prior to your reservation time as it was booked for a time that day guests are no longer supposed to be in the park.

IF you are allowed to stay, I believe you will be guided out, most likely not via Main Street as the party will be in full swing by then and meant for guests who have purchased this event ticket. While I understand your desire, I don’t feel it’s fair for day guests to dawdle, especially 90 mins after their park hours ended.

I have heard of day guests overlapping party time a bit when their ADR started just before park hours ended, but not after official park hours, especially 45 mins after.

For your other question, if you keep your ADR and cancel within the 24 hour mark, I would be fully prepared to pay the cancellation fee. You may get a break but you may not. You may also have to pay the fee if you’re unable to attend as you’re no longer in the park due to official park hours.

I wonder why they are offering the ADR then? I was honestly surprised also, but it’s not listed as a party ADR - they are listed separately under a different heading and I can see Be Our Guest as having a time then. Tony’s also has a 6:40 time that day.

I just looked at the schedule and you are correct - I had assumed it closed at 7 because that’s when the party starts, but it does close at 6. 😬If it was just me and hubby we would keep it, but with the kids I’m gonna play it safe and just go to Boma. Thanks for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter