dinning plan questions

daddyof2

Mouseketeer
I'm planning to go in early dec. or jan-feb. possibly late sept. in the value season

me,dw,dd 5, ds who will be 3 in July

first budget is a concern(but don’t want to be cheap or worried about how much we spend the whole time)

also meal plan good - bad ? figured we would get it just for the simple point food is paid for thus less cash we must carry
DW heard you could use dinner plan to eat with characters
(breakfast w/Cinderella for DD)
also heard you could trade 2 meals for a dinner and a show (is it worth it? how much dose it cost with out it)

the price we got from AAA was 2800 for air,5nites,5tickets (basic no hop no nothing figure our first time would be one full day at each park and the one day to play around in hotel pool and stuff but extra day ticket is 10 bucks so ..) and food price was estimated in sept. value season then we figured about 1,000 spending money for souvenirs and what ever (too much not enough?

thanks in advance

First: You'll pay $98 per night, so less than $500 total. It won't be all of your food costs (you'll still need to pay for breakfast and extra snacks beyond the one you get included), but you can keep the remaining food expenses very small if you choose to.

Second: It may or may not be a good value, depending on how well it fits your needs.

Third: You can definitely use the credits for character meals.

I hope this helps!

Even when we received the dining plan for FREE (last Aug- early Oct promotion) we found it a good deal for our family. We were able to manipulate the plan to suit us and we found it was alot of food but great to be abble to go to places we would not normally eat in and add on extra character meals.

As an example we got breakfast for our girls (4, 7) and that counted as 1 counter service (CS) meal each. Included in a CS meal is a dessert so at the hotel food court we also got 2 muffins. Coffee and tea are in the room so hubby and I had breakfast (muffins) and so did the girls on only 2 credits.

At lunch we would use 2 or 3 credits for lunch items that we could all split. We were able to get all adult portions then split one between the girls. This way we ended up being able to get almost all our breakfast and lunch covered by the plan. Snacks could be a bottle of water, a piece or fruit, popcorn or bag or chips or mickey ice cream. We found this helpful too. The table service meals were all very good and the biggest bonus was that they include the character dining.

We usually eat this way on our other trips. One Table service or "big" meal a day so we find that this plan works for us and is well worth the money at $100/day.

When we went with friends in April (their first time) I think they spent $1200 on food and souvenirs for 8 days 7 nights. We can go a few 100 $ cheaper b/c we've been before and do not need to buy as many souvenEARS :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter