Direct Purchase Question

patm95

Mouseketeer
So my question is this. If I were to buy a Riviera direct contract this year in say October and selected a March use year, would I still get 2024 points? Or would I have to wait until March 2025 to get my points?

Thank you!

You always get current year's points, unless a brand new resort just opened and it's at the end of your use year (if the points didn't exist at your last use year turnover basically) or something weird.

RIV has been open for a while, so you would get 2024 points when you purchase and then get 2025 points in March

You always get current year's points, unless a brand new resort just opened and it's at the end of your use year (if the points didn't exist at your last use year turnover basically) or something weird.

RIV has been open for a while, so you would get 2024 points when you purchase and then get 2025 points in March
Sweet. Thank you! Would we have to pay maintenance fees for 2024?

If you buy in October you would pay just the last 2-3 months of 2024 dues, but get full 2024 points. That's why some members say they get "double points" when they buy towards the end of the year, but before their next use year starts

If you buy in October you would pay just the last 2-3 months of 2024 dues, but get full 2024 points. That's why some members say they get "double points" when they buy towards the end of the year, but before their next use year starts
That's exactly what I was thinking. We wouldn't go again until 2025, so we'd be able to use double pts!

That's exactly what I was thinking. We wouldn't go again until 2025, so we'd be able to use double pts!
Yes, you would! And you’d use them to stay longer than you planned when deciding how many points to buy, or to stay in a larger villa than you planned, or to stay in a more expensive DVC resort - and THAT’S how addonitis starts! :cutie:

Yes, you would! And you’d use them to stay longer than you planned when deciding how many points to buy, or to stay in a larger villa than you planned, or to stay in a more expensive DVC resort - and THAT’S how addonitis starts! :cutie:
Oh I already have addonitis. My first ever contract (resale) just got activated on my dvc account 3 days ago 😂😆

Does anyone know if the prorated dues are based on the initial purchase date or when you make the final payment if you do a cash purchasespread out over 90 days?

So my question is this. If I were to buy a Riviera direct contract this year in say October and selected a March use year, would I still get 2024 points? Or would I have to wait until March 2025 to get my points?

Thank you!
Yes, you would still get 2024 points, but you wouldn't get 2023 points.
I bought in at 3 different resorts before I even had any points in mine lol
Same 🤣🤣

So if I have March use year I could wait as late as February 25 and get 2024 and 2025 points??
So I think there is a cutoff according to my guide if you wanted to take advantage of Magical Beginnings. Example - I have a June UY and just purchased Riviera direct. My guide said it would have be in the system about 10 days before EOM so that I could get 2023 points. Maybe that was just a sales tactic but not sure it would have made much a difference to them if I bought last week or this week 🤷‍♀️

Maybe someone else can confirm.

*EDIT: Sandisw beat me to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter