Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Just wanted to vent.... I work with 7 other people who cross cover each other. I thought that this was ridiculous but I happened to mention to our scheduling secretary that I had this cruise next March and did she think that I was being overly cautious wondering if I should officially put the paperwork in already to request the time off. One other person already had that time blocked :scared1: because they have kids and it is Easter week so since we can only have 2 out at a time we processed my paperwork yesterday. This is just something to keep in mind, especially for those of you like me who have adult kids and don't pay attention to this.

Retirement can't come fast enough
Chris

I feel your pain especially being in the same field. I hope it works out for you. And luckily where I work In San Diego has a very good scheduler and he is one of my friends. But I'm sure he will be a little bit shocked when I put in easter as a vacation request

You can begin board the ship at 11:00am. Access to your stateroom is allowed according to the category you booked. You can see that info here:

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-sky.html

It's toward the bottom of the page.

I have not been on a Viking Ocean cruise yet, so I'm guessing at the time of the muster drill. I'm guessing 4:30 or 5...but again, thats a guess.

We did a muster drill on the Viking river cruise and it was a useless mess. No one counted or even asked who you were. No one checked to see if everyone attended. Some people from our group were standing on shore waving at us.

i would assume that because of the type of cruise (ocean), that this will be a more standard muster drill.

Thank you. I've never been on a cruise that departed the first port so late (Viking says 11pm departure). Wondering how the first day would be handled. Guess more info will be forthcoming.

You all seem to be a well-set group...I hope you don't mind be joining. Eight of us are booking this week - I'm so looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter