• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

What time is Happily Ever After?

It was so lovely to come back to our room and find that it had been beautifully made up by Mousekeeping. What a treat it is to have this service back! We were both ready to stretch out and relax. It was so warm and lovely out that I even contemplated going to the pool but I was too comfy to move. We chatted about where to go for dinner before heading to Magic Kingdom and decided upon Three Bridges Bar and Grill. The wait list was about 45 minutes so we put our names on the list and continued to enjoy relaxing in our clean, fresh room.

Arriving at Three Bridges we had about 10 minutes to wait before being taken to a lovely table along the waterside. We had a stunning resort view...Coronado really shines at night. :)

EBE15E24-AE44-49B7-9F1E-D0B85C0C91A6.jpeg

Three Bridges has a great selection of mocktails and we both went for this option. I chose the Berry-Mint Smash (Strawberry, Blackberry, Lime, Mint, Soda Water) which was refreshing and delicious.
IMG_4467.jpeg

We decided upon sharing the corn dip to start (Roasted Corn Dip
Roasted Corn, Smoked Tomato-“Aïoli”, “Parmesan”, Tajín, Tortilla Chips). This was really good but a big serving we didn't come close to finishing.
IMG_4468.jpeg

Salads were in order and we had the same choice, the super yummy Villa de Lago wedge salad (Chorizo, Marinated Tomatoes, Avocado, Blue Cheese, Avocado-Buttermilk Dressing). This was awesome...so fresh and crisp.
IMG_4469.jpeg

Now here is the start of our drama.... We ordered a Lyft to head to MK upon finishing our meal and the app said we could pick it up near the convention centre. So we walked and walked and walked but could not figure out where the pick up area was. The Lyft app was buzzing with notifications from our driver that she was not allowed into the main resort and was in the front lobby area. Yikes! Time was ticking and we had to hustle to get there. Now remember I am typically a summer visitor and am used to HEA being at 9 pm. So I thought we had lots of time! But..... it's December and that's not the case. It was at 8 pm!!! So by the time we made it to the TTC and on the monorail, it was starting. We were so disappoointed!!!

Magic Kingdom was jam packed and we were feeling a little overwhelmed by the crowds. We ducked through the Emporium to beat some of the crowds on Main Street as we had an ILL for Peter Pan. Thank goodness for Caroline's beautiful blond hair as I could keep track of her in the crowds that way. We both felt as though we were fish swimming upstream!!

Caroline had grabbed other ILLs for Winnie the Pooh and Buzz so we had those to look forward to. It's always fun bouncing through the Hundred Acre Woods. Unfortunately Caroline's blaster on Buzz was broken which put a huge damper on the ride experience. By this time, we were just done!

253D4888-CAF0-4070-BD9A-ED806FBDEA60.jpeg

So we made our way out of the park and back to the resort. Luckily we remembered that you can stream HEA on the resort TV so we got ready and enjoyed watching fireworks from the comfort of our beds,

We had an early morning the next day at Studios. Would it be perfect or another mishap? That's next!

Last edited:
Arriving at Three Bridges we had about 10 minutes to wait before being taken to a lovely table along the waterside. We had a stunning resort view...Coronado really shines at night. :)

EBE15E24-AE44-49B7-9F1E-D0B85C0C91A6.jpeg

Beautiful photo and view! Your light dinner sounds perfect. I need to remember to get more salads.

Now remember I am typically a summer visitor and am used to HEA being at 9 pm. So I thought we had lots of time! But..... it's December and that's not the case. It was at 8 pm!!! So by the time we made it to the TTC and on the monorail, it was starting. We were so disappoointed!!!

I'm so sorry you missed it! You did have some really good rides lined up and catching the stream in the comfort of your room was a good call.

Dinner sounds delicious, and it looks like you had a lovely view.

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the HEA misshap. I probably would have made that same mistake, because I'm used to summer hours, as well.
Trying to go into a park when everyone else is leaving is so difficult! Definitely makes for a hectic evening.

Reading your TR is getting me so excited to stay at CSR!!! We booked a tower room, I’ve never even been to this resort before! Jake and I are hopefully planning to hit up both 3 Bridges and Dahlia Lounge during our 3-night stay!! Your food looked delicious and the ambience amazing :)

Beautiful photo and view! Your light dinner sounds perfect. I need to remember to get more salads.
Caroline took that lovely photo. I love the way she captured the light on the water. We were happy with our table, food and service at Three Bridges. I love it there. :)
I'm so sorry you missed it! You did have some really good rides lined up and catching the stream in the comfort of your room was a good call.
I felt so sad to have missed it but I know there is always another time.
Dinner sounds delicious, and it looks like you had a lovely view.
Dinner was so good. We were still in the light meal/no alcohol stage after our shenanigans the evening before.
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the HEA misshap. I probably would have made that same mistake, because I'm used to summer hours, as well.
I was so annoyed with myself!! What a rookie mistake to have made.
Trying to go into a park when everyone else is leaving is so difficult! Definitely makes for a hectic evening.
The crowds were bananas! we coudn't get over how many people were in the park that night!

Reading your TR is getting me so excited to stay at CSR!!! We booked a tower room, I’ve never even been to this resort before! Jake and I are hopefully planning to hit up both 3 Bridges and Dahlia Lounge during our 3-night stay!! Your food looked delicious and the ambience amazing :)
Oh my gosh, you will love CSR!! Honestly it feels more deluxe to me than some of the deluxe resorts do! Dahlia and Three Bridges are both terrific. The Barcelona lounge downstairs is great too....it's a coffee bar in the morning and cocktails at night. You are going to have so much fun!

Your meal at Three Bridges looks excellent and you can't beat that view! Sorry you missed HEA. It looks like Gran Destino was red, white, and blue? It was red and green when we were there.

It was so lovely to come back to our room and find that it had been beautifully made up by Mousekeeping. What a treat it is to have this service back!
Is it back to daily service?
We had a stunning resort view...Coronado really shines at night. :)
wow! What a view!!
Three Bridges has a great selection of mocktails
:laughing: not quite feeling like alcohol yet?
Now here is the start of our drama.... We ordered a Lyft to head to MK upon finishing our meal and the app said we could pick it up near the convention centre. So we walked and walked and walked but could not figure out where the pick up area was. The Lyft app was buzzing with notifications from our driver that she was not allowed into the main resort and was in the front lobby area. Yikes!
:scared:
So I thought we had lots of time! But..... it's December and that's not the case. It was at 8 pm!!! So by the time we made it to the TTC and on the monorail, it was starting. We were so disappoointed!!!
Oh no!
Thank goodness for Caroline's beautiful blond hair as I could keep track of her in the crowds that way.
:goodvibes
We both felt as though we were fish swimming upstream!!
Good analogy
Unfortunately Caroline's blaster on Buzz was broken which put a huge damper on the ride experience.
Bummer. Maybe if you’d mentioned it you could’ve gotten on again with no wait?
Luckily we remembered that you can stream HEA on the resort TV
Didn’t know this was possible
enjoyed watching fireworks from the comfort of our beds,
This should be the only way to watch… while in the parks.

Arriving at Three Bridges we had about 10 minutes to wait before being taken to a lovely table along the waterside. We had a stunning resort view...Coronado really shines at night.
Three Bridges loks like a great place for dinner. But it always seems so busy.

How are the park buses? I've heard a lot of good things about Destino Tower.
Magic Kingdom was jam packed and we were feeling a little overwhelmed by the crowds.
I hate how the Christmas parties make the non-party nights super-crowded. The only good thing is that party days tend to have very low crowds in the mornings.

Hi Everyone!

I am back from Florida. We had a wonderful trip! I will write a report soon and let you know when I start it!

I agree with Susan and loved our dinner at Three Bridges. The atmosphere here is perfect! The water and Gran Destino Tower all lit up! I loved it.

I must have been tired this evening because I didn’t get any additional pictures.

MK was crazy busy when we arrived and the fireworks were pretty much over.
1707357184861.gif

Does anyone remember the CM parade and crowd control teams in the years past? This was the biggest cluster I have seen at MK! The CMs had no control over the crowds. It was actually scary. The nurse in me and the teacher in Susan started thinking “what if there was an emergency 🆘 it would be terrifying! People would be trampled!
1707357349516.gif
Once we made through that chaos, it was fun to ride a few more favorites before heading back to the resort!

I can’t believe, I didn’t know we could stream HEA on the TV! This was amazing! I could see all the projections up close, I loved it!
1707357439682.gif
Once HEA was over, we both were out for the count!

1707357590134.gif

I had a great nights sleep!💤

Stay tuned for a wonderful morning in DHS. A dream of mine came true! ❤️❤️

Your meal at Three Bridges looks excellent and you can't beat that view! Sorry you missed HEA. It looks like Gran Destino was red, white, and blue? It was red and green when we were there.
You can't beat that table. It would be even better on a warm summer evening.
Is it back to daily service?
Not yet for the moderates. We had service every other day.
wow! What a view!!
So beautiful! :cloud9:
:laughing: not quite feeling like alcohol yet?
Nope! In fact I am a total break right now. Had my last drink January 8th and will not have one until March 8th. It feels good to reset.
This should be the only way to watch… while in the parks.
How much would Disney charge for that???
Well, all of that will put a damper on the evening. I'm so glad that Three Bridges was good. Thinking about popping over there in April.
You will love Three Bridges!
Three Bridges loks like a great place for dinner. But it always seems so busy.
It's really great. I would even call it the new Geyser Point. It has the same vibe.
How are the park buses? I've heard a lot of good things about Destino Tower.
We mostly used Lyft when we were there but the few times we used the buses we had no issues.
I hate how the Christmas parties make the non-party nights super-crowded. The only good thing is that party days tend to have very low crowds in the mornings.
I love the quiet party mornings!

Hi Everyone!

I am back from Florida. We had a wonderful trip! I will write a report soon and let you know when I start it!
So glad you and Andi had a wonderful trip! Although I admit to being jealous you got to go again so soon!
Does anyone remember the CM parade and crowd control teams in the years past? This was the biggest cluster I have seen at MK! The CMs had no control over the crowds. It was actually scary. The nurse in me and the teacher in Susan started thinking “what if there was an emergency 🆘 it would be terrifying! People would be trampled!
It was pretty scary. I totally agree that there could have been big issues in an emergency.
Stay tuned for a wonderful morning in DHS. A dream of mine came true! ❤️❤️
This was so special! :goodvibes

Not yet for the moderates. We had service every other day.
An improvement on once every 3 days.
Nope! In fact I am a total break right now. Had my last drink January 8th and will not have one until March 8th. It feels good to reset.
You're de-pickling yourself!
How much would Disney charge for that???
Oh, nothing I'm sure. Disney loves to provide free perks, ya know.

<cough, cough>

It was so lovely to come back to our room and find that it had been beautifully made up by Mousekeeping. What a treat it is to have this service back!

I've been staying with DVC for so long, I've gotten to the point that I feel like when the people come in to clean, they're invading my space. I suppose as I start to stay in more hotels I'll get over that feeling.

We decided upon sharing the corn dip to start (Roasted Corn Dip
Roasted Corn, Smoked Tomato-“Aïoli”, “Parmesan”, Tajín, Tortilla Chips). This was really good but a big serving we didn't come close to finishing.

I've never heard of Corn Dip. Sounds interesting.

Time was ticking and we had to hustle to get there. Now remember I am typically a summer visitor and am used to HEA being at 9 pm. So I thought we had lots of time! But..... it's December and that's not the case. It was at 8 pm!!! So by the time we made it to the TTC and on the monorail, it was starting. We were so disappoointed!

Ugh. That stinks.

Unfortunately Caroline's blaster on Buzz was broken which put a huge damper on the ride experience. By this time, we were just done!

I hate when stuff doesnt work properly. I've had that happen recently on both TSMM and Webslingers.

Luckily we remembered that you can stream HEA on the resort TV so we got ready and enjoyed watching fireworks from the comfort of our beds,

No way! I'm going to remember that!

Welcome Home!

That's crazy. I wonder why they aren't properly trained.

So I'll let you ladies know that based on this TR, Jill and I have booked a trip next December. She recently began Full time "Work from Home" so starting 12/10/24 we will be staying at Kidani. She'll fly in after work and spend the next three days working from the room. We will have evenings for dining and merriment. Then we move to Bay Lake Tower and have three full days to tour. She's taking Mon & Tues off, and we will fly home Tuesday 12/17/24. Thanks for the inspiration!

So I'll let you ladies know that based on this TR, Jill and I have booked a trip next December. She recently began Full time "Work from Home" so starting 12/10/24 we will be staying at Kidani. She'll fly in after work and spend the next three days working from the room. We will have evenings for dining and merriment. Then we move to Bay Lake Tower and have three full days to tour. She's taking Mon & Tues off, and we will fly home Tuesday 12/17/24. Thanks for the inspiration!
That is wonderful! Susan and I are thinking about going back this December as well. I’m not sure of dates or if it will happen but it would be awesome to have a meet up and a drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter