• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS MAG photos from 2/8/03 Magic!

OKWMEMBER

Growin' Older but Not Up! Legend in his own mind.
Anybody get their pictures back from our MAG (Meet and Greet)?
Like a dummy I forgot my camera so I have to depend on one of you wonderful people to bail me out!!!:rolleyes:

I got some of my pictures back and will be posting them soon. If you are looking for some particular pictures, let me know and I will e-mail them to you. I have a couple from Off-Beat with Jeff and Fidelio, for example, and the 12 Metre Regatta.

Hope to here from you soon!

Added 2/26/03. Got some! Check later posts in this thread to see MAG pictures!

Gary, I got 'em!!!

I picked them up yesterday and they look good. I will snail mail them to you tonight as my scanner is on the blink. I also got one of Nick tellin a joke at Dueling Pianos that I can send onto you.

Your snail mail address is on the card, right?

Still buried in snow....
Hi to Gail!
Renee

Yep, it's on the card! I'll post my photos soon!

Gary,
I have a few also that came out great. I'll see what I can do to send them to ya. I cannot access this site via AOL....I have to go through Internet Explorer. All systems are on the blink. Is Annie and Randy back yet?

Gary and Gail-

I mailed them out to you last night...Johnstown to Erie should take just a little longer than mail from Castaway Cay LOL! Feel free to post and share them!
Renee

I just got this photo in an e-mail from Laura!:teeth:

maggroup.jpg

From left to right, Renee and son, Annie,Randy and Jaclyn, Gary and Gail,Wayne and Laura, Tim and Chrissy, and Patty.

What a crew!!! We had a blast!:bounce:

Gary...glad you received it. Don't we look GREAT! We were missing Andi and Dakota at the time.
SO come on....cough up a date for the western cruise. We are waiting with baited breath. Please say it will be March??? you guys want warmer weather also don't you?? CC was just a bit chilly...and that wind.

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! We're celebrities!!! My pics are very similar and on the way. That's Nick with the reflection Buzz Lightyear jacket.

I miss the ship sooooooo much! This snow is really bringing me down!

Hope everyone else is warmer (Chrissy, I know you are...)

All the best-
Renee

Renee
I haven't been out of the house since returning home from the cruise. (caught a bad bug upon returning home).
I just may never be out again until spring!!
We dodged the snowstorm of the day...but south Jersey is really getting dumped on.
Oh those tropical breezes and sunshine seem so long ago.;)
I wanted to ask if your Son and also I'll ask Ann if Jaclyn enjoyed the cruise? I know there is so much to do on board for them. I think we adults were happy to just club hop from Rockn' Bar D to Off Beat. Gary sure is the leader of the band!!!

I do what I have to do! I have group picture from Renee (THANKS!!!) that I will post tonight. We had an ice storm here last night that turned our roads into skating rinks! Will this winter ever end? :(

I WANT MY MAGIC BACK!!!

There! Now I feel better!

Also, somebody has pictures with part of the group with ANDICOCO. Was it you, Patty? Please let me know so we can share them.

Take care, everybody, and stay warm! Spring will be here someday!!! ;)

Glad to hear you got my pics!

The weirdest thing happened this morning. I had used a plug in air freshener while on the Magic. Yesterday, I put the same scent freshener in my bedroom. When I work up, I realized I was dreaming about waking up in our stateroom!!! I think it was the fragrance that brought out the memory.

Imagine how depressed I was to go outside to ZERO DEGREES (that's -15 wind chill) and get poor Nick on the bus...his nose was frosty!

I too want my Magic back!!!

We ALL had such a good time. Nick has asked DAILY to go back. Alicia is now in LOVE with Cinderella. Sam and I are debating about a cruise next year vs. a big family gathering at OKW....maybe spring break at Hilton Head too. I love DVC...oooooh the possibilities!

Did you see my cool tag? I had WAY too many smoothies on the cruise!

Renee

I've been home way too long.......I've been researching the western cruise for next season during this unscheduled time off. Notes upon notes and websites and rates.......they vary quite a bit.
For us DVCer's the points are ridiculous. The 2004 chart is not out yet, but was told to expect a little higher than this years. (of course).
I'm thinking March 13th just may be the magical date.
IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE CONSIDERING NEXT SEASON YET? I know Ann and Randy are booked...:)

Laura-

I see that you took the plunge and booked! That cabin fever really took it's toll....Hope you're feeling better!

Renee

Hi Everyone - Hope your March isn't starting out as cold as ours is... -25. I wish I was back on the Magic. We re-booked on board for January 31st Western and are thinking of booking the February 7th Eastern as well.. It's currently being held for us by DU... I wish we could all go again at the same time. It was soooo fun with all of you!!!! Laura, you were asking about Jaclyn and if she had fun... I forgot to tell you the story of when she went to get Cinderella's autograph... she said to Cinderella "I don't know if you remember but I danced with you on my 3rd birthday at Disney World in the parade" and Cinderella, without even blinking an eye, said "I knew you looked familiar. I do remember dancing with you". (and went on to talk to her for a couple of minutes...). I think that was one of the most MAGICal moments for us...

Ann,
What a wonderful moment for Jaclyn with Cinderella. It will be with her the rest of her life. My daughter was 3 at the time of a visit to the MK. She could not wait to meet GOOFY. We saw him at the train station....opposite end from where we stood. Sabrina was yelling GOOFY..GOOFY. He heard her and started to literally run towards her. Well, when she saw how *BIG* he was...she took off running away from him. It was a priceless moment. We still laugh about it 20 yrs. later.
So, yes....Wayne and I are booked on the 3/13 cruise. I have wanted to see The Cayman Isles for many years. Wish we were all able to cruise together again. Friends make special times even more special. Only 375 days to go.:eek:

Annie and Laura,

I also thought "our" Cinderella was very sweet (and gorgeous). While Alicia(2) was very brave with all of the characters, she was in so much awe of Cinderella that she started to cry when it was her turn to take a picture. Cinderella suggested that we take a picture with Mommy too, and Ali stopped crying right away! After we took our turn, Alicia told everyone she saw in the crowded lobby for the next 15 minutes, "There's Cinderella! She's a PRINCESS!! She's RIGHT THERE!!!" I think she's now a BIG Cindy fan!

Renee,
Oh, to be a child again. The innocence and awe in their eyes is just amazing. I have been called a *dork* at times when I get over anxious about our trips, but from the view point of a child, there is nothing more special than that. I absolutely loved seeing the little princesses dressed in their princess outfits the semi-formal night of the cruise. Little debutants. The world would be a happier place if we all could just see it from the eyes of a child. I have always asked....why do children have to grow up? It is the best time of their lives. Speaking of children...I am such a baby.
I happened to be watching Animal Planet yesterday and the show was about Seaworld and the birth of their Orca whale Kalina's calf. It sure brought tears to my eyes. I need to get back into the real world!;)

Laura-

Ok, here's the big question...did you cry as you were leaving the ship? We were among the first in the lobby to disembark and when they rolled out the goodbye banner (I even forgot what it said) I started to cry! Sam looked at me, and just shook his head. I'm the biggest sap I know!

Hey, it's RAINING here today (used my Mickey umbrella!) That means it's ABOVE FREEZING!!!!!!!! YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Renee

Renee,
I absolutely cry...and I don't take my eyes off the ship leaving the port on the bus until it is out of sight. It really sets in that reality is just around the corner when we watch the show Disney Dreams. What a great show. The friends we brought with us were so impressed, they can't stop thanking us.
I had this crazy thought for second.....just may be the next cruise we will try RCCL and then I envisioned myself in port on one of the islands looking from the RCCL ship over to The Magic and just knowing I would be wishing we were on The Magic. I would miss the Mickey whistle........ needless to say,that thought quickly went away!
We have the same weather........will the sun ever come out? I'm hoping to get back to work on Monday....any chance of a heat wave??;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter