Dis Network of rivers???

NJ Mike

Loved by some, hated by others, a little strange t
Ok, so i have to give the credit for this idea to my kids.

But after seeing how the rivers worked, and i guess remembering the kids network, they both asked me:

"dad, if people on the dis all build smaller rivers, can they ever be combined into a big giant dis river ride?"

umm, i dont know. But i thought i sounded pretty cool. Think of how many people are on the dis who may be building their own ride. If the end of their ride lead to the start of the next person and so on, it could be pretty cool, and pretty big no?

Then all you would need to do is as new people come along, insert them at the end of the line and have their "end teleporter" link to the beginning again.

It's just that whoever is currently the last person, would have to trade the end teleporter to the new last person, so that the ride would loop back to the beginning of all the dis peeps.

Any of this make sense? I had about 3 hrs sleep, so it sort of makes sense to me.

the only thing i am not sure of is if the person who owns a portion of the ride has to be online for that part to work? i have not tried linking my kids and mine together to see if i can zip through their rivers when they are offline or not. Anyone know if that is possible?

Anyway, not volunteering to head this project, uh uh, not me lol.

Just throwing the idea at the wall to see what sticks lol.

;)

I think this could work.

I am almost done my ride (3 rooms), and it was to dump people out at an exit, but could easily have a teleporter added at the beginning and end. The only bad thing would be that if there is a line up for the room (where normal people start), the ride would have a wait to get in. The rides move fairly fast though, so I don't see this being a big problem.

Later today, I would be happy to hook anyone in to the beginning and end of my ride.

Mgift2.gif

Sounds great, my wife has been trying to get my daughter in but hasn't yet. I think this would be cool. The only question is if the friends button is checked will it let them ride thru or not? Or do they all have to be freinds as well.

to see if i can zip through their rivers when they are offline or not. Anyone know if that is possible?

I went through one last night Mike that did work when the owner of one of the 4 rooms was off line. So it would work, unless they change something it works now.

How cool is it that we can build and ride rides now. :cool1:

Adventuredaz said:
Sounds great, my wife has been trying to get my daughter in but hasn't yet. I think this would be cool. The only question is if the friends button is checked will it let them ride thru or not? Or do they all have to be freinds as well.

I would guess that if the friends button is checked, you can't get into the room any way (not teleporters or river, etc.). It probably spits you to the map screen. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

My guess is that for this to work, the friends button cannot be checked.

I can confirm this, at least for teleporters.

If a room is listed as for friends only, you can NOT use a teleporter to enter the room, if you are not a friend. It pops up with a message that access is restricted, and you don't go through the teleporter.

Will probably be true for river teleporters as well.

blizzard said:
I would guess that if the friends button is checked, you can't get into the room any way (not teleporters or river, etc.). It probably spits you to the map screen. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

My guess is that for this to work, the friends button cannot be checked.

LOL, my thought had been to connect just the DIS teleporter lobbies with a few river pieces, and call it the Parking Lot Tram. To minimize the expense, you'd probably just want to use maybe 2 segments of river, 1 segment of river "entrace", with a teleporter on each end. Then you could step on or off of the Tram from any lobby.

Another use for this might be to tour the Holiday Rooms. Step on board, and see all the holiday rooms!

I've just started building my 'river room' ...
But, I am in!!
:wave2:

Great minds think alike, Mike.

Apparently I'm on a level with your kids, as I thought this same thing last night. :rotfl:

I'm in too!

Blizzard, as long as every ride has a shallow entry point, I think you should be able to get on in any room and ride the complete circuit, and go through again if you wanted to as I think the idea is to make it one big loop. This way there shouldn't be a line or wait at any starting point.

ill join, i love ther river thing i would sit in it all day,lol. i did win a river piece yesterday! yeah! a win finally. :cheer2:

Okay, here is where your kids got it Mike, and a few answers for some of you.

Your kids, ShocoMousse anyway, enjoyed the river my DS ILikeCheeze, and I built starting in the DIS Kids Teleporter Network! We built it so that as you enter my son's room teleporter, you are 'instantly' put on the river ride and carried through a couple of his rooms, and in this case, wind up on the literal edge of the space mountain room 'circle'. Providing the 'thrill or fear' that the person coming up behind you is going to literally push you off into outer space!

While your DS was there, we were running about 8 people on it, and it was quite the site to see the "big log" at the end as we all bumped into each other at the finish. By the way, you do not have to return to the Kids Network to take the ride again, you just go over to the teleporter, step onto the 'shallows' and you are off again and again, for as many trips as you would like.

As I continued to let people ride it right up to close last night, I can state that yes, the room owner does not have to be online, but yes, the "allow only friends" must not be in use.

I had made the verbal suggestion to all, that what a wild ride we could have by hooking up even just one room of each DIS person. I can only imagine it might even take a couple of hours to "travel it all"!!

If any of you reading this are either already in the Kids Network, or are parents with kids in it, feel free to give it a try! His room is in the Network Purple room, and I hope someone was right, that our pictures are in our catalog, because all the pics I had put up to identify which room belonged to which kid, are not there currently. But that will be my first stop today, to find the pictures so those of you wanting to try it, can 'get on board'!

For those of you who already tried it yesterday, or would like to, just check around for me, and I would be happy to let you into the Kids Network to "play", LOL. (Hey we are all kids on VMK, right?)

Obviously, I am a big "count me in" vote!

Darn it. I knew i should have said the idea when i got it. I am already working on a tour of all my rooms. I am game for being in the network, as long as the people in my rooms dont mind the river in the middle of the room lol. If we have not already started using a start room i have one we can use, just meet me with your teleporter and i can add you to the end of my first room, then someone has to give you a teleporter, and so on and so forth.

Thread hijack!!!! I started the network, to get your room in, contact blizzard. when you get the end of the network post here so people know who to give their teleporters to. Please dont keep the teleporters you use in the network in your pocket, and keep the river flowing.

We will use the system established by mousse to get this going. Right now you need to give your teleporter to blizzard (canadian)

We will use the system established by mousse to get this going. Right now you need to give your teleporter to blizzard (canadian)

OK, Update:

Dark has my other half so that we can keep it looped. See him to get the continuing teleporter from my room. Then if you exchange with him, he can replace the teleporter at the beginning of his room with the one at the end of yours. (hopefully that makes sense)

EDIT: OK, thinking about it, to join the Dis Rivers you need to do the following:

1. Buy a set of teleporters and place half at the end of your ride
2. Find someone who is a part of the river and trade them the end of your ride for the beginning of their's
3. Place the teleporter you receive at the beginning of your ride

Current members of the Dis Rivers are:
DarkSideMoon
canadian
MousseDude

To make it possible to enter the Dis Network of Rivers even when nobody is in any of the rooms, I'd like to place a regular (coffin) teleporter link to one of the River rooms, and the other to the Dis Special Rooms Lobby, if that's OK.

Come to think of it, a Jungle Cruise teleporter would be thematically more appropriate.

An evil thought...

Perhaps we could fill each room along the route with a dozen DIS'ers, all dressed as colorfully as possible, dancing, waving, all singing "It's a small world after all"

over
and
over
and
over
and
over
again.

If only you could make it so that it was not possible to exit the boats or the ride at all. Then, the curse would be complete.

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... It's a world of hope, a world of fears... Auuuuggghhh!!!

JeanJoe said:
An evil thought...

Perhaps we could fill each room along the route with a dozen DIS'ers, all dressed as colorfully as possible, dancing, waving, all singing "It's a small world after all"

over
and
over
and
over
and
over
again.

If only you could make it so that it was not possible to exit the boats or the ride at all. Then, the curse would be complete.

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears... It's a world of hope, a world of fears... Auuuuggghhh!!!
You could always line the route with a stack of crates, and then drive people mad. Either that or you could have people following the riders singing the song. That way it doesn't end when you leave the room. Drive the people mad! Also, I have never heard that song *waits for gasps from the masses*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter