DISappearing Peeps...Vol. 3! All are Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm +1. I expected that since the evil girl scout cookies arrived early in the week.

Danielle, good for you on the French. I tried before I went and had no success. I have no knack for languages. And it's pretty hard in Paris. Yes, many of them speak English but the accent is so thick. We had some interesting meals with waiters who spoke no English and we had no idea what we were ordering. :rotfl:
I'll make sure I study my food. DH tells me they give you cow's brain if you don't speak French.:rotfl:

:wave2: Everyone!

I'm a SAMER this week & this officially makes me 2.5 lbs above my challenge goal. :laughing:

I'm on spring break this week & hoping to get stuff done for my upcoming Disney trip & work-out everyday in the process. We will see.
I start my nursing preceptorship Monday night from 7p to 7a. So wish me luck that I don't screw anything up. ;)

I am -.8, which makes my net gain over the last 2 weeks .6.

Considering I spent a good portion of this week on elder care (in-laws) and in hospitals/hotels, and then frantically catching up on the work I missed, not too bad...

I signed up for a breast cancer run in NJ in April, with a fellower DISer that I met last Dec. So, I need to start training!!

Hi Peeps. I committed peepacide this week so haven't weighed in. "Discovered" baking again . . . Very angry with myself. :sad2:

Have ordered the Jillian Michaels DVD you recommended to do on one of my Charlene Extreme rest days - 7 weeks and 7lb to go until vacation . . . cutting it very tight!!!!!

i don't remember what recipe i gave you! remind me. :guilty:

(renee - it's called dos copas and it's in the publix shopping center of hamilton mill on I-85, exit 120 if you're interested.)

I don't remember what it was either! Oops. LOL. I am pretty sure it was some type of margarita though. :confused3 Chad and I went to the liquor store Friday night, so now I have tequila at home again and I can make my own. I used to have a low calorie margarita recipe but don't anymore. Maybe I will google search it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I wrote it down. Will have to try it. :thumbsup2

Skinny Girl Margarita from realhousewives of nyc

Patron Silver on the Rocks, a couple of limes and a splash of cointreau

Okay, yesterday was worse, so I am going with Friday's weigh in and I was +.6. So I will officially end this challenge weighing more than I did when I began. Not a great restart, I know, but here's hoping I get better. I did pull out my food diary again. So maybe that will keep me in check a little better. And I just need to make sure I am working out a few times a week and I should do ok. I ordered all these new spring/summer clothes and while they fit, I would prefer them to fit without any noticeable fat rolls...lol...so there's another reason to step it up. I am still a little depressed, but I am getting over it so I can re-focus.

Sorry I'm late on weighing in but I'm +1. I can't get my act together this week at all. Picking instead of sitting down and eating a meal. So I didn't meet my St Patty's Day challenge but there's always another one, right? Gonna start walking this week outside. Today is not going to be a good day either, my nephew's birthday is today and they are having a pool party (at a YMCA and I'm not going in the pool DH is with DD) but they are having pizza and cake afterwards. I'm going to try and only have one slice and a small piece of cake, the cake I can do but the pizza :scared1: . Wish me luck.

I don't remember what it was either! Oops. LOL. I am pretty sure it was some type of margarita though. :confused3 Chad and I went to the liquor store Friday night, so now I have tequila at home again and I can make my own. I used to have a low calorie margarita recipe but don't anymore. Maybe I will google search it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I wrote it down. Will have to try it. :thumbsup2

i don't have a margarita recipe that i can remember but i do have one for an apple martini that i gave recently i think:

1 part green apple vodka
1 part sour apple schnapps
1 part sour mix
1 part apple juice

the apple juice cuts down the tartness and makes it sweeter. it's definitely not a diet cocktail though!

Skinny Girl Margarita from realhousewives of nyc

Patron Silver on the Rocks, a couple of limes and a splash of cointreau

Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't drink that. That'd be way too much alcohol taste for me. I have to have something in there to cover most of the alcohol taste...lol. That's why I cant drink Cosmos. :scared:

i don't have a margarita recipe that i can remember but i do have one for an apple martini that i gave recently i think:

1 part green apple vodka
1 part sour apple schnapps
1 part sour mix
1 part apple juice

the apple juice cuts down the tartness and makes it sweeter. it's definitely not a diet cocktail though!

Thanks. Must've been someone else. Obviously my memory isnt working so well on this subject.

so i don't know about you guys but i'm weighing in again tomorrow to see if i made any more progress towards my st. patrick's day goal! i was a samer on friday so i'm hoping for a 2-pound loss but i doubt it.

here's my food/calories for today.

breakfast:
coffee~5
creamer x 2~50
oatmeal~170

snack:
pear~90

lunch:
bacon tuna melt on low fat wheat bread~210
pasta salad~250
hershey caramel kiss~23

snack:
ranch quakes~70

dinner:
pasta romano~315
parmesean cheese~30
hershey caramel kiss~23

snack:
sliced strawberries & low fat whipped cream~100

TOTAL~1336

as you can see, i recently filled my candy dish with caramel-filled hersey kisses. i checked the calorie count and they're only 23 calories each. not that that makes it okay but i always want something VERY SMALL and sweet after i eat a salty meal.

I am here to check in for the St. Pat's day challenge. I am going to stick with my Friday weight, as I am having some TOM issues and I am afraid that the scale would reflect this. So overall I think I lost 3.2.... far less than my 5pound goal, but at least it is a move in the right direction. Thanks again to Aaron for hosting these great challenges!......................P

I am here to check in for the St. Pat's day challenge. I am going to stick with my Friday weight, as I am having some TOM issues and I am afraid that the scale would reflect this. So overall I think I lost 3.2.... far less than my 5pound goal, but at least it is a move in the right direction. Thanks again to Aaron for hosting these great challenges!......................P

Okay... it felt like I was copping out by not weighing in today for the challenge, so I got on the scale. I am a samer, so still, my loss for the St. Pat's day challenge is 3.2 lbs. But at least I feel honest about it!....................P

aaron - are we gonna weigh in on st. patty's day next tuesday for the challenge? i hope so because i have 2 pounds to lose!
I'll take which ever number you want as your official unofficial-challenge weight. Just give me which ever one looks better!

Me? I was a samer on Thursday morning (which I think was a minor miracle since my boss took us out for lunch Tuesday to a place with very poor diet choices); left town Thursday for an extended weekend to celebrate my wife's 30th birthday, and I think I left my brain behind. I felt like the Biggest Loser people when they get their luxery trip away from the compound and just completely forget everything they were taught. So I might hold off on weighing myself for a week or two so I can record every bite I put in my mouth and let exercise do its thing. 2009 has been a real struggle for me, and I'm not sure what seeing a bad number would do to my psyche. But I've been good with eating since we got home on Sunday, and with the weather getting more temperate I'm restarting the Couch to 5K program. So hopefully that'll put me back on track.

Oh, and if y'all want an Easter challenge, I'll be more than happy to record it. I just won't be participating this time around. I think I have to recharge my diet batteries a bit. In the mean time, I've posted the final results (unless anybody wants to give me a new number this morning) of the St Patrick's Day Challenge.

f_Peepm_9e392d4.png

Good Afternoon everyone!

I'm in for the easter challenge if anyone else is. If so put me down for 3 lbs. Thanks for doing these challenges by the way. :goodvibes:

Friday and Saturday was pizza, pizza, pizza. I tried to behave but it didn't work. I've been doing fine though since Sunday. It's Spring Break here finally! Last night I was looking through a health and family magazine and my mom helped me make a chicken and broccoli pasta bake, it was on the healthy living list on the back page and was pretty good calorie wise so I baked it up and it was really good. I'll be eating the leftovers for the next few days though since nobody else ate any.

My mom also made no bake cookies on Saturday, but I've done very well and only had 3 and that was on Saturday. She also bought these hard candies that are only 10 calories each. Strawberry, orange, and raspberry. So I think I'll be treating myself to one of those daily. They're delicious!

I've been getting in my yoga, but starting back the real exercise this afternoon, it's such a beautiful day, so I'll try and get outside as much as I can.
Have a great day!

Put me down for 3 lbs. I am doing another challenge elsewhere that is not weight based and ends Apr 24th, but hey, why not push yourself right?

I was 181.6 last Friday so I will take that as my starting weight. Goal is therefore 178.6. I am putting it here so I will remember in 4 weeks! :laughing:

Kickboxing just about killed me today. It makes 30 day shred look easy peasy. Esp when you do the whole class w/ 2 lb weights...

aaron - i'm a samer again. :confused3 so i didn't reach my goal.

plus i broke my little toe today on my left foot. what a great day!

Punkin - Sorry about the toe.

I was way out of control today. Very stressful schedule, food related duties, and 5 minutes to eat lunch resulted in eating an incredible number of calories out of frustration/ deprivation. I'm so tired I can barely stand, but I'm going to drag my behind onto the exercise bike in 5 minutes. You can time me if you want.
No Easter challenge for me. I'm in a snarly mood.pirate: Arrgh!

as you can see, i recently filled my candy dish with caramel-filled hersey kisses. i checked the calorie count and they're only 23 calories each. not that that makes it okay but i always want something VERY SMALL and sweet after i eat a salty meal.

Caramels arent too bad as far as calories and fat. I used to eat a few caramels a night and you can eat more of those, points wise. So I think the caramel kisses are better than the normal all chocolate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter