Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it’s my fault😞 I was trying to give a comparison that some people might understand. Won’t get OT again.

For everyone with digestive issues, I feel for you. Diverticulitis before 40. Stay strong. Exercise. Eat healthy.
I actually think it was a helpful comparison (I can't personally relate, but it seems that others did!). I just honestly couldn't remember the link between colonoscopies and the topic(s) of this thread, so I was seriously asking, not trying to scold/chide/etc.

I remember running my mouth and talking about this and that while the anesthesia was taking effect. I don't remember anything after that. I always wonder what I was doing during a colonoscopy if I wasn't really sleeping. Was I looking around the room? Was I talking about my last trip to WDW? What was I doing?
They will never tell you. What is said on the colonoscopy table stays on the colonoscopy table. But yes, you don't remember anything, but you're not "out."
I had the same experience with my trigger thumb surgery (which took exactly 5 minutes). When I apologized for being unconscious, she said, "Oh, you weren't. When I asked you to move your thumb, you did it." :oops:

On the topic of media credentials, Len Testa posted this on another board last year:

The DIS' Dreams Unlimited is one of the 2 or 3 largest Disney-specific travel agencies in the world. They bring at least $25 million in business to Disney every year. And if you told me it was $40 million or $60 million or more, I'd believe it. They are enormous.

I spoke with Pete Werner when we started our travel agency, because I value his experience and counsel. And Pete will tell you exactly what he's thinking. I wanted to know how to deal with Disney. Pete's advice, which I'll paraphrase here, was "Generate enough revenue for them, and Disney won't care what you say about them."

So yeah, $25 to $60 million in business per year (plus a mandatory 10% increase year-over-year) buys you a lot of free speech. Credit Pete for everything he and his team did to get to that point.
i love len testa. he’s a personality too but harmless

I don’t know if anyone else remembers this or not, and I tried to look back at the old videos and can’t seem to find it. It was either Fiasco’s or Deni’s last Tuesday live show and PW said something along the lines of “they are leaving with my blessing.” I remember at the time thinking who does this guy think he is. When I leave a job, yes I want to leave on good terms, but I could care less if I have my boss or company owners blessing when I leave.

How about those people for whom anesthesia doesn't work at all, and can feel everything during a surgery but can't do anything because they're "asleep" and unable to move or communicate?

:: dashes off to avoid the frenzy ::

I don’t know if anyone else remembers this or not, and I tried to look back at the old videos and can’t seem to find it. It was either Fiasco’s or Deni’s last Tuesday live show and PW said something along the lines of “they are leaving with my blessing.” I remember at the time thinking who does this guy think he is. When I leave a job, yes I want to leave on good terms, but I could care less if I have my boss or company owners blessing when I leave.
I don't think Fiasco had a "last show" so it had to be Deni.

If my memory is correct, it took a lot of comments from fans before the fact Fiasco left was even addressed on the show.

I think that was his way of saying that he didn’t fire them. There has always been talk when someone left that it was because Pete fired them for whatever random transgression he thought they committed.

And I really liked Fiasco. I honestly didn't watch as much after he "left." I hated how condescending Pete was to him on air. It wasn't funny or cute.

And I don't mean to pile on Pete. His big personality and enthusiasm, as what do you drew me to the Dis to begin with. I just feel so disappointed and sad.

I hope everyone gets the help they need.

I’m curious…has anyone who currently has trips booked contacted their travel agent since all this has come to light?
Contact how? To cancel a trip or just to reach out (or something else)? I've thought about reaching out to my DU TA, as I love her. But, I didn't know how much she would know about what's going on (I imagine by now she knows about Pete's departure), so I was hesitant to possibly open a can of worms if she didn't know what was going on . . .

I realize this is the internet, where nuance is in extremely short supply, but multiple things can be true at once...

• You can agree that John needed to consult with counsel before releasing a statement AND believe that the statement still took way too long to be released.
  • You can agree that John, Kevin, etc. need to serve their current ABD clients (and prepare for the upcoming DIS event) AND believe that their social media posts were still tone-deaf.
  • You can appreciate the fact that John put out a statement (late, but still, he put one out) assuring people that Pete had been removed, that the company would still serve their customers, and that there were still good people working hard to maintain a level of service, AND believe that he should have omitted his personal pushback against those who have questioned/attacked he and Kevin, and should have, at the very least, acknowledged the victims who have come forward (and had their stories corroborated).
  • You can agree that this has all come crumbling down VERY fast, AND believe that attempts at deflection and redirection have been misguided at best, and deplorable at worst.
Again, everyone is entited to their opinion, and I certainly don't begrudge those who are angry about how everything has played out (or hasn't played out) over the past few days. Believe me, I've alternated between anger, sadness, and straight-up nausea. I'm just saying that there can be nuance involved.

My two cents. That's all.
Um no it hasn’t been “fast”. Amex filed earlier this year, Sean posting on the other site since last year. Just cuz the owners willfully ignored it doesn’t mean it’s suddenly because the rest of us found out recently

They will never tell you. What is said on the colonoscopy table stays on the colonoscopy table. But yes, you don't remember anything, but you're not "out."
I had the same experience with my trigger thumb surgery (which took exactly 5 minutes). When I apologized for being unconscious, she said, "Oh, you weren't. When I asked you to move your thumb, you did it." :oops:
I guess that's what it feels like to be hypnotized.

I’m curious…has anyone who currently has trips booked contacted their travel agent since all this has come to light?
I haven’t, but also didn’t feel the need to. I received the email sent out to all clients about where my money goes and between that and everything I have read here, I didn’t have any additional questions. I am choosing to keep my booked cruise with my TA because I am not going to punish her for PW’s actions.

Regarding future trips, I hope there will be some transparency about how/when Pete is fully removed from DUT before I decide if I would use their agency again or not

Just so sad over the whole thing....
It was sad to start and somehow got worst and kept getting worst.

Dustin finding out new information that adds to his trauma after spending a decade getting over his original trauma is absolutely horrific. He got his life back on track, happily married, work through his issues with his therapists, family, friends, got a good job (he mention he manages a team now in nyc?), gathered enough courage to post, found support from other victims, and is finally ready to close this chapter, then surprise...even more horrific news. I thought after reading his first post that it was so sad and each chapter keeps getting worst.

I remember reading Sean's experience and that was terrible too, then we hear Charles choosing between homelessness or a home with hidden cameras, Jenilynn (I don't care what you tell me, that does not sound like her at all, she is a strong, talented, career driven mother of 3? and it sounds like she is pleading for a second chance over a mistake that wasn't hers), Ryno's realization of the horrors that happened on the seat next to his and the regret in his voice that he simply didn't know because he is so far down the totem pole, and now Tyler (and I assume Katrina, was she ever an employee of the Dis?) working for free, getting shut out of the industry, getting teamed up on, and not even a bit surprised that any of this happened.

Last edited:
It was sad to start and somehow got worst and kept getting worst.

Dustin finding out new information that adds to his trauma after spending a decade getting over his original trauma is absolutely horrific. He got his life back on track, happily married, work through his issues with his therapists, family, friends, got a good job (he mention he manages a team now in nyc?), gathered enough courage to post, found support from other victims, and is finally ready to close this chapter, then surprise...even more horrific news. I thought after reading his first post that it was so sad and each chapter keeps getting worst.

I remember reading Sean's experience and that was terrible too, then we hear Charles choosing between homelessness or a home with hidden cameras, Jenilynn (I don't care what you tell me, that does not sound like her at all, she is a strong, talented, career driven mother of 3? and it sounds like she is pleading for a second chance over a mistake that wasn't hers), Ryno's realization of the horrors that happened on the seat next to his and the regret is his voice that he simply didn't know because he is so far down the totem pole, and now Tyler (and I assume Katrina, was she ever an employee of the Dis?) working for free, getting shut out of the industry, getting teamed up on, and not even a bit surprised that any of this happened.
And now somebody else from another podcast has a story to tell but he's afraid to say anything because he fears retribution. I would say the name of the podcast but I probably can't here. :sad2: I used to listen to that podcast every week, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter