• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I’ve been trying to find the words to express. There might come a time when you think you know that things aren’t right, but then you look around and see how well supported and admired the person is and it creates self doubt. If you do say anything you are told you are “over reacting”or “being too sensitive” or “reading into things”. Deep down you KNOW you are right, but it becomes hard to recognise the difference between what you actually see and the smokescreen. Narcissistic abusers gather an army of admirers to keep the truth tellers at bay.
If I could “like” this multiple times I would. Narcissistic abuse can be very insidious, and no doubt this has been a factor with the entire team even aside from any possible SA. My thoughts are with them all.

I haven't seen anyone bashing the team, or even stating they knew the extent of what was happening. I think all that's been suggested is that making statements to the effect of "this news is a shock, unforeseen, etc.," is probably not 100% honest given that the information that is out there suggests the cultural environment at the company is/was extremely toxic and inappropriate by accepted professional standards. That's totally fair discussion. The business is to connect with viewers and get them to invest personally in your brand and stories on YT. It's completely appropriate to question what kind of core values you as the viewer are investing your time in.

I will say after a history of people being vaporized from these boards and staff members at the company being axed seemingly overnight, it's pretty wild this discussion is going on here without filter (so far). I appreciate it as a former viewer, I think it's a good step towards finding a path forward.
I felt the need to say something because I have seen people attacking the team and assuming things they don’t know in more than a few posts. Not sure what the goal is with that, but it definitely doesn’t help the people who are sharing their story.

wherever people are going after other team members (Facebook? not here from what I see), I don't condone it but I also understand a bit.

the 'team' always presented itself as pretty tight-nit. the idea of their personal and professional lives intertwined as they travel, go out eating/drinking regularly, now you have the revelation that Pete "dated" a couple of the young men on the roster. So when something like this happens and you get these "I had no idea" posts, you can't blame people for being skeptical at least.

Corey and whoever moderates - people are mad, they want something to be mad at, they want someone to blame for all this. Then you throw in how harsh the boards have always been against any criticism, the immediate censorship of this story at first (including yours truly).

it's a rocky time, give it a minute, people are mad and the more clarity you give them the better it will get.

I guess I can't form an opinion without knowing the stories. And even then...it's someones word against another. I still say people should not assume until facts are know. Pete has not had the opportunity to defend himself. He deserves that, at least.
He is free to use the open forums THAT HE OWNS to defend himself if he so desires.

You like to be a troll on subjects like this? Yea bet you’d never put a face to that profile tough guy.

I’m not even trying to fight with you why are you so aggressive? I was genuinely asking I thought maybe you had trauma and I felt sorry for you.

If anyone is truly attacking team members then they are definitely in the wrong & should stop. I think a lot of the upset came with the reason as to why the show needed to move to a new studio. Nobody really believes John or Kevin want to be on the show.

I think the team has a bit of a legal tightrope that they're walking right now. While I do believe the allegations are true, let's remember that legally, they're allegations on an internet message board. The team needs to be careful about what they say regarding the allegations, because I could totally see the accused lobbing a defamation suit in their direction (however unfounded). Also, if there are movements in place to divest everything DIS-related from this person, it's probably a smart move to antagonize him as little as possible until everything is in place.

I’m not even trying to fight with you why are you so aggressive? I was genuinely asking I thought maybe you had trauma and I felt sorry for you.
Stop it. Fiasco is notorious for misusing words (not that he has, but give him grace because he’s fiasco) and he’s sweet and he’s done nothing wrong here. Redirect your feelings at the true evil.

I’m sad. I turned to the Disboards and podcast during a very traumatic time in my life. I enjoyed the weekly entertainment. I learned to appreciate every person on the show even if they weren’t my favorite.

While I’m sad, I’m not really surprised. At some point I figured out that the revolving door of men in the show were men that Pete had some sort of interest in, and the women were brought on in response to criticism on lack of diversity or as an attempt to disguise what was going on. And the escalating flaunting of wealth was a troubling sign of someone trying to hide some demons within himself.

I feel for the victims we know about, the ones we don’t, his family and friends that have tried to help him with his mental health issues, and those who aren’t direct victims but were trapped in a toxic environment because of their own life situations and felt that they couldn’t speak up.

Stop it. Fiasco is notorious for misusing words (not that he has, but give him grace because he’s fiasco) and he’s sweet and he’s done nothing wrong here. Redirect your feelings at the true evil.
I completely agree….and people wonder why members of the team don’t make statements. It’s pretty clear that when they do make a statement it’s going to be questioned anyway. Seriously, there’s nothing that they could say to satisfy people. I don’t know any of them but how about “I worked for a narcissist and I had a feeling that he mistreated co workers but I could never really get to the bottom of it. It was a pretty good job. I spent my days hanging out at theme parks and eating dole whip and I couldn’t easily replace the job with another one that I’d enjoy as much. I kinda needed my paycheck and my boss would blackball me if I tried to find another job. I was in a tough spot. Sorry if you don‘t agree with my choices. The end.”

I think suggesting the team should have/must have known what was happening is deeply unfair to them, and it places blame on them unjustly. Walking away from not just a job but a career is devastating and can have dire impacts in terms of things like health care. As a result--and because we aren't empowered to actually do anything about the problem--many of us go into some degree of denial/willful oblivion about wrongdoing. Have some heart for the victims and some grace for their coworkers, DISfam. And to all who are affected or have rough memories brought up by this, take care.

Are some of you people aware Sean detailed his story months ago and members of the team have acknowledged they read the posts? Only Dustin’s allegations are new, Sean’s are not. This is not entirely new information to them. If you don’t read T L you’re missing the full story.

I haven't seen anyone bashing the team, or even stating they knew the extent of what was happening. I think all that's been suggested is that making statements to the effect of "this news is a shock, unforeseen, etc.," is probably not 100% honest given that the information that is out there suggests the cultural environment at the company is/was extremely toxic and inappropriate by accepted professional standards. That's totally fair discussion. The business is to connect with viewers and get them to invest personally in your brand and stories on YT. It's completely appropriate to question what kind of core values you as the viewer are investing your time in.

I will say after a history of people being vaporized from these boards and staff members at the company being axed seemingly overnight, it's pretty wild this discussion is going on here without filter (so far). I appreciate it as a former viewer, I think it's a good step towards finding a path forward.
Unless you have the personal emails of the Dis Team, we do not know if people are bashing them through their personal social media/email accounts in private emails/DMs

I just can't help but find it disappointing that the main people on their team claim they had no knowledge of any of this until well after the public outrage started. These are the same people who spent a great deal of time in the house filming, at dining reviews, attended park related events, took cruises, and participated in numerous podcasts and aftershows. To say with any amount of seriousness that they were sincerely surprised comes across as either very disingeneous or naive. It implies that they only started to care when would negatively effect their media invites and their benefits. The red flags were there, they just choose to ignore it until it suited them to embrace this new found integrity.

I hope when all this blows over they clean house and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter