• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok? What's the connection between that and this convo?

"SeanWM48 said:
ohhhh....... a whole lot will not age well. especially involving Mr. Werner.

Pete was entertaining as hell. Now that I said that; did he talk down to his audience? all the time. Talk down to Disney? His employees? all the time. Holier than thou politically, socially, financially? check, check, check. He has Tiger King written all over him. his entire act will not age well."

I'm not familiar with how to carry a quote forward and respond to it. I apologize if my inexperience offended you @Tonyz

"SeanWM48 said:
ohhhh....... a whole lot will not age well. especially involving Mr. Werner.

Pete was entertaining as hell. Now that I said that; did he talk down to his audience? all the time. Talk down to Disney? His employees? all the time. Holier than thou politically, socially, financially? check, check, check. He has Tiger King written all over him. his entire act will not age well."

I'm not familiar with how to carry a quote forward and respond to it. I apologize if my inexperience offended you @Tonyz

Is anyone else wondering- what now?

I absolutely believe Sean and Dustin. I discovered all of this yesterday, and I applaud them both for coming forward. I always felt something was off with Dis-unplugged as far as the revolving employees. I remember several of my favorites just disappearing or leaving including Dustin. I kind of figured Pete was a ‘my way or the highway’ kind of guy, but I had no idea any of this was happening.

I’ve been a Patreon member (not anymore) and I actively have used and promoted Dreams Unlimited, especially the agent I have worked with over the years who has been nothing short of fantastic to me.

That being said, I’m really uncomfortable with the financial state of dreams unlimited, and more than that any money potentially going to a man that I do not want to support.

I have three cruises currently booked with DU and I was likely to pick up a placeholder on my September cruise… I love my agent, but I just don’t know if I can support Dreams with Pete as a partial owner- on the flipside, I don’t want my agent losing out because of the actions of somebody else. Anyone else in the same boat?

As for the question of Ryno and Craig, and how much they knew or didn’t know… I personally hope they’re both OK. I especially worry about Ryno right now- I might not agree with all of his views, but I have noticed his struggle since Covid hit and I really just want him to be OK and Craig and Julie and all of them (minus one and I even want him to be ok just held accountable for his actions).

This is a sad day- much love to Dustin, Sean, and the team.

Craig is still pretending they were moving the show for Kevin’s mobility. Kevin hasn’t cared about the show in years. It was a nonsense story in the beginning and even more so now.

If Craig is gonna pretend everything was perfectly normal up until being SHOCKED by the news in the last few days… that says everything I’ll need to know, personally.
So you are just choosing to believe that Dustin is lying when he specifically posted about current employees not having known about what had happened to him?

So you are just choosing to believe that Dustin is lying when he specifically posted about current employees not having known about what had happened to him?

Yes, that's exactly what I said...

I fully believe Dustin that during his experience no one had any idea. But there has been almost a decade since then. And there was at least one other victim who has been public about his abuse since then.

I simply do not believe that Craig and co. were 100% ignorant up until a couple days ago. For example, Craig would name-check the website that Sean posted his story on. It is just too unbelievable to me.

Having watched the show for several years, and being aware in other jobs where there were things going on without other employees knowing...I would not be surprised if the regulars didn't know all of the details, or that one person only reporting something might not be enough of evidence....or maybe they weren't aware of who was saying what, or not seen those specific posts.

In other words, that thread on that other board is a place with a lot of information, but it is also a place where several others are being bashed IMO for no reason, or just to complain for other reasons in a sort of "piling on" session, which I completely disagree with.

There is a lot of complexity that needs to be sorted on the business structure moving forward, that will take time. I do hope they find a way to keep the podcasts going and hope maybe they can entice Panda to return. Panda in my opinion would be a great host moving forward. They also need to add a new panelist with younger children. It is sad to think though that good chance we might not hear from Pete again. Regardless of what happened, I wish him well, the show was fun over the years. Once he left, it took a bit of a literal left turn, good deal of political, SJW discussion etc. Would be great if the show could get back to what it was 5 years ago.

I don’t understand why people aren’t getting how inappropriate it is for the boss to be in relationships routinely with employees. You can’t say Sean wasn’t assaulted, so there was no cause for concern until Dustin spoke up. Again, the issue is the shock and surprise being claimed. It’s not genuine.
From my understanding to what Sean said, he was in some sort of relationship with Pete when he came aboard. What do you want to team to do? Say hey its not appropriate to hire your boyfriends? I'm sure they knew it was all inappropriate but I see so many fail to listen to all of what Dustin and Sean have said.They only hear want to hear and attack the team. They all has some sort of fear or trauma

My Patreon expired 8/1 and after Tuesday’s show and the comments about what was going on, I cancelled. For reason, I wrote in disappointed. None of the categories fit. I liked listening to Pete, I thought he was honest about Disney news. For example, he said a couple months ago that Disney’s reservations were way down for summer and Universal was going to kill them with Epic Universe. I have my doubts the show will be back. I’m glad DVC Fan was spun off, I respect Paul and Amy. Even though he was joking, I hated when he called Amy a crack dealer. I had a feeling it bugged her.

From my understanding to what Sean said, he was in some sort of relationship with Pete when he came aboard. What do you want to team to do? Say hey it’s not appropriate to hire your boyfriends? I'm sure they knew it was all inappropriate but I see so many fail to listen to all of what Dustin and Sean have said.They only hear want to hear and attack the team. They all has some sort of fear or trauma
Edit. Post removed.

Last edited:
To be fair , that's sort of the "character" he plays on the internet. We all fell in love with Pete for being off the cuff. I know I tune in every week hoping he will rant and keep Disney accountable.
Kind of what I always assumed too. That the whole condescending, New Jersey type attitude was a bit of schtick played up for the podcast. Guess I was wrong. Reading the stuff over at tattle is disgusting. I feel dirty for ever liking Pete on the show.

This whole situation reminds me of how Disney is, in its purest form, meant to be a safe space, especially for LGBTQ+ people. It's corny, but walking through Magic Kingdom at night, with the music playing and lights twinkling, is as good as heaven for so many of us. I hope the Pete memories haven't tainted the magic of Disney for Dustin and Sean (and whoever else may come forward).

More seriously, I hope Dustin and Sean find peace in sharing the truth. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I actually think Craig comes out looking terrible in this. How long has he been there? That statement is a cop out. He may have not known every detail of what was happening but when you work this closely and spend as much time with people as he has, him claiming to be shocked is a complete lie and insult to people who have listened to the show. Seeing all this, I am done with the show, their articles etc. Really sad for the victims. Sad because the DIS was a decent Disney outlet for me and while I could tell Pete had issues, I didnt know it was to this extent.
Why do some many people want to attack the team? Especially Craig and Ryno. Dustin said himself that they didn't know. He is friends with them and that they had their own trauma. But so many of you discount this part of what Dustin said. I don't get it.. So he is truthful in his accounts of abuse but not about what he says about the team?? So to your account, he is only truthful sometimes?

Dustin spoke so eloquently, personally I can only be left to believe everything that he has shared.

Anyone of us can decide to continue to watch/support whatever The Dis is going to present going forward, but It does not help Dustin or Sean to pass judgement on the team.

Yes, that's exactly what I said...

I fully believe Dustin that during his experience no one had any idea. But there has been almost a decade since then. And there was at least one other victim who has been public about his abuse since then.

I simply do not believe that Craig and co. were 100% ignorant up until a couple days ago. For example, Craig would name-check the website that Sean posted his story on. It is just too unbelievable to me.

Yes, your statements are so true to me.

Sean’s story started coming out 333 days ago.

Dustin’s statement about what they knew then, 10 years ago, can be 100% true. No one is questioning Dustin.

Things changed and evolved since Dustin left. How many threads got locked when the audience had concerns about this or that?

Also, when there is questions about how money is being spent, if it’s being used wisely, saying you need to build a studio for Kevin just sounds crazy. Yes, if Kevin was excited about the show and the content, by all means! Kevin is so excited about being on the show, he has told us so himself for months…oh wait. He hasn’t.

The trust with the audience is on the line, no more baloney please. Please just be honest as soon as you can.

And I don’t think anyone should attack or harass the team. Of course not! I am just staying at some point, they need to know we have questions and so far they are giving us answers that don’t ring true.

Last edited:
Is anyone else wondering- what now?

I absolutely believe Sean and Dustin. I discovered all of this yesterday, and I applaud them both for coming forward. I always felt something was off with Dis-unplugged as far as the revolving employees. I remember several of my favorites just disappearing or leaving including Dustin. I kind of figured Pete was a ‘my way or the highway’ kind of guy, but I had no idea any of this was happening.

I’ve been a Patreon member (not anymore) and I actively have used and promoted Dreams Unlimited, especially the agent I have worked with over the years who has been nothing short of fantastic to me.

That being said, I’m really uncomfortable with the financial state of dreams unlimited, and more than that any money potentially going to a man that I do not want to support.

I have three cruises currently booked with DU and I was likely to pick up a placeholder on my September cruise… I love my agent, but I just don’t know if I can support Dreams with Pete as a partial owner- on the flipside, I don’t want my agent losing out because of the actions of somebody else. Anyone else in the same boat?

As for the question of Ryno and Craig, and how much they knew or didn’t know… I personally hope they’re both OK. I especially worry about Ryno right now- I might not agree with all of his views, but I have noticed his struggle since Covid hit and I really just want him to be OK and Craig and Julie and all of them (minus one and I even want him to be ok just held accountable for his actions).

This is a sad day- much love to Dustin, Sean, and the team.

Last edited:
It appears that my original post on Patreon is being criticized by plenty of people including @Tonyz particularly, so let me clarify. Dustin and Pete brought me into this company as a freelancer in late 2012 before going part-time in 2013 and then full-time. When I say I found out about the allegations (Dustin's) the same way as others, it's because it's the absolute truth as Dustin has clearly stated. And I was truly shocked. The DIS was an abnormal place to work from day one and something like Pete and Dustin dating was presented to me as consensual and normal. There was plenty of fighting along the way that seemed like red flags to me, but I'm never going to be one to judge anyone's relationship. When Dustin chose to leave, I supported him doing what was best for him.

You can choose whether or not to believe me when I say I was not aware of what happened with Dustin before or during my time working with The DIS even with Dustin saying flat out we didn't know. You can choose to believe me or not when I tell you that John told me he knows Dreams needs a bigger presence on the show and that means he and Kevin returning but they need a new studio because the reality is it's impossible for Kevin to navigate into a narrow door and down a narrow hallway into an extra bedroom that was our studio.

Right now, I'm just trying to do my job to the best of my ability and I'm waiting to hear more the same way everyone else is.

Hello. I haven't posted on there boards in years. Facebook was easier. But I was able to log into my account so yeah. I've been for the last few days reasing the posts over on the other board. I can't comment there because its closed to new registration. I'd never heard of it until Tuesday from the live show chat. I want to say that I fully believe both Dustin and Sean, and they have my full support. When I first realized that Sean was in a relationship with him, I literally screamed out loud! I knew he'd slowly extract Sean's soul, and I liked Sean. I've been "watching" the disunplugged for 17ish years since before it was on YouTube. I used to be active in the trip planning forums and made some lifelong friends there. I stopped watching the Tuesday show a while ago after Pete went in his political rant, unless someone else was hosting. My take; over the last months, he hates the parks, no joy in it, he got nasty political and made me feel that he didn't even want me watching. He was addicted to DVC, shopping, spewed vitriol at his audience. He showed up to a Tuesday show wearing evening jewelry on the daytime. And apparently he was on a spending spree. He obviously (to me) knew about Sean's and Dustin's revelations and the walls were closing in. He is having a nervous breakdown. I don't blame any of his employees and team members. I'm sure he wealded power over them too. I don't blame them. They were in the dark pit and fire whatever reason had yet to extract themselves.

It appears that my original post on Patreon is being criticized by plenty of people including @Tonyz particularly, so let me clarify. Dustin and Pete brought me into this company as a freelancer in late 2012 before going part-time in 2013 and then full-time. When I say I found out about the allegations (Dustin's) the same way as others, it's because it's the absolute truth as Dustin has clearly stated. And I was truly shocked. The DIS was an abnormal place to work from day one and something like Pete and Dustin dating was presented to me as consensual and normal. There was plenty of fighting along the way that seemed like red flags to me, but I'm never going to be one to judge anyone's relationship. When Dustin chose to leave, I supported him doing what was best for him.

You can choose whether or not to believe me when I say I was not aware of what happened with Dustin before or during my time working with The DIS even with Dustin saying flat out we didn't know. You can choose to believe me or not when I tell you that John told me he knows Dreams needs a bigger presence on the show and that means he and Kevin returning but they need a new studio because the reality is it's impossible for Kevin to navigate into a narrow door and down a narrow hallway into an extra bedroom that was our studio.

Right now, I'm just trying to do my job to the best of my ability and I'm waiting to hear more the same way everyone else is.
I think it's unfortunate that the person who really needs to be speaking and taking accountability hasn't, which continues to leave his employees out to dry. I think it's fair to expect it wouldn't be instant, but the clock has been ticking for far too long. I sincerely hope that the people you, Ryno, and Erica are encountering in the parks are being kind and empathetic. This is a lose, lose situation as long as he is radio silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter