Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disboards has been a fantastic resource and avenue for people to discuss and dream about Disney. We all love Disney (even though sometimes is is a love/hate relationship more). This website has been very useful and helpful over the years.
I don't know what the moderators or webmasters do...I imagine it is a tough and thankless job for the most part. Transparency is awesome...but with the legal issues involving many exec members of the community, transparency is probably not advised.
I deal with these issues on a regular basis. Both sides want transparency and claim they have it, but lawyers on both sides will actively advise (behind the scenes) against it - anything can come back and be used against them in a lawsuit. It is not that they don't want transparency - they probably really do, but one wrong post or slip can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is unfortunate, but realistic.
Enjoy the threads about cruising and MNSSHP coming up...but don't expect resolution or transparency on Pete or the rest of the team.
Transparency on the situation surrounding Pete and his allegations is one thing. I’m willing to give grace on that.

It’s the transparency on how things are going to operate on these boards, which the threads that were removed recently addressed, that I think there isn’t some legal reason for doing so.

Corey has been the constant adult in the room in this scenario, and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Just leaves a sour taste to have threads that kind of gave hope for users that there was a chance at changes to these boards up and disappears after less than 12 hours.

The irony of the 'we are going to be a bit gentler with the moderation stick' thread, wherein people were citing examples of unfair demerits and deletions, being outright deleted...

Want to stop the thread and close it? Okay. But it's pretty rude to just delete the time and energy and thoughts of people who were invested in it.

My thoughts too, but I think a post clarifying why they were removed is warranted. Even if it were at John’s instruction, just tell us why.

I mean, I think it's pretty clear. The moderator in question is friends with the guy who actually owns the company. She was probably upset, and so the threads were deleted. He owns the company....so he can do what he want despite how his employees feel or how community members feel. He's taking a "back to business" approach. I would imagine he's got bigger fish to fry, and so any talk of these boards are likely an annoyance to him at this point.

This is absolutely absurd. Corey is trying but the priorities of those others in charge is clear.

With how they're currently acting with something relatively minor, are we really supposed to believe that it's beyond the realm of possibility that this company covered something up major in order to protect itself?

Shameful.

Last edited:
Those Riviera contracts going to take the biggest hit, I believe he bought most of those direct.

How come the thread with antisemitism is still up but the threads calling for everyone to cool down deleted?

Looks like I succeeded into getting my post referenced and mocked at the other site! I made it!

As an owner at BLT since 2009 I've never understood the attraction to Riviera; especially for the price! Why would anyone think that's a Deluxe resort?? The location is awful and I'm not even going to discuss the sky buckets. LOL! I guess Disney did a great job of marketing and talking it up..... "Look at this bright, shiny object; It's amazing!" BTW.... I was mocked on that website around 2009-2010. It was actually hysterical! :rotfl2:

The irony of the 'we are going to be a bit gentler with the moderation stick' thread, wherein people were citing examples of unfair demerits and deletions, being outright deleted...

Want to stop the thread and close it? Okay. But it's pretty rude to just delete the time and energy and thoughts of people who were invested in it.
EXACTLY. So many, myself included, put their heart, concerns and hope for the future into the responses to Corey and now it is just all gone.

As an owner at BLT since 2009 I've never understood the attraction to Riviera; especially for the price! Why would anyone think that's a Deluxe resort?? The location is awful and I'm not even going to discuss the sky buckets. LOL! I guess Disney did a great job of marketing and talking it up..... "Look at this bright, shiny object; It's amazing!" BTW.... I was mocked on that website around 2009-2010. It was actually hysterical! :rotfl2:
I actually own at BLT and riviera. I don’t personally think any dvc resort is “deluxe” compared to off property deluxe. But the skyliner was so convenient. Thought I would hate it but I ended up loving it. It’s not for everyone though. The theming and lobby are boring. Now back to the topic at hand …

Those Riviera contracts going to take the biggest hit, I believe he bought most of those direct.

How come the thread with antisemitism is still up but the threads calling for everyone to cool down deleted?

Looks like I succeeded into getting my post referenced and mocked at the other site! I made it!
Several people are so mean on that site. If they want to say things about someone’s behavior that’s one thing but they mock vloggers for weight, hair style, overall appearance, parenting, spending, etc. I don’t understand the purpose of their endless cruelty toward others. I would consider it a misfortune to know many of them IRL.

Getting “sweep everything under the carpet vibes” at the minute.

I’m sure a lot of us are waiting for some tangible action to happen otherwise feels like time to move off these boards
It will come. Give them some time. A lot of people are involved in all this

Kathy Werling doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

Unless you say something bad about Figment...in which case that woman will MURDER you.
Or Caribbean Beach.
I mean, I think it's pretty clear. The moderator in question is friends with the guy who actually owns the company. She was probably upset, and so the threads were deleted. He owns the company....so he can do what he want despite how his employees feel or how community members feel. He's taking a "back to business" approach. I would imagine he's got bigger fish to fry, and so any talk of these boards are likely an annoyance to him at this point.
Different companies though. Corey is supposed to be in charge of The DIS:
Effective immediately, Peter Werner has resigned his position as CEO of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and as Owner/Editor-in-Chief of The DIS (as well as all related websites and properties).

John Magi, President and Co-Owner of Dreams Unlimited Travel, will continue to run the day-to-day operations of Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc. and assume the CEO responsibilities as well.

Corey Martin, the President of The DIS, will maintain his role with both The DIS and its affiliated sites while taking on executive responsibilities.

Several people are so mean on that site. If they want to say things about someone’s behavior that’s one thing but they mock vloggers for weight, hair style, overall appearance, parenting, spending, etc. I don’t understand the purpose of their endless cruelty toward others. I would consider it a misfortune to know many of them IRL.
The ones I don't get are the ones who spend hours per week watching videos of people they seem to hate. How do you have so little in your life that THAT is how you spend your time?

I agree. I'm glad that we have free speech venues like that, but the flip side of free speech venues is that they can bring out the best and the worst of people. I'm totally okay with stating unpopular opinions or even gossip, but the time I stumbled onto the Tim Tracker forum over there, I felt like I needed a bleach shower. It's just a cesspool of gross, and I wonder if they realize how unhinged they sound. They make fun of the 'stans' ruthlessly for being obsessed with them, but their own level of negative obsession eclipses that times about 10. People looking up their property tax bills, picking apart every tiny detail of every vlog, discussing Instagram pics with forensic-level detail... how empty of a life must you have to be that obsessed?

I only occasionally lurk in both places, and I will say, by comparison, the Dis thread over there is tame. I don't see the same kind of ad hominem attacks on that board, and the scathing high school bullying methods that the TT board seems to largely employ. Maybe one or two here and there but nothing even remotely comparable. So good job to the Dis thread over there for keeping the tone a bit more classy and on the topic of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter