Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for one thing I'm not going to abandon Pete. We are all human and we all make mistakes. And yes, some of us make the same mistakes over and over until we get caught. Everyone deserves compassion and forgiveness because we don't know what they are going through. God forgives us 70 * 7. A real friend stands by through it all and gives support. I don't have to agree, but I will give support and well wishes. I pray that he takes a beat and steps back from everything and reflect. Work on his self and reemerge that much better.
drugging and raping someone isn't a "mistake." And no, there's no requirement or expectation to "stand by" an abuser.

I know for one thing I'm not going to abandon Pete. We are all human and we all make mistakes. And yes, some of us make the same mistakes over and over until we get caught. Everyone deserves compassion and forgiveness because we don't know what they are going through. God forgives us 70 * 7. A real friend stands by through it all and gives support. I don't have to agree, but I will give support and well wishes. I pray that he takes a beat and steps back from everything and reflect. Work on his self and reemerge that much better.
So, you just joined yesterday to say that you are not going to abandon Pete. How about real friends hold their friends accused of SA accountable before being so quick to forgive?

Maybe show a little concern for Pete’s victims first.

He's a sexual predator. Not someone I'd be proud to publicly post my support for on the internet.
Correct answer. If that person is someone other than Pete himself....then cool, find Pete and support him. I mean, there are plenty of women who marry men on death's row for murder. It's a free country....do your thing. I just wouldn't be looking for him around here though. I don't think the remaining owners are interested in doing business any longer. At least that was what the statement said.

can you say troll boys and girls?

Some of us don’t fit that category according to pw. He has been quoted as stating Moderators for the boards were “peons.”

I’ve never called a ‘real friend’ a peon.

Another former moderator here. I didn't know that PW referred to us as peons. I always suspected he felt that way...I just never knew he actually admitted it.

Another former moderator here. I didn't know that PW referred to us as peons. I always suspected he felt that way...I just never knew he actually admitted it.
He actually did. I won’t tag the former moderator because I believe he’s actively avoiding this board.

Didn't we JUST have this conversation last night? Have you gone through the information we have available and understand the situation now?

I really, honestly and completely don't care what someone is going through which makes them rape and be abusive (among a host of other things). I don't care what he's going through to lord information over other people, use his position to get his way, gloat about the things he has and make others feel like the scum of the Earth. I can probably throw being a liar and a thief into the mix, too.

Pete is a terrible, vile human being. Period. You can forgive him all you want. I don't care. As I stated yesterday, I do hope he gets the help he needs. And then finds a quiet corner of the world to do something constructive for humanity. But do I ever need to see his face or hear his smug, hypocritical voice ever again? No. Never. End of story.

I know for one thing I'm not going to abandon Pete. We are all human and we all make mistakes. And yes, some of us make the same mistakes over and over until we get caught.
Weill hopefully you'll be able to forgive Pete after he's released from prison if this ends up going to court and he's found guilty. Yes people make mistakes but they need to be made to pay for those mistakes.

Cool, you can be Pete's one friend. I've heard he doesn't actually have any.

Well, I used to be a frequent user of these boards and listener of the show back in the 2010s but left after the environment became a bit too much. Saw the ITM article and, honestly, am so shocked and disturbed by what has come to light. Sean and Dustin are true heroes and I really hope the remaining staff can salvage this ship. Maybe without John and Kevin?

None. He owns none. They’re all financed, and contrary to what the DVC would have you believe, if he is forced to sell now, some, if not most, of them would most likely sell at a loss, which is less than ideal in normal circumstances, much less when you’re a defendant in a $900k court case.
Many people who own their home have a mortgage.

I don't know all the interlocking ownership and relationships. It's possible Pete can sell the contracts with a reduced commission or Pete gets part of the commission.

I don't know the math. Can Pete get emough $$$ renting the points to cover dues and financing payments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter