Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Kadie's birthday and we were waiting to get into Ariel's grotto!

Sue I LOVE THAT DRESS! The coins are adorable!

Okay, so hubby was really tired last night and snoring SO loudly that I could not sleep. Of course I had a 9 am doctors appointment and I am not an early riser! SO, I read your trip report from start to finish! It sounded like an amazing time! I so want to have a guide!!! I am so jealous!! And so were a few little trolls! But anyways you both looked so cute and had such a good time!

We did have tons of fun last summer. This trip is going to be great as well ... even if we HAVE to drag the guys along :rolleyes1

I just saw the Test Track dress and I love it!
Are the RnR and EE dresses in the post as well.. I would love to see those.
I have pics of the RNR dress but the EE dress is being made this week. The fabric is a ice white cracked pattern with a teal camo type blender. It will have an appliqued yeti on the skirt. It will be similar to the design of the TT dress but different colors.

Here is the RNR dress... this photo was taken at 6am and she was still half asleep :lmao: I have matching hair bows and she will be wearing it with red converse high tops :thumbsup2 but you can at least get the idea
dress1.jpg

Yes I'm going to try to get Praline to divulge her secret source in a PM to me...heehee
Which secret source? I got tons of them :rotfl2:
I can't sew and boy have I tried but I love dressing my DD up so I have made a few buddies over the years who do wonderful work. We will brain storm the idea and they do the actual hands on work LOL

Why can't I see the pictures? Brook your pics just show up as a little box with a red x in the middle. Wonder why????
Which pics? They show up fine for me?

I have been busy but not with sewing very much. Today I did finish the Give give shirts for Matt. I felt called to make shirts for Matt. The Star Wars shirt was designed by Dom13 on the Disign forum. He has been a great help in teaching me photoshop. Thanks to Jessica for teaching me my first applique the Jack head. This one didn't come out as good as I planned but I am out of shirts.
GBMattSWshirt.jpg

MattBigGive.jpg

Those shirts are cute but I am LOVING that Star wars one!!!!! Great for a boy!

Wow Mecca is a fantastic looking place, I might even consider dealing with the whole LA/Anaheim thing just to go. I've been to LA a couple of times, it's not my favorite place. :) I joke with my CA cousins that someone is trying to tell them something about living in a place with earthquakes, fires, mudslide, and flash floods. They tease me about living so close to all the nation's politicians. It's an ongoing tease-fest with them.

Hey all!! LOVE all the new things!! I really need to get crackin' on some clothes. You all move fast!

Question for you all: Isn't there some type of fabric or paper that you can print pictures on and then sew?? If so where can you get it and does it work with any printer??

Thanks!!

Okay, Mecca yesterday!!! This fabric store is huge! I forgot to take pictures but I did find some on the internet. They have tons & tons of Micheal miller, moda, Henry Alexander, plus everything else you can imagine. I saw at least 25 DIFFERENT strawberry shortcake fabric. Polka dots in any color and sizes and all price ranges. Gingham was an entire row of all colors and all sizes. They even had the hungry caterpillar! The main floor has rows & rows like a Joanns but each row is 4 fabrics deep. THEN you hit the flat folded area. Its about 1/3 of the store and is packed probably 25 deep per row. And it goes on & on. Then there is the back room. Along one length of the building is flat folded knits. Every color imaginable, except the red & white stripped I wanted. :confused3 They have stacks of brocades and corduroys. Oh and all the corduroy is 3.99 a yard! And rows and rows of jungle prints and rows of skull prints and it just goes on & on!
Okay, here is a picture I found on the internet. Keep in mind there are rows & rows like this!

I MUST move there now, not CA, but the store OMG:worship:

I have been busy but not with sewing very much. Today I did finish the Give give shirts for Matt. I felt called to make shirts for Matt. The Star Wars shirt was designed by Dom13 on the Disign forum. He has been a great help in teaching me photoshop. Thanks to Jessica for teaching me my first applique the Jack head. This one didn't come out as good as I planned but I am out of shirts.

I love that Star Wars I may have to go begging at that thread, before our trip in July. My son is hard to come up with stuff for.

And just so I can be at my 10 and finally have pic posting ability. I am writing a no meaning post just to say Hello to all the wonderful people on this board. So HELLO and this should be 10 :dance3::cool1::cheer2:

And just so I can be at my 10 and finally have pic posting ability. I am writing a no meaning post just to say Hello to all the wonderful people on this board. So HELLO and this should be 10 :dance3::cool1::cheer2:

Yeah Kara, waiting to get to 10 is a big deal. You can do all kinds of things like PM too!

I am thinking of what to do for my 2000th post?:confused3

Hi all I am hoping for opnions on this skirt. I am not sure I am liking the ruffle. I thought I would just do simple tucks but I don't know tia. I haven't top stiched around the bottom yet because I am not sure I want to keep it like that.

IMG_1290.jpg

I love the stripes you used! Is this the one where you were trying to choose between the pink stripes and the green stripes? I really like the ones you chose!

Thanks and Yes, this is the one I couldn't choose which striped fabric worked better. Even as I was making the dress I was still questioning my choice. I finally cut out a strip from the pink fabric and pinned it on as the mid strip so I could see it... and then I was able to be sure. Now what to do with the pink ;)

th_GBMattSWshirt.jpg

th_MattBigGive.jpg

Great shirts! They are both great. The Star Wars design is perfect!
Thanks for the link.

Hi all I am hoping for opnions on this skirt. I am not sure I am liking the ruffle. I thought I would just do simple tucks but I don't know tia. I haven't top stiched around the bottom yet because I am not sure I want to keep it like that.

th_IMG_1290.jpg

What a sweet skirt!
I like the soft ruffle/tucks, but I would probably also like a more ruffled look as well.
I know that doesn't help.:)
I do think that what you have finishes the skirt off nicely.

Ack you know I'm probably the worst person to be chiming in on somethign sewing related...

It's hard for me to tell without seeing it "on" y'know? Maybe it is bugging you because it's a smaller ruffle than you've done before? (Guessing)

Not that I can sew or know your skills but I did come across a cute fairy pattern that I ALMOST had made for my DD as tink but went with something else....
It looks simple..err.. maybe?
Its the tink outfit but if you changed the colors and took off the wings it could work :confused3
3680.jpg

Its pattern 3680

3680t.jpg
I forget who is is going ot the faire- but I think you said THIS weekend- If you like this pattern (the one with the wings) I highly recommend you skip the Simplicity and go to www.youcanmakethis.com and buy Carla (Sew Boutique for Dolly and Me) DO NOT buy Dainty Designs! You want Carla's pattern for Portrait Peasant dress, her directions are so detailed. Just be sure to print out the directions and pattern size seperately to be sure you print the pattern piece at 100% (AKA "None)
You can make the length whatever you want that way, you could easily do a pointed hem on it, or leave the hem straight- look for wings at costume or disney shops, or even ToysrUs in their dress up section should have them. This pattern makes up VERY quick and is great for beginner sewers- but is adaptable as your skills increase. i find her patterns are versitile, the big commercial companies patterns tend to be very limiting.

Yeah Kara, waiting to get to 10 is a big deal. You can do all kinds of things like PM too!

I am thinking of what to do for my 2000th post?:confused3
I actually laughed out loud at your post! too funny. For your 2000th post we should have a POSTING PARTY- everybody post cool gifs and graphics and fireworks, etc for you after you do it- and it has to be here of course!

IMG_1290.jpg
Um, okay- I dont see anything wrong, I like it, i like the way it falls and I think you should topstitch it and be done!

Okay- Im off to find my camera.

Did I mention I am HIGHLY emotional today (again) man, whats WITH this emotional junk? I stood up at MOPS today to speak about all the neat things i have experienced over this year with other women and kept crying. Oy vey.

And Im at the point where I dont want to go out in public anymore- EVERYONE keeps asking me how much longer in that sad sympathetic voice that says- "Oh man, you just look so uncomfortable" and then Im faced with deciding to answer the EDD question or explain this is not NORMAL for PG women to walk (AKA hobble) this way and that I in fact have a seperated pubic bone. Or today- I cant tell you how many women asked me 'Are you in pain?" Ummmmm- hellllllloooooo- who chooses to walk like this if they aren't in pain?????????????? Am I missing something?
Update on Gram- thought she was going to pass around midnight last night, but then she opened her eyes, they will move her and bath her today, but it's starting to look like Im going to miss the funeral. My parents (who live 3 hours closer) left today to go up.

Wow! I leave for 2 weeks and everyone gets all these beautiful things made. My husband finally got home from his out of state job. It had been over a month since we had seen him. He decided he missed us too much to go back.

So here is the Tinkerbell dress I made! I need help!!! Not sure how I like it.
First it is too short I think. What do you all think? Could I just add some bloomers or should I just start over? And the straps are supposed to be like "wings", but I am not sure! HELP!
dis509011.jpg
I think it is adorable...I would just add some white bloomers....

Okay, Mecca yesterday!!! This fabric store is huge! I forgot to take pictures but I did find some on the internet. They have tons & tons of Micheal miller, moda, Henry Alexander, plus everything else you can imagine. I saw at least 25 DIFFERENT strawberry shortcake fabric. Polka dots in any color and sizes and all price ranges. Gingham was an entire row of all colors and all sizes. They even had the hungry caterpillar! The main floor has rows & rows like a Joanns but each row is 4 fabrics deep. THEN you hit the flat folded area. Its about 1/3 of the store and is packed probably 25 deep per row. And it goes on & on. Then there is the back room. Along one length of the building is flat folded knits. Every color imaginable, except the red & white stripped I wanted. :confused3 They have stacks of brocades and corduroys. Oh and all the corduroy is 3.99 a yard! And rows and rows of jungle prints and rows of skull prints and it just goes on & on!
Okay, here is a picture I found on the internet. Keep in mind there are rows & rows like this!

I MUST move there now, not CA, but the store OMG:worship:

Oh how I would like to go to CA just to see it

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...m7ntBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image

So in all that, the fabric I was looking for was not there. :scared1: I had a customer request a certain fabric. So after going there (its 25 miles away!) and 2 Joann's, I redesigned what I was going to make for her. Then as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep I thought OMGosh, I bet Wallyworld has it. And sure enough they did!! So I got to visit my favorite place & got what I was looking for, though not in the same trip!

Wow! That place sounds really cool!
We will be in So. Cal. in the Fall and I would love to go... not sure what Hubby and kids would do, but I have months to figure that out. Can you PM me some specifics about the place.... are they open 7 days a week?

I am glad you found what you were looking for, even it was the long way around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter