Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Guess I'll join in on page 6 this time! Wow! I am a slacker!

I only looked at this page but Mulan and Capt Jack are both really cute! I made mine from the same pin!

I made it!
No, I didn't. So I was wondering, just how DO you applique? Does anyone know of a good place where I can find some free patterns or instructions? And is there anywhere I can see photos of all your stuff?
My aren't we sassy! :rotfl:

You need two monitors Teresa! It's the coolest! I can post on thread 14 whilst watching for thread 15 to appear! Or I could, if I had no life and was worried about getting left behind by my imaginary friends...
:rotfl2:
I though G was bad with all his computers!

Yes, our girls grow UP, not OUT! My son is worse; I actually took out size 4T swimsuits and shorts out of his closet and he is NINE! I think I need to start sneaking raw eggs in his chocolate milk or something.
Sounds like Nikki! I don't think she EVER grew OUT. i just measured her for the Faith double layer top and in that top she measures a 5/6 at 9! Though with how she has eaten the past week at my mom's i am surprised she isn't growing out..

I took a couple of quick pictures

Here is the front of the sundress (still needs the straps)
100_9729.jpg

I also made a matching doll dress, hairbows and necklace
100_9731.jpg
So cute! I love the fabric choices.

Here's the rework of the pink frill skirt. I'm much happier with it now. The proportions seem closer to the original. I actually didn't change it a lot aside from the change of the print used for the bottom 'swag' and using a dark pink for the rolled edge finish. It's about an inch mostly due to taking it apart and having to straighten the edges plus losing a little when I redid the rolled edge.

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Oh, I also reduced the bulk of the lace overlay layers. This is the one I first made for the skirt (with a new rolled edge) but I tried a fuller layer to replace it in hopes it would help the skirt. Now I think the
Love your stuff.

Here's what I did for her comb:

mulan1.jpg

I based it on this Disney pin:

pin8352
great!

Thanks Karen! It took me forever to get through the g pages you guys have burned through.
We are 2 cm and progressing. Possibly some fluid and definitely some show so since were an hour away we are doing what we can to help it along. The MW ready to send us home just yet. So we'll make another evaluation around 2am

Thanks for not ditching me.

Anna love the new dress...too cute!
T good luck! Have a safe easy delivery and a healthy baby! :love::love:

Okay you guys have been way to chatty the last few days. :confused3 I finally caught up to see you 6 pages into a new post. I lost all my quotes. Well, it took me a while to log on to this thread. I always forget my password.

So cute, as usual!!! I love all your designs! Here is my Mickey as Jack Sparrow. Dena digitized it for me from a disney pin!

4may2009043.jpg
That is great!

Thanks for the Help Ladies!! I'm done!! With the applique part anyway! I got it all sewed together and I ran the basting stitches, Then realized how late it is!! I have to take sophia to her first dance class in the am so I'm done for the night! All I have left to do it to attach the skirt. Wait I also need to put something on the hem. I guess I'll figure that out later! I gotta go to sleep. Oh and here's a picture of the lotus bloom:
DSCF5293.jpg

DSCF5294.jpg

It's also my 10 year anniversary today! :bride: :groom:
Beautiful!!!!!!

Jessica, Can I post some of the pictures of our day together????

is anyones etsy ID "mommiemade" from here?? If so please PM me!!
thanks!!
Amy

I'm here! Great stuff posted in just 6 pages. Love captain jack and can't wait to see mulan.

I am off to get Kristine- she is in a real move and will miss this one.

I'm here! Great stuff posted in just 6 pages. Love captain jack and can't wait to see mulan.

Always thinking of others! I saw she posted last night and can't wait for them to move! Hope the move goes well Kristine!

What did you end up getting sewn the other week Stacy?

-------

I just finished reading quickly the last 10 pages of the other thread!

Love the AG doll outfts Cindee! Morgan looked so cute with all the dolls! Love the dalmation outfit too! Those starts did match perfectly!

---------

Oh great! Now, I forget what else I had to say!! Besides there so many cute things posted!

Oh wow..a new thread, and I am already behind! Our trip is just a little over a month away and I am trying to spend more time sewing in between the kids' activities, and breaking up fights between them!!

I didn't get to go back and catch up on the previous thread, but love the Mulan outfit!!

I love it with the darker pink rolled hem! Did you tell us what the top is going to be?

The flamingos are a Fabric Finders fabric. I love their fabric. http://www.peanutbutter-n-jellykids.com/shop/childrenscornerpatterns03.htm#Callie Several websites sell their patterns. I see that it ends in a size 6 though. I'm going to make it and see how it turns out. I've never made it because I've never just found fabric and thought it would fit that pattern. I guess that is why I have alot of patterns I have not used.

Wow, I almost glad that most of those patterns are for little ones, because they are soooo cute! I hope your shoulder feels better, listen to the doctor because I have heard shoulder surgery is not fun!

Cute! I love the baby Mulan! Happy anniversary!

Guess it happened yesterday! I was busy working....they convinced me to stay at the Great Wolf Lodge..... Page 7...WOW

Area sewers. Wow, how many Lafourche/Terrebonne people do we have out here? I'm in the Central Lafourche area.

Toadstool is Lafourche & I notice there is a Coteau.

I need to know where is the best place to buy fabric around here. I can't find any pink w/ white polka-dot. I need a Minnie from the Clubhouse dress for DD & I don't necessarily want to order any online.

Did you let Kristine know about the move? OIf not, I'll send her a pm with the link. We can't leave our girl behind!:cutie:

Ok, I'm tired and going to bed. I will post pics tomorrow of the Dalmation outfit I made for the spotted child :-)lmao:)

For the SPOTTED CHILD! :rotfl: That turned out really cute!

Here's the rework of the pink frill skirt. I'm much happier with it now. The proportions seem closer to the original. I actually didn't change it a lot aside from the change of the print used for the bottom 'swag' and using a dark pink for the rolled edge finish. It's about an inch mostly due to taking it apart and having to straighten the edges plus losing a little when I redid the rolled edge.

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Oh, I also reduced the bulk of the lace overlay layers. This is the one I first made for the skirt (with a new rolled edge) but I tried a fuller layer to replace it in hopes it would help the skirt. Now I think the

:worship::worship: BEAUTIFUL! I really love the little punch that the rolled edge gave - GREAT skirt. You REALLY need to think about making a pattern for this!

So cute, as usual!!! I love all your designs! Here is my Mickey as Jack Sparrow. Dena digitized it for me from a disney pin!

4may2009043.jpg

I just saw that design last night and thought of you! I love how it stitched out. Really cute!

Thanks for the Help Ladies!! I'm done!! With the applique part anyway! I got it all sewed together and I ran the basting stitches, Then realized how late it is!! I have to take sophia to her first dance class in the am so I'm done for the night! All I have left to do it to attach the skirt. Wait I also need to put something on the hem. I guess I'll figure that out later! I gotta go to sleep. Oh and here's a picture of the lotus bloom:
DSCF5293.jpg

DSCF5294.jpg

It's also my 10 year anniversary today! :bride: :groom:

I can't wait to see the finished product. Great job!

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Oh, I also reduced the bulk of the lace overlay layers. This is the one I first made for the skirt (with a new rolled edge) but I tried a fuller layer to replace it in hopes it would help the skirt.

Lisa, it looks great!! Can't wait to see it finished!

oh man, for some reason during the move I lost all my quotes. The only one I remember was my reply to:

LisaZoe:

Here is the front of the dress, I posted it and then a few posts later you posted your Jasmine and mine looked so sad compared to the one you did! The eyes are really difficult form me. I love how large you make your designs and I think that might make the eyes easier form me! We'll see, my next project is Ursula.

IMG_6954.jpg

I love this! it looks great to me!

DSCF5287.jpg

DSCF5288.jpg

DSCF5290.jpg

DSCF5291.jpg

The last panel will be blue. I just can't decide what to put on it!!

I can't wait to see this finished!

Here's what I did for her comb:

mulan1.jpg

I based it on this Disney pin:

pin8352

pink_frills2-1.jpg

Lisa, your work is just AMAZING! Love the new version of the skirt and that Mulan is PERFECT!

I took a couple of quick pictures

Here is the front of the sundress (still needs the straps)
100_9729.jpg

I also made a matching doll dress, hairbows and necklace
100_9731.jpg

Cindee this is just sooo cute! And jewelry and dolly? You are such a good mommy!:thumbsup2

I use a fabric pen that washes away to draw the eyelashes first and then stitch along the lines. It might be easiest to do them with hand embroidery to start. You can also use a straight stitch on your machine. I do that more often now than by hand because I have trouble doing much stitching by hand anymore (darn that aging process :rotfl:). I use a short stitch length and go slowly over the marks. Once I get to the end of the eyelash, I stop with the needle down and turn the fabric so I can stitch back over the same line. Here's one where I did the lashes on the machine. I think I went over the line 2 times out and back stopping before the end the second time so the lash looks more tapered to the end.

minnie11.jpg

LOVE this too!

Okay you guys have been way to chatty the last few days. :confused3 I finally caught up to see you 6 pages into a new post. I lost all my quotes. Well, it took me a while to log on to this thread. I always forget my password.

Everything in the last few days has been incredible!! I am so impressed with everyone's skills! It's like everyone just keeps getting better and better!

T, I can't wait for the baby to come!!! Come on baby dust!!

That is so cute!! I can' wait to see the finished dress!

4may2009043.jpg

I so LOVE that skirt. If you can't get rid of it, you can send it to me for miss kadie! :rotfl2:

That is beautiful too! Like I said, I love all your designs!!! I tried hand embroidery (before I figured out my machine) and it would show through the fabric. :scared1:

That turned out sooo cute!

Hi All...

I tried to read through the last thread but found myself really just looking at all the great things that everyone made towards the end. You are a very talented bunch and have inspired me to learn to applique and brush up on my sewing skills. I have a few things that I want to get started on and keep finding more things that I want to do.

I have done a few test samples of the applique, it is difficult for me because I have an older machine but don't think it is out of the realm of possiblities. I am also looking for a pattern... I am really not sure what you call it so I think that is where I am having a problem. I would like to make a dress for my daughter using the top of a t shirt and fabric on the bottom... I have been callling it a t shirt dress... Does anyone have any ideas where I could find one? I have not looked at Joanns yet but I hope to get there later. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Once I get some stuff done I will post some pics and join in but for now I just love everything yall do... they are wonderfull.

Deanna

I made it....finally...better late than never.

T! I hope all is going well! Can't wait to see pics of the new one!

Lisa - I love that pink skirt!

I love the Mulan! (forgot who is working on that one!) It is so pretty!

update on my puppy...he is doing great! He can walk all on his own from the front of the house to the back. Tim still has to pick up all 86 pounds of him to carry him outside. We are still not "out of the woods" with him just yet. He has to get strong enough to walk on the leg which will still be a while, in the mean time he has to walk on 3 legs and that will risk him tearing his other ACL...say a prayer for him...Katie worries by the minute about him!

Thanks for all or the compliments on the kids outfits from my mini-TR! I will try to finish up soon....we have just been going non-stop since we got home! I really would love to do some sewing soon. I want to try some of Carla's new patterns....may even make a top for me! Thank goodness it comes in fluffy sizes too!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter