Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not in the expo center anymore, they moved the photo session to the shop that used to be Tinkerbelle's treasures on the fantasyland side of the castle across from Sir Mickeys; forward and to the left from BBB toward fantasyland (sorry, can't remember the name now) anyway, it's completely redone, and there's a studio there.

I'm confused. Is everyone suppose to be able to get these photo sessions or just certain packages? We did the package last year with Katie where we had her hair, nails and makeup done... but we were not told anything about the photo session. Is it because we brought our own dress? Thanks!

I just got my Amazon order in the mail yesterday with the Sewing clothes Kids Love book and I also got another great sewing book called Sew Serendipity: Fresh and Pretty Designs to Make and Wear by Kay Whitt. If you want to sew for yourself, this is a great book! It has a skirt, dress/tunic and coat/jacket pattern included plus it shows how to alter patterns to make them fit you!! She gives some helpful tips - like putting in an invisible zipper (which is also on her blog) I just love this book!

Her blog is:

http://blog.sewserendipity.com/

I've been in lurker mode lately, but things are moving slow today so I'll add. Here are some crayon bags I made for a Big Give:

I love all these! The crayon bags are great! The Tinks are so pretty, I love the colors.

I just voted for Zoey again and while I was at it I went here

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=12907&s=3102222&i=1&r=355601

and voted for Teresa

Now, I have to go to work, Yuck!

Thanks so much! :lovestruc

Got a quick pair of pyjamas done up for a customer last night. I really like this shark camo fabric that I found.

37564_471985685328_743780328_6794243_5523751_n.jpg
That is really cute!

HOOP ENVY!!!!:rotfl: My machine is only a 4x4! lol...they are so cute though!! I was thinking I could make them for my patients at the hospital sometime!!

If I win that contest, I'll make some up and send them to you! :thumbsup2

These are absolutely FABULOUS!!! You are very talented!

Well, it looks like I am about to get a lot more free time! DIL has just informed me that she and her part of the family are not going to be wearing matching t shirts this trip...while it would have been nice to tell me this BEFORE I started making them...I guess I no longer have to worry about the 90 something T shirts I was making and all the customs I had started!

See, if I let them off the hook, hubby is going to back out as well, then I'm sure my DS will not want to either...ah the domino effect!

(however DIL has given me about 3 quilts she wants me to do ...in the next 3 weeks!)

Maybe it is time to stop being the 'nice' mother in law!

Nini

You are WAY too nice.

I haven't sewn much at all since before our trip in May. This pregnancy was a little more difficult than I had anticipated. My sewing chair just kills my back. So, I am feeling much better this week and decided to go through the "UFO" box (UFO=unfinished objects...lol) I had awful insomnia last night so I got all of these things out of the bin! Some just needed button holes and buttons but a few of the criss cross halters were cut and barely sewn.
DSC01740.jpg

At least I feel a little accomplished and hopefully back on track somewhat until Emily arrives!

WOW!!! You are good! I love that Criss Cross pattern.
Well, 1.5 outfits done....

The Feliz without the overdress....
DSC00683.jpg
th_DSC00686.jpg

And my first Audrey. LOVED this pattern and how finished/professional everything about it is. Also, LOVE Lisa's ruffle method much more than my old method. If only DD loved the skirt as much as I do :confused3. By the way, it's much more purpler (LOL) than in the pictures
DSC00679.jpg
th_DSC00681.jpg

Thanks for looking
MMM

I LOOOVE the Feliz! Those fabrics are wonderful!
THE Audrey is beautiful! That has become one of my favorite patterns.

So cute!!! I love it!

And I made a "back to school" dress for my DGD that is starting Kindergarten.
I used Nana's Retro Pinafore for the top and a Portrait Peasant for the underdress. I am going to use this pattern for Christmas aprons as well...it was sooooooo easy!!
th_SDC14211.jpg

The BTS dress turned out really great!

It has been such a long time since I posted and I just don't feel I will ever be able to catch up with all the cute and wonderful creations posted here.

Our trip to DL was super and we had fun being all matchy matchy. We got comments on our outfits somedays and others not at all. I am sure the Jedi shirts really did help get my kids picked for the training.

We have about 5 more days with DD before she leaves us once again for her summer home in Maine and then onto her home in Florida. Perhaps someday she will be with us permanently.

So off to float the river and play hard while we can.

I'm sorry you don't get to be with your daughter more. :hug:

I just finished up a few dresses for 2 little girls going in August. They turned out super cute. Except for the Snow White cape I totally CASEd!

th_SnowWhite.jpg

th_Cindypink.jpg

I got the bird applique from bowsandclothes.com. It stitched out really nice! I am loving my new machine!

Thanks!

GORGEOUS!!! I love your pink Cindy!

DD is currently in a theater camp and all the campers attended a dress rehersal for High School Musical 2 (a production in the works prior to her camp starting -- dd is not a part of the play). So I had to order fabric off :wizard: and get this whipped up (had to keep it simple due to lack of time).
th_027.jpg

She looks beautiful in her dress!!!
Ahh,.. those fickle 7 year olds changing their career goals like that!! :rotfl:

Hello I know none of the ladies on here sell their designs on disboards, so I tried to find a few of you on ebay with no such luck. As i was looking I did run across a few homemade Disney dresses/outfits but they were priced in the 40's and 50 price range. Is that the going price for these cute dresses? Please someone help me understand this. I do not sew and I have a 2yr old that I would like to get about 2 dresses for. We will be in Disney in Oct.

Depending on the detail, that sounds like a pretty reasonable price. A simpler dress like a peasant might be less. Check out siggyies for Etsy shops.

When are you going? We will be there Oct. 15-22.

I just finished this tink skirt for my dd. It was more challenging to make than I anticipated, but I prevailed. :cool1: The pic was taken with my cell phone in not the best light so the colors don't show accurately. She wants me to make a petti to go under it and we want to attempt to do a simple hand applique for a shirt. Also, I got my ruffler foot yesterday, so I think I will go play with that now. I'll let you all know how it works out.
38533_1466753103674_1078945442_1336705_3734527_n.jpg

If making the petti doesn't work out, let me know. ;)

I'm confused. Is everyone suppose to be able to get these photo sessions or just certain packages? We did the package last year with Katie where we had her hair, nails and makeup done... but we were not told anything about the photo session. Is it because we brought our own dress? Thanks!

Anyone should be able to get them, even if you don't go to BBB. I had them take Lyddie's picture once when we didn't do BBB. The BBB girls get first priority though.

If you buy the package that includes the dress you get free print(s) (I don't remember the exact details because we brought our own clothes)....but EVERYONE can go to the studio and get their photos taken by a PHotopass Photographer. Then you have the choice of buying their overpriced prints or of having all those lovely photos from the before/during/reveal of the BBB and the studio portraits including on your PHotopass CD....the same one that will include all your park photos for your entire stay. There are pre-purchase coupons floating around that bring the price down to $99 I think...which while expensive, is still better than the $15 per print that Disney charges, plus with the PHoto CD you get to add embellishment online before you order your CD.

I don't know why the BBB folks don't tell everyone about the studio photos...maybe because it would overhwelm the photographer, lol....not sure. At the DTD facility it was right outside the BBB so it was pretty easy to know about, but the castle BBB was so far away from the tucked away in the Photopass store studio...and even now if it's in a separate store even if it is closer to the castle. I can't tell you how many people I have told about the studio photos who had no idea! It's really sad. But, Disney has a bad habit of not really telling people clearly about everything there is to offer....I shudder to think how much less of an experience we would have had if I hadn't found the Disboards before our first trip. Honestly, it was all the tips and tricks and ideas that I got from here that I never got from Disney's website that made our trip full to the brim with pixie dust.

But, then again, it's not like Disney is hurting for business, or BBB for that matter.....so I guess their marketing folks just don't work too hard on it. Sad.

Okay, now that I have actually SEWN something, I feel I can show my face around here again. ;)

FINALLY finished the dress for a future photo session for me, my DD, and my mom (hopefully to take place in the next month or so)....here is a picture of it!

38282_10150225028995074_850315073_14013270_4908386_n.jpg

37896_10150225029065074_850315073_14013273_1986506_n.jpg

It was a Simplicity pattern and I did the 1/2 size.

NOW I can start working on the 9 outfits I have planned for our December Disney trip. But first I need to practice my applique techniques....and having a working printer would be a great first step in that direction. LOL

Hello everyone.

I am not sewing this week or for a while as I fell last Saturday and have severely sprained my ankle. I tried to use the pedal with my left foot and it is a no go. I am a right footed person. So I am going to try my hand at bow making while I am propped up and healing. I will post pics as soon as they are done.

wish me luck.

Hello everyone.

I am not sewing this week or for a while as I fell last Saturday and have severely sprained my ankle. I tried to use the pedal with my left foot and it is a no go. I am a right footed person. So I am going to try my hand at bow making while I am propped up and healing. I will post pics as soon as they are done.

wish me luck.

Good luck! I hope you get to feeling better. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Okay, I just got done playing with my ruffler foot.

What a neat tool to have. :cheer2: Just takes some practice and I used the free Carla C ruffler foot tutorial on YCMT.

My ruffler started giving me trouble about a week ago w/ some loose thread on the back. I was freaked out & took my machine to the shop. After the man played w/ my machine for 2+hrs he figured out that my ruffler likes more expensive thread.

So here is a heads up. If it gives you trouble after a year or so, try more expensive thread. Who knew that a ruffler could be a DIVA!:laughing:

Hi Everyone....Just wanted to share some exciting news and give a drive by post. Last week some of my boutique items were picked up by a boutique on the east end of Long Island, and today I had a meeting at another boutique on the harbor in a neighboring town to the one I live in & they are going to carry a bunch of my items too! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

On a side note, I have been mia for the past few days as my dd Gianna was stunting during her cheer practice and the other girl base-ing with her fell into her & that girls front tooth ended up in Gianna's forehead. After 3 hours in the ER and a few stitches later we are getting back to normal. But that means no camp for her all week (no work time for me), no swimming, cheer, trampoline, etc for a week (at least). I guess I am getting a taste of what it is like being an all star cheer mom :scared1: :cheer2:

Everyone's latest creations look great, I need to get in gear, my trip is slowly creeping up and I have made next to nothing!!!

Have a great weekend all!

One more vida completed for a customer...
37775_1152710154739_1737227318_277174_3427507_n.jpg

39677_1152710194740_1737227318_277175_7710854_n.jpg

Ellen, that is adorable! I like your choice of fabrics.

Okay, now that I have actually SEWN something, I feel I can show my face around here again. ;)

FINALLY finished the dress for a future photo session for me, my DD, and my mom (hopefully to take place in the next month or so)....here is a picture of it!

th_38282_10150225028995074_850315073_14013270_4908386_n.jpg

It was a Simplicity pattern and I did the 1/2 size.

NOW I can start working on the 9 outfits I have planned for our December Disney trip. But first I need to practice my applique techniques....and having a working printer would be a great first step in that direction. LOL
That is really cute! What are you wearing for the picture?

Hello everyone.

wish me luck.

Oh no!!! OUCH! I hope you feel better fast!
My ruffler started giving me trouble about a week ago w/ some loose thread on the back. I was freaked out & took my machine to the shop. After the man played w/ my machine for 2+hrs he figured out that my ruffler likes more expensive thread.

So here is a heads up. If it gives you trouble after a year or so, try more expensive thread. Who knew that a ruffler could be a DIVA!:laughing:

LOL! :rotfl:

Hi Everyone....Just wanted to share some exciting news and give a drive by post. Last week some of my boutique items were picked up by a boutique on the east end of Long Island, and today I had a meeting at another boutique on the harbor in a neighboring town to the one I live in & they are going to carry a bunch of my items too! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

On a side note, I have been mia for the past few days as my dd Gianna was stunting during her cheer practice and the other girl base-ing with her fell into her & that girls front tooth ended up in Gianna's forehead. After 3 hours in the ER and a few stitches later we are getting back to normal. But that means no camp for her all week (no work time for me), no swimming, cheer, trampoline, etc for a week (at least). I guess I am getting a taste of what it is like being an all star cheer mom :scared1: :cheer2:

Everyone's latest creations look great, I need to get in gear, my trip is slowly creeping up and I have made next to nothing!!!

Have a great weekend all!

Oh wow, I'm glad it wasn't worse, but OWIE! Your poor daughter!

Congrats on the boutique!!! That is very exciting!

Been there...done that...my daughter was a base and had so many girls fall on her causing injuries, we joked that she has her own exam room at the hospital ER!:rotfl:::rotfl2:rotfl::rotfl2:

OMGoodness, what a hassle for you. Glad it turned out to be an "inexpensive" fix. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, in Carla's tutorial, she says to use a "high quality polyester thread to reduce breakage".

Hey guys!
I keep getting on here to look at all of the cuteness. Then, I don't get a chance to post anything before I'm off doing something else. So, I just wanted to post a :wave: and a big :hug: to all of you!
I miss chatting with you!

ok so I got 3 done I think they turned out great :confused3 but what do I know? I am knew to this whole bow making , clothes making boutique stuff :D

Getting ready to start:
37648_147250481954767_100000094487162_432401_346394_n.jpg

16 Ribbons ready to bake:
39763_147250238621458_100000094487162_432399_2332609_n.jpg

Finished Products:
37913_147249981954817_100000094487162_432398_44933_n.jpg

39104_147249755288173_100000094487162_432396_1323884_n.jpg

Just curious do most of you ladies own Brother 60-stitch CS6000i Computerized Sewing Machine found at walmart for 147.54 ? Would you considered this a good starter machine? Never sewn before but would like to give it a try and see where it goes.

Disneymom1218 can I ask where did you find the instructions to do them? They came out beautiful :thumbsup2
I searched for hair bow tutorials on youtube and found quite a few. Thank you for the compliment. I am very proud and I am ready to buy out all the grosgrain ribbon at walmart, Michaels and Hancock fabrics LOL.

ok so I got 3 done I think they turned out great :confused3 but what do I know? I am knew to this whole bow making , clothes making boutique stuff :D

Getting ready to start:
37648_147250481954767_100000094487162_432401_346394_n.jpg

16 Ribbons ready to bake:
39763_147250238621458_100000094487162_432399_2332609_n.jpg

Finished Products:
37913_147249981954817_100000094487162_432398_44933_n.jpg

39104_147249755288173_100000094487162_432396_1323884_n.jpg

THose ribbons ROCK!!!!!!!!! Did the baking stink up your house? Was it hard to actually do? I love them!!!!

So, finally heard about my serger $50 for the part and labor.....sound legit to you girls?????

Im really working on a DL trip!!! And, it looks like it will be just when their Christmas stuff is starting? It will be just DH and I .....do you think I'll need short or long sleeved shirts????

Disneymom1218 can I ask where did you find the instructions to do them? They came out beautiful :thumbsup2

There is a link to a tutorial in the bookmarks on page 1`of the thread...not sure if the process is exactly the same, but I have used some of the other bow making bookmarks on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter