Disboutiquers Part 9 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew CLOSED/MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies and Tom!

Just back from our Disney cruise and I had to pop in for two reasons:

1) To offer a great big THANK YOU to all of you for inspiring me to learn to sew. I made matching outfits for my kidlets for each day of the cruise, plus a dress for my daughter for formal night - I'm so proud of myself! They're simple things - easy fit capris/shorts and appliqued tees, mostly - but I MADE THEM. When one of the counselors in the kids' club tried to put a Minnie dress on Celeste after hearing that Minnie was her favorite, Celeste balked and said "But my Mommy made this dress! I don't want to cover up the pretty dress my Mommy made me!" :lovestruc

2) To share this photo:

0810010164-1.jpg

I don't suppose anybody who posts on this thread will be insane with jealousy to see my little one snuggled up to a certain gentleman named Brent, right? :laughing:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
I love that movie!! :lovestruc

Tom- :scared1: :worship: You are the king of the twirly skirts!!!
That's is A L O T of Squares!!!!
They look SO cute the girls are going to love them!! The bag is really great too!!

Denise- I hope tomorrow is Better!! :flower3: :hug: And that every day after is better too!!

Crystal- The twirly jumper looks cute. They are alot of work though aren't they!!

Time to head to work see ya later gators!!
Thanks for all of the compliments you guys. And yes they are a lot of work to make. I love the end result though. I had bought all of those fabrics, because they matched and I liked them, but I didn't have nay clue of what I was going to make with them until I actually sat down with them. That will be Jenna's Turkey-day dress. There is a peasant top to go under it and I figured that she could wear her jeans with it.

I am here!

Boo hooo.... I thought DH got tickets for MNSSHP and he thought I got them. Now it's sold out. I guess we won't be going. :sad2: But we will be at disneyland on the 17th, its my birthday, so we are going one way or the other!!!

Sue

Well keep an eye out for us on the 17th! We'll probably be park hopping back and forth! I'll post customs before we leave so you'll know what to look out for, but I'm thinking the 17th will be our Halloween themed day.

you know on a NBC custom I prefer the black, white and greys. and all shades and colors. I am not a big fan of the color fabric, but I love the others.
lori

Oh... we are do the 16th for mickeys trick or treat darn it... but if you see us all bopping around in customs say hello... do you have a ressis for character dinning?

Luke's birthday is the 16th so we have dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. We also booked breakfast at Plaza Inn but I've forgotten when :confused3 Have you done breakfast at Storyteller's? We love it there too.

I am finally done making all four twirl skirts for the HoganSteph MAW Big Give. Phew, 308 squares total!

I also made Mom a handbag to match her little ones. I figure she deserves it! I couldn't imaging dealing with that many small ones at one time!

Steph is helping me out by making the appliqued t-shirts. I couldn't find any short sleeve t's around here at all. I
Thank you Steph!

HSMAW001.jpg

HSMAW004.jpg

Gorgeous! That bag is amazing! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hi ladies and Tom!

1) To offer a great big THANK YOU to all of you for inspiring me to learn to sew. I made matching outfits for my kidlets for each day of the cruise, plus a dress for my daughter for formal night - I'm so proud of myself! They're simple things - easy fit capris/shorts and appliqued tees, mostly - but I MADE THEM. When one of the counselors in the kids' club tried to put a Minnie dress on Celeste after hearing that Minnie was her favorite, Celeste balked and said "But my Mommy made this dress! I don't want to cover up the pretty dress my Mommy made me!" :lovestruc

2) To share this photo:

0810010164-1.jpg

I don't suppose anybody who posts on this thread will be insane with jealousy to see my little one snuggled up to a certain gentleman named Brent, right? :laughing:

How fun! Love the outfit! Is it sad that I recognized Brent right away? :lmao: I think he is unwittingly a member of the disboutiquers.

Well keep an eye out for us on the 17th! We'll probably be park hopping back and forth! I'll post customs before we leave so you'll know what to look out for, but I'm thinking the 17th will be our Halloween themed day.

Luke's birthday is the 16th so we have dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. We also booked breakfast at Plaza Inn but I've forgotten when :confused3 Have you done breakfast at Storyteller's? We love it there too.
we are doing minnies friday morning, ariels friday night and storytellers sat morning. we love storytellers! Seriously the best Buffet ever. We are also eathing there for thanksgiving dinner on the next trip!!!
Lori

Hi ladies and Tom!

2) To share this photo:

0810010164-1.jpg

This is too funny I saw it and was like ( Wow Brent myst live on DCL! ):rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am finally done making all four twirl skirts for the HoganSteph MAW Big Give. Phew, 308 squares total!

I also made Mom a handbag to match her little ones. I figure she deserves it! I couldn't imaging dealing with that many small ones at one time!

Steph is helping me out by making the appliqued t-shirts. I couldn't find any short sleeve t's around here at all. I
Thank you Steph!

HSMAW001.jpg

HSMAW004.jpg

Tom, these are really cute. Can't you just see them all walking together? How adorable is that?! I love the bag to. Looks like it's quilted to.

See, I said I was leaving and I really am...BUT Lisazoe told me a tip that quilters use for patches. I did it w/ my patchwork twirl NO BIG DEAL!! (though you still have to ruffle for forever;) ) Cut strips the width you need to cut your squares x the length of the fabric. sew the strips together, serge the seams then use your rotary cutter to cut the new piece into strips forming your squares. Sew them together to form your tiers. Does that make sense??? I only needed 2 strips of each fabric and frankly I could have sewn all 10 strips together instead of doing 5 and 5 (since it graduates in multiples of 2)then I would have had less to cut and sew:headache:
For reals, yo...I'm out, late

I'm thinking she's taken some quilting classes! :lmao:

Hi ladies and Tom!

2) To share this photo:

0810010164-1.jpg

I've never been on the Disney Cruise and I recognized hime right away!:rotfl:

Your favorite lurker popping in! Usually I come and just look at all of the beautiful outfits BUTTTTTTT this time that hottie from the boat caught my eye. Brent is it? Who is that man? The Captain? I'm telling DH we are taking a cruise....on that guys ship! LOL! By the way, that's a cute little outfit that you made for your daughter. Thanks for sharing the pic of the nice looking man in the uniform too! :rotfl:

Your favorite lurker popping in! Usually I come and just look at all of the beautiful outfits BUTTTTTTT this time that hottie from the boat caught my eye. Brent is it? Who is that man? The Captain? I'm telling DH we are taking a cruise....on that guys ship! LOL! By the way, that's a cute little outfit that you made for your daughter. Thanks for sharing the pic of the nice looking man in the uniform too! :rotfl:

I see in your siggy you are going in oct.. have you left yet? and I love the cindy outfit in your siggy. tooo cute!

Thank you Steph!

th_HSMAW001.jpg

th_HSMAW004.jpg

Wow! Awesome as usual, Tom!

We are going October 24th - Nov. 1 :yay: 18 more days!! Thank you for the compliment - my daughter loves dressing up!

Thank you Steph!

HSMAW001.jpg

HSMAW004.jpg

Wow! They look great, and I love the idea of the matching bag.

Hi guys! I made it over! Betterlate than never.

TOM those skirt are amazing x4 !!!!

I have been sooooo busy lately but i finally have something to share. I got the feliz pattern. The first one I made was way to big, but this one came out ok:
DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

My problem is this. I really like it better with the petti, but I don't have one to match. What do you guys think??

I have been sooooo busy lately but i finally have something to share. I got the feliz pattern. The first one I made was way to big, but this one came out ok:
th_DSCF0063.jpg

My problem is this. I really like it better with the petti, but I don't have one to match. What do you guys think??

I think it is great. I love the colors the ruffles are awesome.
Lori

we are doing minnies friday morning, ariels friday night and storytellers sat morning. we love storytellers! Seriously the best Buffet ever. We are also eathing there for thanksgiving dinner on the next trip!!!
Lori

Storytellers is the best!!! We had dinner there last friday night. It was sooooo yummy!!! And all the desserts!!!! We had ress for Ariels friday for lunch. We were making a Vida dress and the applique was taking just a little too long. So we changed our ressies to afternoon... the appliques still took too long. Poor little Kadie didn't get to have lunch with the princess's for her birthday. :confused3 So we ended up at Storytellers and she was perfectly fine! We never got the Vida finished and it was a good thing. It was COLD friday night!:scared1: She would have been there in a sundress! She will now wear her Vida dress to disney on ice that her mom won tickets to!!!:yay:

Sue

do you have all your outfits set... Not sure if I have seen pics.
Lori

Lori, yes I think we are set (I still finding myself buying stuff though - it's bad)! I am addicted to disney customs. I can't sew but I make shoes :) I don't have to use a needle and thread on them! Steph from here has made my daughter outfits...I'll post one (sorry Steph, I hope I'm not embarrassing you showing off a cute outfit you made for Avery again)! I need to take some pics of all the outfits for our trip...I haven't sone that yet. I will and post them!

Steph AK outfit **she wouldn't look at the camera when I had her try it on** (I made some little shoes to match):
IMG_0096.jpg

OMG!!! You have got to be kidding me! I don;t hook up on the thread for 4 hours and I have 6 pages to go through!! :headache:

You people talk WAY too much!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

so true!

Howdy neighbor! Yes I am LDS, "all things relief society" :lmao: yeah, pretty much, except for Relief Society itself. I've been stuck in the nursery forever.

Stuck? STUCK!?!?!?!? I Love the nursery! (But honestly.... could I take it for years??? eh...... maybe, maybe not! :rotfl2: )There are sweet little kiddles in there that LOVE you unconditionally (although, I will admit they can be a little smelly at times). They give you hugs when you give them an animal cracker and don't throw you the evil eye if you tell them no! IMHO this is one of the BEST places to be- but what I do right now is the best place- CTR 8. YUP!!! FUN!!

Nursery, I would love the Nursery, I was Primary Pres for 5 years in an all boys branch and then Mike and I have been teaching 13 14-17year old boys in Sunday School now for a year!
-Denise

Denise- we are kindred spirits you and I!!

Mytwotinks-Denise- I need more detail..... DO TELL WHAT HAPPENED with Riley at school and the "teacher"!!! (You good mommy, you!)

JHAM, I use to go to the nursery instead of being with the women. I just liked it better. As it has been said the unconditional love is wonderful. They are such sweet spirits.

I am not but live in a 90% LDS community. When I lived in 3rd ward they invited me and my family to everything. We were even in the directory. I loved learning how to make and bake sweet rolls and how to scrapbook. They sisters were wonderful and they welcomed me.

Now in a different town in 2nd ward you would think I have 666 on my forhead! We are not even welcome. It has been years and they won't step foot on my doorstep, not even the Elders. Oh well. I miss the Sisters but know that I can go back to 3rd ward if I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter