Discount on Memory Maker for DVC/AP?

ML_LovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I googled this and did not come up with answers for 2024, all answers seemed to be from 2022/2023. Do DVC members or AP holders get discount on Memory Maker? I usually never buy, but we are doing a large family trip in July and I'd like to have it.

Well, sorta. If you are an AP holder, you can get PhotoPass added on to the AP for $99. The PhotoPass is good while the AP is active. If you have more than one AP in your group, you only need one person to have the PhotoPass add-on. We've done this for a couple years now, and have had large groups with us - and all the photos taken were available for download to the MDE account of the person with PP (and then those photos can be shared with everyone later). I'm not exactly sure what's involved in having it added after you purchased, but I expect it can be done.... since we're familiar with PP, I'm not sure if there are any DVC/AP discounts for MM. But PhotoPass has been priceless for us - pictures by Disney photographers, ride photos, we did Capture The Moment (all those pics were included), etc. Hundreds of family photos from individuals to the entire group - make sure you get it!

Not sure if that helps you out or not! Have a great trip. The memories we have from several large family trips are amazing.....

Well, sorta. If you are an AP holder, you can get PhotoPass added on to the AP for $99. The PhotoPass is good while the AP is active. If you have more than one AP in your group, you only need one person to have the PhotoPass add-on. We've done this for a couple years now, and have had large groups with us - and all the photos taken were available for download to the MDE account of the person with PP (and then those photos can be shared with everyone later). I'm not exactly sure what's involved in having it added after you purchased, but I expect it can be done.... since we're familiar with PP, I'm not sure if there are any DVC/AP discounts for MM. But PhotoPass has been priceless for us - pictures by Disney photographers, ride photos, we did Capture The Moment (all those pics were included), etc. Hundreds of family photos from individuals to the entire group - make sure you get it!

Not sure if that helps you out or not! Have a great trip. The memories we have from several large family trips are amazing.....
Thank you! I will call the Disney AP line and see if I can add it :)

Confirmed, added for $105.43 with the tax! This is a pretty great deal since it covers entire time pass is active.
Awesome. Glad the info helped and glad you could add it on. We've made great use of it - but nothing like we've done on family/group trips. We no longer hesitate to stop by a Disney photographer who's taking shots with the castle behind, or Spaceship Earth behind, etc - where when we didn't have it, we'd pass by because we'd have to buy the pics. What to expect now: assuming you are the person with PP on your AP. You'll see the photos loading in your MDE account, and the pictures will be clear. Others on your Friends and Family with you will also see the photos in their MDE account (assuming everyone is linked and sharing, of course), but their version of the photos will have watermarks across them so they can see them, but it would be useless to download them. You can download yours (for up to a year, I believe, but not certain), and then share. Sorry if you already knew that part....! Have a magical trip!

Awesome. Glad the info helped and glad you could add it on. We've made great use of it - but nothing like we've done on family/group trips. We no longer hesitate to stop by a Disney photographer who's taking shots with the castle behind, or Spaceship Earth behind, etc - where when we didn't have it, we'd pass by because we'd have to buy the pics. What to expect now: assuming you are the person with PP on your AP. You'll see the photos loading in your MDE account, and the pictures will be clear. Others on your Friends and Family with you will also see the photos in their MDE account (assuming everyone is linked and sharing, of course), but their version of the photos will have watermarks across them so they can see them, but it would be useless to download them. You can download yours (for up to a year, I believe, but not certain), and then share. Sorry if you already knew that part....! Have a magical trip!
I'm glad you mentioned this: So on our trip we will have two separate rooms therefore 2 resort reservations. Since we're all linked on MDE, and I allow them to see my PhotoPass, will their PhotoPass photos show up too? For example, my kids are off without me and tap their band, will that pop up?

I'm glad you mentioned this: So on our trip we will have two separate rooms therefore 2 resort reservations. Since we're all linked on MDE, and I allow them to see my PhotoPass, will their PhotoPass photos show up too? For example, my kids are off without me and tap their band, will that pop up?
Absolutely. It works that way and is great..... Let's you see what your kids have been up to! At least where they had photos taken!!

In the "Photos" section of the MDE app, be sure that the Filter is set to include family&friends. Otherwise, it will only show your photos. One day I was grumbling at the MDE app wondering why it didn't show any pictures that were scanned with my DW's magicband. Oops, wrong filter setting! Doh!

In the "Photos" section of the MDE app, be sure that the Filter is set to include family&friends. Otherwise, it will only show your photos. One day I was grumbling at the MDE app wondering why it didn't show any pictures that were scanned with my DW's magicband. Oops, wrong filter setting! Doh!
thank you! Will check this now

While it is listed as a $99 add on to the AP it is a little misleading. I bought my AP before the most recent price increase. Disney refunded me my AP price and charged me the current AP price and $99 on top of that, so for me it was $130 extra. I am writing a letter to Disney to complain about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter