• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount Tickets

jabid02

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Does anyone have experience with DOD Contractor /DOD Civilian discount tickets? (Please note I am NOT referring to military salute tickets.) My plan was to book my Disney hotels through Disney directly, which I did already, then purchase tickets through the army base at their contractor discount rate. The lady at MWR said the tickets would be mailed. I thought all I had to do was hook them to My Disney Experience, and I'd be set to book my fastpasses 60 days out. The lady I spoke to at Disney when booking my hotel said that in order to have the 60 day privilege, I needed to buy my tickets through Disney as part of a package. I had never heard this before, I thought I needed only to be staying on-property, in fact I was rather shocked! I'd love to hear from any of you who have used DOD Contractor discount tickets - can I book FPs at 60 days? Is it worth the discount to only have a 30 day lead?? Thanks for your advice!

The lady I spoke to at Disney when booking my hotel said that in order to have the 60 day privilege, I needed to buy my tickets through Disney as part of a package.

I can't help you with the rest of your question, but no, you do not need to buy directly from Disney to get the 60 day FP. My last two ticket purchases were from Undercover Tourist and Boardwalk Ticketing, and linked the tickets to MDE just fine. As long as you have an active on-site (or Good Neighbor hotel) res, you get the 60 days. I hope someone will have some useful info about the DOD tickets.

I can't help you with the rest of your question, but no, you do not need to buy directly from Disney to get the 60 day FP. My last two ticket purchases were from Undercover Tourist and Boardwalk Ticketing, and linked the tickets to MDE just fine. As long as you have an active on-site (or Good Neighbor hotel) res, you get the 60 days. I hope someone will have some useful info about the DOD tickets.

We have always purchased tickets from DOD. They will work fine with the 60 day FPs. You do have to be staying onsite or linked to someone staying onsite. You do have to think early enough that you get them in the mail prior to the 60 days. You can contact shades of green and they will email you the order form too. When I check SOG 8 days MYW tickets were $417 and the closest base price was $424.

Thanks so much, I was so worried, but it looks like my original understanding was correct. That is great advice about SOG!

Hi everyone! Does anyone have experience with DOD Contractor /DOD Civilian discount tickets? (Please note I am NOT referring to military salute tickets.) My plan was to book my Disney hotels through Disney directly, which I did already, then purchase tickets through the army base at their contractor discount rate. The lady at MWR said the tickets would be mailed. I thought all I had to do was hook them to My Disney Experience, and I'd be set to book my fastpasses 60 days out. The lady I spoke to at Disney when booking my hotel said that in order to have the 60 day privilege, I needed to buy my tickets through Disney as part of a package. I had never heard this before, I thought I needed only to be staying on-property, in fact I was rather shocked! I'd love to hear from any of you who have used DOD Contractor discount tickets - can I book FPs at 60 days? Is it worth the discount to only have a 30 day lead?? Thanks for your advice!

I thought that the DOD Contractor / DOD Civilian discount was only for end of last year? Has it been re-released...can you share? I would be thrilled to have that option since I couldn't take advantage of it during the pilot!

I thought that the DOD Contractor / DOD Civilian discount was only for end of last year? Has it been re-released...can you share? I would be thrilled to have that option since I couldn't take advantage of it during the pilot!

Somebody else should please chime in, but from my understanding, in the past, they have extended the Military Salute tickets to civilians and contractors. That is not what this is, so to answer your question, no, they have not re-released the salute ticket extension.

This is just like a regular corporate discount for non-military employees of the DOD. If you are a DOD civilian or contractor with a valid CAC, you can ask your MWR office about the discounts, or contact Shades of Green (i think?). They are not as good as the discounts for military, but they are still really good, like better than what I saw on WorkingAdvantage or UndercoverTourist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter