Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Cheshire Figment,

:worship: You are such a great help to so many of us. Thank you. :worship:

My question: For our upcoming vacation (4/3 package) we have 7-day base NE tickets (our cost was $286.49). Our plan is to upgrade to new DVC AP's after entering the parks the first day. We have a 10% discount card and from what I've seen in your posts, we will be able to use it. Here's my calculation:

$359.97 - Gate Value of 7-day base NE ticket
$353.69 - Cost of DVC "new" AP w/10% discount card
_______
$(6.28) - credit per AP (which I wouldn't expect to receive!)
======

Is this correct? :flower3:

Where would you recommend I do this? Guest Services inside a park? Which park? I read the story about the couple several months ago who did not have a good result at Epcot & MK and I'm hoping to find a smiling CM who knows how to do the upgrade without my having to resort to tears!! :cutie:

Thanks for all your help! :hug:

I have vouchers for a 10% discount for annual passes. You have to purchase them at the park main entrance ticket windows and it must be used by 7/31/09. If interested, send me your name and address and I'll send them to you.

I just wanted to add something to this that may or may not happen.

If you're a DVC member, be sure to bring your Membership card with you when you purchase your new AP(s). I had a friend who was picking up MNSSHP tickets last October and didn't have her DVC Membership card with her and in order to get the discounted tickets, she had to take a boat launch back to Wilderness Lodge Villas, get her Membership card, take the boat launch back to the Magic Kingdom and stand in line for another 30 minutes just to pick up her tickets to the Party. She and her family missed the first hour of the Party.

So just to be safe, make sure you have your DVC Membership card with you. Otherwise, how can you prove you're entitled to the DVC member price. :banana:

I just wanted to add something to this that may or may not happen.

If you're a DVC member, be sure to bring your Membership card with you when you purchase your new AP(s). I had a friend who was picking up MNSSHP tickets last October and didn't have her DVC Membership card with her and in order to get the discounted tickets, she had to take a boat launch back to Wilderness Lodge Villas, get her Membership card, take the boat launch back to the Magic Kingdom and stand in line for another 30 minutes just to pick up her tickets to the Party. She and her family missed the first hour of the Party.

So just to be safe, make sure you have your DVC Membership card with you. Otherwise, how can you prove you're entitled to the DVC member price. :banana:

Yes - You ALWAYS have to have your DVC member card with you in order to receive any DVC perks. It is a card that I always carry with me whenever I am at WDW.

I have 4 left. Drop me an email at gkrykewy at gmail dot com, and I'll get 1 right out to you!

I'm now down to 1 card.

It would be zero but the nice lady on craigslist doesn't seem to understand that I need her street address to mail them to her.

She's like, just email them to me, and I'm like, Lady, I am NOT Willy Wonka, I can't just dematerialize the card and zap it through the air to you like a Wonka Bar! :laughing:

So far I've done two emails with her back and forth and it hasn't sunk in yet.

So if anybody wants to receive it NOT using WonkaVision, you can email me at kickapoojoiejuice@yahoo.com. :thumbsup2

I still have some cards left and would be happy to send them to anyone who needs one.

Also, someone else here can correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly for the past few years the price of AP's has gone up in early-mid August. If that's the case and this is being planned again for this year the July 31 deadline makes a lot of sense. In past years we usually hear strong rumors about AP price hikes anywhere from a week to a couple of days before it happens, so there typically isn't much, if any, warning.

If that's the case, then the July 31 deadline could be really important.

In addition to Craigslist, you might want to try listing your discount cards on Freecycle. That's where I posted and was able to deliver the last of my discount cards!

Hello,

I have 4 cards that I can mail out today. PLease let me know through PM if you are interested.
Thanks,
Suzy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter