• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts in summer

Summer is the busiest time so they do not lower prices if that what you mean. But I have never seen a hotel in Hawaii that does not have military discounts, they love the military. Hawaiians are super patriotic

Summer is the busiest time so they do not lower prices if that what you mean. But I have never seen a hotel in Hawaii that does not have military discounts, they love the military. Hawaiians are super patriotic
Businesses down here love military money because there are so many military people here. It’s a completely and capitalistic view, not patriotic. And I’m not sure how you got under the impression that Hawaiians are somehow super patriotic.

ETA: Though I'm confused if you're talking about Hawaiians, or the locals/residents. Either way, I don't think Hawaii is a noticeably patriotic state.

Last edited:
Well my husband is retired military and was hoping for a discount, guess we'll see..

I do not know anyplace that has more parades than Waikiki. About two a month. They celebrate every holiday. And they actually get people to show up and watch the parades.

I do not know anyplace that has more parades than Waikiki. About two a month. They celebrate every holiday. And they actually get people to show up and watch the parades.
Well, Waikiki is a resort town of sorts, so it makes sense they do exciting things for the tourists staying there. And a parade doesn't mean it's something patriotic. The best parades I've seen were related to Hawaii (Kamehameha, Prince Kuhio, Merrie Monarch, etc.) not the USA in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter