Disembarking and Hotel Arrival Question

likesdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi,
First time going on a cruise this year and going on Oasis. What time can I expect to arrive at my Disney Hotel after the cruise ends? Will it be an all day thing getting from Port Canaveral to Disney? Or possibly get there about lunch time?

Hi,
First time going on a cruise this year and going on Oasis. What time can I expect to arrive at my Disney Hotel after the cruise ends? Will it be an all day thing getting from Port Canaveral to Disney? Or possibly get there about lunch time?
It depends on how you are getting to WDW. You will be off the ship by about 10:00 if you don't rush. Are you renting a car, a car service, or some other type of shuttle?

Denise

You could be off the ship as early as 8:00 a.m. or earlier if you can take your own bags off. Everyone must be onshore by 9:00 a.m.

Thanks for the help. Not sure exactly how we are getting to/from port but are leaning towards a shuttle or taxi service of some sort as we don't want to have to rent a car. I half expected the process of disembarking and getting from terminal to be an all day thing. We don't have anything planned for the day aside from dinner reservations (or will have). But it's nice to at least have some idea of what to expect.

Was wondering, is it a bad idea to make a lunch reservation for post cruise hotel day we arrive? I am leaning towards doing a walk up and see what's available when we arrive, but just like to ask here to see if I'm being too cautious. What about lineups in the terminal with customs? Is it like going through the airport with varying lineups.

I half expected the process of disembarking and getting from terminal to be an all day thing.

OH gosh no.

What time are you expecting to get to the terminal to board the ship? Probably noonish, right? Well, they have to have the ship cleared and cleaned and readied for the next group of cruisers. And even though they could have eeryone in the terminal going through customs while they are doing that, really, it doesn't take THAT long.

And then the drive from Canaveral to WDW is about an hour.

Was wondering, is it a bad idea to make a lunch reservation for post cruise hotel day we arrive?

I would much rather make reservations for dinner, and just play it by ear for lunch.

You should be at your Disney resort within an hour after walking out of the building (provided your ride is ready).
You should be out of the building (through customs) about 30-45 minutes after you walk off the ship.
So, if you're off the ship at 8am, you should be at Disney by 9:30-10. If you're off at 10am (about as late as it can be), you should be at Disney by noon.
If you're assigned a later off time than what you'd like, go to guest services and ask for an earlier one.

Was wondering, is it a bad idea to make a lunch reservation for post cruise hotel day we arrive? I am leaning towards doing a walk up and see what's available when we arrive, but just like to ask here to see if I'm being too cautious. What about lineups in the terminal with customs? Is it like going through the airport with varying lineups.

We just completed our first Oasis cruise January 15th. We carried our own luggage down to Disembark and we were in our vehicle and on the road by around 7:20 am. We definitely could have been to Disney by 9:00 if we had wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter