DISers Disneybounding!

mamaCta said:
I *may* have put together these outfits already. :blush:

http://mama-c.polyvore.com/

I'm still looking for just the right blue dress to be Cinderella, Alice or Belle.

Very cute --- I love the Snow White outfit. I disneybounded as Alice in early march, and had a hard time finding a dress in the right shade of blue. I gave up and just got a blue dress (the shade was close) and called it a day.

I did it without thinking today. I only realized how villainous I looked when I was all ready!

8599280708_ed9aabd9f7_n.jpg

OP, I love your mardi gras/Tiana and Naveen outfits.

Gals you look amazing!! I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of Disneybound's ideas on Pinterest. And I think the idea is genius! Make a fashion statement, imitate a character but with the intent on not looking costumey is the point. I see it as "this is not a blatant attempt but a street clothes interpretation of, say, Minnie or Tink." Can't wait for my next trip to get in on the action and will be sure to post! :hippie:

This concept is so fun! I had NEVER heard of this term until the first post of this thread. We were people watching at Disneyland a few weeks ago, and an older teen girl walked by us. We did a double take as she was dressed in Snow White colors--bright yellow skinnies, layered navy tee and royal blue tank, red flats and red headband, and bright red lipstick. She looked adorable and was drawing many eyes after her. We didn't know the term, but knew right off she was paying homage to Snow White!

I am doing some clothes shopping for my trip in July, and the colors are similar to the castle. Just what I'm in the mood for this time I guess!

Midnightred

I love Disneybounding!

I had been planning Disneybound outfits for my Christmas trip, but didn't actually pull anything together before leaving. On Christmas day I realized I accidentally or maybe subconsciously Disneybounded as Cruella!

I disneybound every trip we go... and I try my best to get the fiance to as well. Haha our last trip I was young ellie, Minnie mouse, goofy, and Lillian Disney. I will have to see if I can find pictures.
This trip for our honeymoon we are going to be buzz and woody, belle and prince Adam, mike and sully, and a couples Mickey and Minnie shirt. I'm very excited:-)

Love the idea guys! :) :) :) Let's get some more pictures on this thread when we can! DBF and I haven't made any plans for our April trip yet since he's been really busy with Pharmacy school interviews, but I'm hoping we can plan some outfits soon. Maybe Ironman to commemorate the new exhibit opening in Innoventions? Or maybe Carl and Ellie? Not sure yet, but I'll get back to you as we keep planning!

Love the idea guys! :) :) :) Let's get some more pictures on this thread when we can! DBF and I haven't made any plans for our April trip yet since he's been really busy with Pharmacy school interviews, but I'm hoping we can plan some outfits soon. Maybe Ironman to commemorate the new exhibit opening in Innoventions? Or maybe Carl and Ellie? Not sure yet, but I'll get back to you as we keep planning!

Two of my friends had engagement pictures three years ago that could now be considered disneybounding Carl and Ellie. They were seriously adorable, balloons and everything. Unfortunately they broke off the engagement so I can find no photos of it now :(

DSC00617_zps77e13056.jpg

This is my DD Disneybounding as Wendy.

DSC00743_zpsb677b10f.jpg

Here she is as Alice. She also dressed up her Shellie May Disney Bear as Alice.

DSC00766_zps9d85f42d.jpg

Belle in the new Fantasyland at WDW.

DSC00513_zps1183b7d9.jpg

Ariel in our Little Mermaid room at the Art of Animation hotel in WDW.

DSC00590_zpsd2769e94.jpg

Last but not least - Pongo from 101 Dalmations.

I had never heard of this before this thread and we just got back from 3 days in the parks. I saw quite a few great examples while we were there. It was fun being in on the "secret".

I am so enjoying the pictures. Keep them coming.

JacksGirlz - Your daughter is adorable. I especially love the Pongo outfit.

A note to potential Disneybounders, especially those planning to go more "costumey." Disney has rules about what a guest may or may not wear in their parks. There have been news stories about them asking guests to leave or change clothes if they look too similar to a copyrighted character. I am thinking specifically of a girl dressed as TinkerBell who apparently was too convincing. Also, masks are prohibited. Anyway, just a suggestion that you might want to err on the side of paying homage without exactly replicating the character.

I just ordered a blue dress for Belle and some cute accessories from Modcloth. I am far to invested in this for an almost 40 woman. :P

JacksGirlz said:
Thank you. Just uploaded this pic of her from our last day at the parks.

JacksGirlz

Your daughter looks great. She has done some of the best Disney Bounding, Cute :-)

mamaCta said:
I just ordered a blue dress for Belle and some cute accessories from Modcloth. I am far to invested in this for an almost 40 woman. :P

As you should :-)

Almost 40 and Fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter